News:

New Wiki available at http://wiki.gstwins.com -Check it out or contribute today!

Main Menu

WHO are you and where are you from?

Started by Jonathan, June 13, 2003, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PugzMikey

29 year old bloke from Australia. Looking for info about my future bike

yamahonkawazuki

They are dependable as can be thats for sure. Wont outrun a supersport, but sometimes can outcorner them in the hands of a good rider. What kinda info you looking for?
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

PantheraLeo

44 year old relatively new owner of a 2005 GS 500F.  It has only its front faring attached at the moment.  I am very pleased with it so far.

Roaring via Tapatalk.

Katana 600 rear shock, 0.85 Sonic Springs
Shortened Signal Stalks
Fenderectomy
Fairing Repair/repaint
Yoshimura

Woko

Hello folk, I'm Woko from Liverpool in the UK, new to the site and new to the GS twin,

GS500Schultz

26yr old who has owned 13 bikes not including dirt and sleds.

This GS hopefully will be with me for many years.
You don't own a project bike..
The Project bike owns you!

Rx_only

Hello everyone!
I'm a new motorcycle owner. Just gt my hands on a 2007 GS500F  :D
I'm from New York and and 22 in college to become a pharmacist real soon.
Hope to meet some cool riders in the area 😎😃

cWj

Quote from: Rx_only on November 28, 2014, 08:16:10 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm a new motorcycle owner. Just gt my hands on a 2007 GS500F  :D
I'm from New York and and 22 in college to become a pharmacist real soon.
Hope to meet some cool riders in the area 😎😃

Greetings. Which part of NY? There are a few ;-)

eco.usa

Dan from North Carolina.  40+ years working in the bike mechanic trade. Trying to develop breaker point ignition to replace the no longer available ignition module on 2002 GS 500. 

Did the same for competition bikes in the past, one that won National Dirt Drag Championship top gas eliminator and also set record of 47 kick starts per minute with Harley Shovel Head at Daytona "Just for Kicks" kick start contest. Got over a million miles experience on the fleet of street bikes that run this. It is the most reliable system for coast to coast runs. 

Great to have other experienced folks to bounce questions off of.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: eco.usa on January 06, 2015, 07:38:20 PM
Dan from North Carolina.  40+ years working in the bike mechanic trade. Trying to develop breaker point ignition to replace the no longer available ignition module on 2002 GS 500. 

Did the same for competition bikes in the past, one that won National Dirt Drag Championship top gas eliminator and also set record of 47 kick starts per minute with Harley Shovel Head at Daytona "Just for Kicks" kick start contest. Got over a million miles experience on the fleet of street bikes that run this. It is the most reliable system for coast to coast runs. 

Great to have other experienced folks to bounce questions off of.

A noble enterprise, sir.
Katana 600 rear shock, 0.85 Sonic Springs
Shortened Signal Stalks
Fenderectomy
Fairing Repair/repaint
Yoshimura

AmBraCol

Howdy folks. I've been licensed to ride motorcycles since '84, learned a few years before on my uncle's Enduro.  First bike was a CB500Four, current ride is an XL200.  It's taken me over the central range of the Andes a few times, even clear over the eastern range and over to Puerto Lopez.  But although it's better than the GN125 it replaced, I'm really wanting to upgrade to a larger bike.  Down here bigger bikes are expensive so there's not much to choose from.  A brand new GS500 is the cheapest "big bike" available at around $7,500 US dollars.  Used bikes don't go very cheap either, but with patience and cash one might become available for the right price.  In the meantime I'm researching the bike and learning what I can.  They only sell the naked version here and I'm not sure what current production bikes are equivalent to in other places.  They are built just a few kilometers from our place.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from those of you with more experience with this bike.  My original application for membership was in order to ask about bike fit - and then further digging found the info.  Basically - gotta try it to make sure but it should fit my 6'2" frame OK once a few tweaks to handle bars and such are made.  It can't be worse than the XL200 and has to be a real upgrade to the GN125.

carpetmaven2000

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm 29 and from Oklahoma City. Just picked me up a 04' GS500F In December. It's been about 5yrs since I've last ridden, but definitely looking forward to the up coming ridding season.

Bikes been modified slightly as followed:

Full Delkevic stainless exhaust system with SS70 muffler
Yamaha R6R rear shock swap
Puig Windscreen
RVGS Grips
Progressive Springs in front forks
Pirelli Sport Demon tires
Upgraded Mikuni jets
K&N Filter
EBC brake pads front and back
RK Chain
JT Sprockets (16T front, 38T rear)

dan the man

Howdy from dans dad in th UK .hot rodder,dragracer,mechanic/mot tester .will mod anything,only bikes I have owned was a BSA C15 250cc 1963 as my get to work,collage ect when I was 16-17 and a Honda ss65 as a muck abouter when I passed my car test.Its my youngest lads fault as he wanted a "tot bike " when I built a tot rod for my other kids. So made one out of a Suzuki 80 step through and we took it to the drag strip to mess about in the pits and was told next year we will be starting a junior drag bike class !!!This was when he was 11 and he loved the RD 400 yam Super Twin Gas bikes so I made a frame with an RD 125 engine ,next when he outgrew it I made a chromoly frame that is still racing today (we did fit a Honda 250 twin made up to 350 in it for Super Twin ET but never raced it in anger) in Junior Bike.also fitted a Aprillia 50 engine into a Cagiva Prima 50 as his road bike ,his brother had blown it up and we couldant get the bits or very expensive so fitted the Aprillia unit and it made a much better bike.Now to the GS500e he got to ride but never took his big bike test and it has sat on our patio for 2years ,he did race it in Super Twin et for a year ,it ran 15.2 or 14.8 cant remember so look on projects for whats next

BikerMedic

I'm from Michigan, was a member about 8 years ago when I was living in California with my first bike, a 2000 gs500e. I loved that bike and regret having had to get rid of it. I was an active member of this forum, had utilized the shim kit, and tweaked that bike to perfection.

Now I'm an army medic with a wife and kid, and I have an old gsxr750 I'm going to trade (plus get some cash) for a gs500e.  The gs500e was the perfect bike for me, and I'm glad to trade with someone who is under the illusion that they've outgrown the gs500. It's just an all around better bike for my purposes.

I'm really excited to be back on this forum, tweaking my gs500 to perfection and sharing my experiences.

hInstance

Hi, I live in the Dandenong area of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I still regard myself as a beginner rider and am slowly learning. I bought new and still ride a 2012 GS500F. Apart from handlebar risers and a K&N air filter it is completely stock standard. I've racked up nearly 15000Km on it so far and am close to wearing out the rear OEM BT-45 tyre. I enjoy the country back roads as I feel they have more 'character' than dull free-ways.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2012 GS500F

evilorion

Hello everybody, I am a 26 year old male riding out of Nashville, TN. I am a college student. Single and loving it. Work for a living. I consider my motorcycle my main form of transportation.

As of April of 2015 I will be riding for 1 year, so I acknowledge my novice riding experience.

I hope to learn more about my bike and riding in general from this site! Possibly meet other local riders.

Peace and Blessings
-eo
'06 Suzuki GS500F

lucifer_mr2

Been away from this forum for quite a while, not that I posted much anyway. Haven't ridden my 2007 GS500 in about two years, to busy riding a Harley. Decided to get it up and running again and ride it for a while and maybe sell it.

In Canberra Australia, 29 years old and work on it a fair bit (don't let people work on my vehicles apart from tyres and wheel alignments.)

SkyBob

22 year old car enthusiast from Daytona Beach, FL who just got into bikes from friends, and everyone in FL owns one. Picked up a used 93' gs500e for $700 with 10k miles on it. Ran okay, Upgraded the basics, intake, exhaust, jets. Ran Alot better, and quicker. Did some other odds and ends.

93' Gs500e
In Process of Swapping Head
Vance&Hines Full Exhaust
lunchbox airbox
40/150/1Wash(3-turns)
Repainted metallic Blurple
End Mirror
LCD Speedometer
636 Led integrated tail light
HID 5000k
Cut Frame
Aftermarket pegs
Relocated wires&plate
110/140 tires

And my Stunt Fz-09

Devikah

I recently turned 16, which qualified me for my first street bike.  After I aced the MSF Basdic Course, of course.  :)

This makes me the first female motorcyclist in a family of avid motorcyclists (dad and uncles).

Happy trails from southern Nevada,

Devi

[attachment deleted by admin]

Laverda

I'm an Englishman living in Scotland.
I trained as a Motorcycle Mechanic in the 80's,& have (according to my wife) far too many motorcycles.
First bike (thirty odd years back) was a Suzuki, my youngest also rides bikes & has a 1997 GS500E.
:thumb:
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

khalbacon

I am an American living in North Carolina, just bought my first bike which is a 2006 GS500F she is a little roughed up but I got her going again and I am in the process of replacing some of the damaged asthetics. I am in the US Air Force and I am also a graduate student for software engineering at East Carolina, married with two kids so I have my plate pretty full. Glad to be here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk