News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

POLL: Who wante seperate boards?

Started by john, January 15, 2006, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to keep the Meet & Greet the way it is or change it to regions?

I like the way it is
16 (42.1%)
I prefer regional sub forums
22 (57.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

john

I am thinking about East coast/central and west coast clild boards.  Tell me if you are interested in breaking it up or not.

There aren't a lot of posts in this forum and breaking it up may make some really slow unvisited boards.  But I'd liike your opinions.
There is more to this site than a message board.  Check out http://www.gstwin.com

Fear the banana hammer!

Phaedrus

I think regional sub-forums is a great idea because it woould be organized better. For example, some of the threads in there do not really indicate much of anything until you read them. Like Illion Gorge, does anyone besides me even know what the hell that is? Maybe Pastrami.  :icon_razz:

And there seems to be certain "hot spots". Like SoCal, the Northeast, and Central TX. Other places seem pretty quiet on here.

I think the board could use some more organization :)

Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Photos from the June '06 Northeast GStwin Meet

makenzie71

I don't think we're really big enough for regions.  Finding locals is as easy as just hitting up the odds'n'ends and asking who's where.

As long as we're small enough that hitting the "new posts" link every time you get on doesn't enduce any kind of hysteric confusion, I think it's fine as is.

pantablo

fine as is. to answer Phaedrus' issue with threads...ppl need to be clear about where the ride is going or starting, in a general enough way to get those close by to look inside. there he can post that specific information.

thats my take on it, but I've always fought new fora additions. soon we'll look like gixxer.com !
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

Phaedrus

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=23522.0

And Mak, not everyone checks in one the site 100 times a day and stays on here for 6-8 hours a day. Like uhh...some of us. You can easily see what new posts there are. Try coming here once every week or two.  :laugh:

And Pablo, yeah we need to be more specific about labeling the threads.

I think some of y'all are just relics resistant to change  :icon_razz: A little organization never hurt anyone.
:thumb:
Richard died in a motorcycle accident that was at no fault of his own.  We lost a good friend and good member of this board.  Though Rich may be gone, his legacy will live on here.

Phaedrus

ok just for gits and shiggles :)

Let's take the Northeast US for example.

There are over 700 replies (not views) to topics pertaining to the NE US. There are 16 threads. Many of them are multiple pages: 16, 15, 8, 4, 11, 3 for example. That isn't a LOT, but it isn't a little either. That's a pretty healthy dose of GS activism in the northeast. Even more active than Australia, who does have their own child board.  :icon_razz: (419+ replies, 1 thread, 28 pages).

:cheers:

pandy

I'm definitely a relic who resists change (Phae  :flipoff:), but I do like the idea of a main board and some regional sub-groups.

Heck, I'm still learning the new board, and now I'm trying to catch up....and I wish I'd figured everything out BEFORE having to go away.....I'm sooo lost and cnnfused  :cry:  (isn't Vicodin da bomb?  :thumb:)

k....what was the question?   O0
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Alphamazing

I like it how it is, but then again I've got my one thread for Texas, and that just about covers the distances I'm going to travel on a weekend.
'05 DR-Z400SM (For Sale)
'04 GS500E (Sold)

Holy crap it's the Wiki!
http://wiki.gstwins.com/

pandy

Quote from: AlphaFire X5 on January 16, 2006, 12:16:16 PM
I like it how it is, but then again I've got my one thread for Texas, and that just about covers the distances I'm going to travel on a weekend.

Typical male....get just what you want and then roll over and go to sleep  :flipoff: :laugh:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

scratch

The ride demographics and date should be in the title of the thread. Such as: Bay Area GS ride, June 16th; you have an idea where it is and what day.  I have to organize my rides two months in advance, because everybody in my area have busy schedules. So usually, I just put: June Bay Area GS ride. Plus, my location is under my avatar; I would hope people would notice that, if where the ride was being held was in question.
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

NightRyder

I like how it is now. Too split up and it becomes a ghost town. .. or board. w/e..

I think you should stick a link to http://www.frappr.com/gstwin at the top of the Meet and Greet section. We could put it to better use I think, then sticking it in the FAQ section, where noone ever looks, except when they have problems.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each BIKE or personal message. BBC code and WORKS may be used in your WELL.

annguyen1981

Quote from: pandy on January 16, 2006, 12:32:35 PM
Quote from: AlphaFire X5 on January 16, 2006, 12:16:16 PM

Typical male....get just what you want and then roll over and go to sleepĀ  :flipoff: :laugh:

What's wrong with that???   :laugh:

2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

annguyen1981

Oh yeah...  Change is always good.  When we get too used to a certain way, that tells people that change is needed. :cookoo:

2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

Phaedrus

Well, it has been almost two months now and the child board idea won by a few votes.

So do we get a Northeast Section at least??  :icon_razz: See my previous post for why I think we should.  :cheers:

rangerbrown

the hell with your northeast

give us a southeast board

lol just messin but it would be great
nee down mother F***ers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk