News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

I FINALLY BOUGHT A 4WD

Started by codajastal, June 27, 2014, 10:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codajastal

$760 from ebay, YES THATS SEVEN HUNDRED & SIXTY DOLLARS. 7 seater and everything works. I have already had my mechanic round to have a looky :)
It is roadworthy and ready to go, Just need plates (Thursday I think)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

JAS6377

'Tis a Mishy-Bishy! Miles (kms for you, I guess)? It looks like it's in good condition. Any plans for off-roading, or did you just want a 4wd "just in case"?
Blue 2004F with some fun stuff
Lunchbox, 22.5/65/147.5, Jardine, 17/39, R6 throttle, R6 shock, .85 springs, GSXR1100 rearsets, Clubmans+Rox 2" risers, T-Rex sliders, flush mount fronts, integrated LED tail, integrated LED fronts, HID Projector, blue gauge LEDs, 12V outlet

And 96.5% more wub wub

Kiwingenuity

That's a sweet score for the $ - even a set of tyres for it would be that much.. 3.0 or 3.5l?

The LWB ones were reasonably good off road as long as you get the manual with low range. Good for towing as well.  :thumb:

codajastal

It is a 3.0lt V6 LWB Manual with Super Low Range 4WD, Low Range 4WD, High Range 4WD and 2WD
It has 300,000kms but is mech sound and well looked after, Yes I do 4WDing and this is my second 4WD, Last one was a HJ60 LandCruiser.
I did a lot of beach and hill driving with that one so am hoping this one will be able to do the same (Cruiser went fkn everywhere easily)

Janx101

Good score bro, the mitsi will be roughly on par with a 60 series, don't look for extra deep wheel ruts though.... there was a significant jump in capabilities with the 80 series though.

Keep a close eye on your service intervals tho, those v6 age BADLY if they get neglected!

Watcher

Hell of a deal, we could all be so lucky.

I daily drive a Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with the 4.0 i6 and an AX15 5speed trans and love it.  Gas mileage could be better, but it more than makes up for it in the snow.  That thing just sticks!

Plus it was cheap enough that I can neglect it and not feel bad, and its tough enough that I can neglect it and it keeps going.  185,xxx on the clock and still ticking, bad valve cover gasket and a leaky radiator, rust holes in the body, a welded on drive shaft u joint, a transfer case I fixed with RTV and a hammer, no rear wiper, a CD player with a broken display, the bad blower motor resister was bipassed so all I get on the climate control is high or off, a chip in the windshield, and none of the tires match, but she never let me down, doesn't complain as long as she isn't thirsty, and only cost me $1250.

Ive definitely gotten my moneys worth.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

codajastal

Quote from: Watcher on June 29, 2014, 07:03:47 PM
Hell of a deal, we could all be so lucky.

I daily drive a Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with the 4.0 i6 and an AX15 5speed trans and love it.  Gas mileage could be better, but it more than makes up for it in the snow.  That thing just sticks!

Plus it was cheap enough that I can neglect it and not feel bad, and its tough enough that I can neglect it and it keeps going.  185,xxx on the clock and still ticking, bad valve cover gasket and a leaky radiator, rust holes in the body, a welded on drive shaft u joint, a transfer case I fixed with RTV and a hammer, no rear wiper, a CD player with a broken display, the bad blower motor resister was bipassed so all I get on the climate control is high or off, a chip in the windshield, and none of the tires match, but she never let me down, doesn't complain as long as she isn't thirsty, and only cost me $1250.

Ive definitely gotten my moneys worth.

LMFAO sound about right :)

Kijona

john

Cool truck!  Too bad it's a Mitsubishi  :flipoff:
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

codajastal

Quote from: john on July 01, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
Cool truck!  Too bad it's a Mitsubishi  :flipoff:
Dont worry, I feel the same way,
I wish it was a Toyota.
Maybe if I change all the badges....Hmmm........

Watcher

Too bad this, too bad that, whatever, just own it!

People be like, Mitsubishi sucks, that truck is a POS!

You be like, hey man, this truck kicks your Prius' ass!

Like my Cherokee.  I don't make it out to be something its not but when people call me out I say "at least its american!"

4wd, 5speed, solid axles, leaf springs, big rubber...
Sure beats 2wd, auto, CV axles, struts, and go cart tires...
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

BockinBboy

... I didn't think you could live in Australia without 4WD...

- Bboy

Sonic Springs, R6 Shock, R6 Throttle Tube, Lowering Links, T-Rex Frame Sliders, SW-Motech Alu-Rack, SH46 Shad Topcase, Smoked Signals, Smoked LED Tailight, ZG Touring Windscreen

Janx101

Well yeah ... But that's only the pacific highway from Sydney to Brisbane though!!! ... It's not all like that!! .... Pacific highway has had the upgrade pictured above!!

codajastal

Quote from: Janx101 on July 02, 2014, 02:57:15 PM
Well yeah ... But that's only the pacific highway from Sydney to Brisbane though!!! ... It's not all like that!! .... Pacific highway has had the upgrade pictured above!!
LOLZ

john

I guess Coda never heard of Land Rover.
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

codajastal

Quote from: john on July 03, 2014, 11:54:55 AM
I guess Coda never heard of Land Rover.
You lost me there John? :dunno_black:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk