News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Newly licensed rider and '05 GS500F owner from Halifax, Nova Scotia,Canada

Started by Skinnee D, June 20, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinnee D

I just wanted to say what's up. My name is Damon. I've had my bike license for about 2 weeks and my first bike, a 2005 GS500F, for a week. I'm 38 and I hope to learn what I can from all the riders on this form. Thanks.
2005 GS500F (Silver/black/red) - LED tach, speedo & dash bulbs, LED front turn signals, fenderectomy,

DoktoroKiu

Welcome!  I am also a newbie (had my license for almost a month now) with an '09 GS500F I got 5/18.  The only suggestion I have is don't be afraid to take the bull by the horns in your new hobby/obsession.  I took to the road the day I got my license at the BMV (I took the training class of course), and I've already done a little bit of a tune up (valve clearances) even though I hardly even qualify as an armchair mechanic.  There are some VERY knowledgeable people on these boards to learn from and to ask should you encounter any problems.
"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live" - Marcus Aurelius

Skinnee D

Thx doktorokiu. I'm not bad mechanically but I think I'm gonna leave her stock for the most part. Aside from better spark plugs and the LED dash lights and signal lights I have on order. I might get my brother-in-law to help with a slight colour change as well.
2005 GS500F (Silver/black/red) - LED tach, speedo & dash bulbs, LED front turn signals, fenderectomy,

DoktoroKiu

Quote from: Skinnee D on June 26, 2014, 05:32:48 PM
Thx doktorokiu. I'm not bad mechanically but I think I'm gonna leave her stock for the most part. Aside from better spark plugs and the LED dash lights and signal lights I have on order. I might get my brother-in-law to help with a slight colour change as well.

Cool, stock is good (only mods I have now are turn signals the PO put on her).  I did the valve clearances because I had a lot of trouble with idling that was caused by tight valves (I'd check them if you're having issues with slow warm-up times or idling issues).  I also have nicer iridium plugs.

I'm also about to install the LED dash kit (with blue tach and speedo lights), as well as an RGB LED accent light kit for the body.  I'm considering buying a sealed battery as well (lot of rust around my vent tube area I'd like to deal with).

What color is your bike now?
"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live" - Marcus Aurelius

Skinnee D

My bike is tight. No problems at all. The color is black and silver with the red accents.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk