News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

End of the Road for 2000 GS500e

Started by 78530i, February 11, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78530i

I have had this black E model for 8 years. I have ridden it all four seasons in CT. It's been knocked over by cars 2x; and I came off the back of it once; so this is handlebar set #3. The tank holds fuel; but not it's original shape (at all). Paint is faded and plastics are held together with shoestrings. The seat is coming apart under duct tape. It has been a part-time job for me the past few years buying used replacement parts for this poor bike.

The bike runs but needle jets didn't seal after a budget carb overhaul.

Here are some images:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mpSoNzrNb4cYZW8I3

J_Walker

the oil over the back seat says it all.  :D
-Walker

Bluesmudge

Are you not fixing it? Only 30,000 miles so its just getting broken in.

Edit: Just realized this is the For Sale section. GLWS!

78530i

I'm torn. I just bought a Kawasaki Versys which does not make me feel like a circus bear on a tiny bicycle. On the other hand, I have a lot of memories with the old Suzuki.
I'm wondering how much money others have made parting out their bikes.

The oil on the seat was from replacing oil after the needle valves leaked. It does not burn or leak oil.
The body cosmetic stuff is probably not going to sell though.

78530i

Battman

Do you have the neutral light diode? Cant seem to find one anywhere

The Buddha

Quote from: Battman on March 14, 2018, 09:35:36 AM
Do you have the neutral light diode? Cant seem to find one anywhere

Its not a diode ? you're talking about that bobbin that is in the crankcase or the light bulb in the dash. Its just a little light bulb.
Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

alpo

If you part it out I'm interested in the bracket that holds the speedometer/tachometer.

Battman

Its the one that plugs into the two wires from the neutral light it looks like a fuse almost plugs right into the harness

78530i

Sorry to keep you waiting. I have not decided what to do yet. I rode it the other day for a minute; and work is too crazy to take time to tear into it right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk