News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Making a E an F work in progress

Started by knowles, August 05, 2012, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knowles

I picked up some Hella motorcycle fog lights. i already have a 12v plug-in for my GPS or anything else that has a cig plug. I want to set up the lights but don't want to have a bunch of wires on the battery, so is there a little device that i can connect to the battery that i can use as power strip of sorts to wire stuff off of the battery without wiring everything directly to the battery? :dunno_black:
1989 GS 500EK

knowles

1989 GS 500EK

weedahoe

K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

knowles

I dont need the fuses all the stuff i'm doing already has a inline fuse. i thought that adidas did something on his bike.
1989 GS 500EK

CrownSeven

Quote from: knowles on September 03, 2012, 07:49:16 PM
I dont need the fuses all the stuff i'm doing already has a inline fuse. i thought that adidas did something on his bike.

If you want to be safe, you'll need a fuse block of some sort like the one weedahoe linked to (which is the same one I just installed). 

Of course if you use one, you can throw away those inline fuses (if you want) and instead insert the appropriate fuse in the fuse block.  AND most of them have switched outputs available so you don't even need the individual relay's anymore for the most part.

The one adidas used is by Eastern Beaver: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Fuseboxes/fuseboxes.html

I'm happy with the Fuzeblock, but the Eastern Beaver does allow for more power hungry accessories.

knowles

Ok well add another thing to the list of things to buy.
1989 GS 500EK

adidasguy

Quote from: CrownSeven on September 03, 2012, 08:59:07 PM
The one adidas used is by Eastern Beaver: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Fuseboxes/fuseboxes.html

Hmmm... Let's see what's going on.....

1. I have a neighbor that hides soft pockets of loose gravel so you can't see them then hit them without warning (like going over a wooden bridge with random spots of dry rot where you never know when you wheel will fall through)

2. I am accused of intentionally dropping Suzi to make some point  :cookoo:

3. Somewhere I have this fuse block? I wish I knew where it was.  :dunno_black:

Oh, well. I 'll just fade away while I determine what to do with the clutch on Phenix that seems to stick. Guess time to replace a clutch so I'll be busy for a while.

I'll let you know if I find that fuse block. No idea where it is.

CrownSeven

Doh!   :technical:

Sorry looks like it was a different member who has that fuse block, but someone on this forums does!  I swear! 

I guess I'm just used to hearing about this adidas fellow doing all these mods to his bike.

Quote from: adidasguy on September 04, 2012, 10:28:55 PM
Quote from: CrownSeven on September 03, 2012, 08:59:07 PM

Hmmm... Let's see what's going on.....

1. I have a neighbor that hides soft pockets of loose gravel so you can't see them then hit them without warning (like going over a wooden bridge with random spots of dry rot where you never know when you wheel will fall through)

2. I am accused of intentionally dropping Suzi to make some point  :cookoo:

3. Somewhere I have this fuse block? I wish I knew where it was.  :dunno_black:

Oh, well. I 'll just fade away while I determine what to do with the clutch on Phenix that seems to stick. Guess time to replace a clutch so I'll be busy for a while.

I'll let you know if I find that fuse block. No idea where it is.

mustangGT90210

OP, can you get a head on shot of that cowl for me? I'm wondering if it makes the bike look bulky or anything up front. I'd love to add one to mine but not if it looks out of place with the rest of the bike being naked
'93 GS - Clubmans - '04 tank/seat - Custom "slip" on - Airtech fender - Drag Specialties speedometer - GSXR drag bike grips - GSXR pegs - Lunchbox - Re-jet - Sold!

-94 GSX-R 750 - Sold

-02 SV650 - Crashed, sold for parts

-96 Bandit 600 - Sold

-93 Intruder 800 - bobbed out basket case,new project

knowles

think it looks better i'm going to put the side fairings on this winter but i have to weld up a few brackets. think its going to be easier than trying to drill and tap all the holes for bolts into the frame.

here is a front pic

1989 GS 500EK

knowles

Put the fog lights on , been pretty busy, should start the fun stuff when it gets too cold to ride to work and class anymore. :thumb:
1989 GS 500EK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk