GS Mirror Extensions/ Frame sliders

Started by BikerBill, January 15, 2012, 12:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BikerBill

I could but I would rather keep it simple atlest for now. I like the way you all think though.

xunedeinx

make a beautiful AL tubing version of that.

BikerBill

How long it that? (About a foot) What it the tube size? How many? what finish? Would I be able to get my hands on that one as a sample?

xunedeinx

Ask around for a sample, maybe buddha or someone has one.

I think tube size is irrelevant, as its overbuilt to begin with.

Its a stock piece, connecting your rear calipers to the frame. Look on your bike on the right hand side.

Its spread apart to give clearance for a bigger rim and tire. Look at yours for a general idea. It isnt an exact piece. Most wack the stock piece with a hammer after torching it...

BikerBill

UPDATE ON THE MIRROR EXTENSIONS!

I stayed after work today and got 1 set mocked up. I would post pics but I am tired and headed to bed real soon. I should be a ble to get some pics on here tomorrow. They are actually going to be easier than I though and not nearly as bulky as some I've seen on the web. The max width is only 3/4". Well like I said I am pooped so I am going to relax.

I will look into the tube above as well. Is this something that breaks or just gets ugly? Also Adidisguy- when you get a chance let me know about those decals.

Take it easy guys!

BikerBill

xunedeinx

No, dont break.

When you do a kat rear wheel swap, that bar interferes with the tire. Needs to be move over a bit.

Most take a torch and BFH to it, but i'd like to be more civil.

BikerBill

Well here are a couple of pics I took this evening. Of course I plan to have them anodized and the harware on the one end is to long but I have the shorts bolt on order already. This first set I made will give me 2 extra inches, I can make these any length I want. I just picked 2 inches as a starting point. I would love to here everyones opinion see have at it. There are a ton of different ways to do this but I think this is the slimest. The hardware is block-oxided. I will post pics of the final product around the first of next week. If anyone is interested let me know so I can get a count started. They would only need about 2 weeks to get them to you. My main hold up is the anodize, they aren't always the quickest. Anyone that want them off of this Forum can get them for $35.00 which will inlude all of the necessary harware and 2 extensions.

Well let me know what you think, changes can be made very easy at this point.

Sorry about the cell phone quality photos

xunedeinx

Lookin good!

Make 100 pair in an evening, and sell them in the fs thread for a year or two!

You should make a solid AL roundbar version of that rear brake torque bar. It would look sexy.

BikerBill

Well the machine i've been using to run these has been tied up for 2 days now so I went to plan B and talked to a friend of mine who just relocated his shop and he said it will be a couple more days until he has the mill I need up and running but once he does its all mine. He does mainly automotive work so he rarly uses it and its only 3 miles from my house. So I wont have to wait until a machine is open in the evening at work anymore. I still plan on getting a couple of sets complete and out for anodize by the first of next week. I mentioned earlyer is this thread a friend/coworker was helping me with this project and we received his mirror extensions back from anodize tody and they look great.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk