News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

Screwed by cheap ass chinese shaZam! - yes shims are the #1

Started by The Buddha, June 26, 2015, 04:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Buddha

Yes a $2 Chinese shim blows up your motor. Very very awful issue - enough reason to go to china a kick those fools asses ...

OK what else.

My oldest complaint - pants with pockets that are not wide enough, so you put stuff in them, and it settles your way under your leg/butt. Yea way to go fools, thanks for making us sit on our keys.

Yea I've seen the Chinese harbor freight vice that broke someone posted on this site.
Chinese junk electronics - total garbage. Its nearly not worth trying to fix electronics, 99% of electronics you get as replacements for vintage stuff is garbage. If you're lucky, it will work when you power it on, and die peacefully when you turn up ... and if you're not lucky ... it will blow other crap when you power it up.

The newest and possibly the most trivial ... Kites from china are garbage, as are those string reels ...
I am a sorta kite expert. I can get almost anything up in the air if it was made right - and I have had kites since 94-95 that I flew until maybe 2012. My son in 2006-7 let go of a string and the kite flew away with the end reel and stuck in the tree across from my house. It flew there that night. Next day, I bought another kite and string. Sent it up and tangled it in the other kite string 1/2 way up, and pulled it back and got the other kite out as well.

And the last 3 kites I bought - do not fly, and never will. You cant get it off the ground during hurricane Kartina. If you're into kite flying - try this - tie a 1-2 ft string to the kite and walk/jog with it. If the kite flies off the string head pointed up - it will fly. Else it will not. The 3 I tried - hang top facing down. DOA. Anyway a delta kite, 42-60" span I got in the end worked.

Another tip - If a kite if made of plastic, you cant fly it around trees and bushes. If it ever gets to those bushes, it will rip. But otherwise plastic kites fly easy.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Slack

Did your motor just die?

I used to fly a lot, mostly 2 line, but some 4 as well. I hardly ever put up a single line kite.
I actually moved to the beach just to work at a kite shop and learn how to kite surf. Fun stuff, but the riding sucked. I missed the mountains and sold my bike within months of moving there because I didn't care for cruising and that's all there was.
Quote from: MeeLee on June 07, 2015, 07:14:25 PM
Be aware, this is not very wise advise!

The Buddha

Actually my motor needs a valve adjustment. I haven't done it cos I need to source the non Chinese shims. And I am lazy, and I'm moving out of storage cos those A$$holes raised the rent on me. All round crappy time to deal with a sheitteiy Chinese kite that hangs upside down.

I have never flown anything other than a single line kite. But I am partial to what is famously (in my home town) called a madras style kite. Its a high force kite made with pre formed and bent thick bamboo spine and bow design. It will need 30 lb line and it will clean yank you off the ground if you're not careful. They also make a racket as the paper rustles in the wind. But they will fly in 0 wind Especially if you're on a building or in a nice open field.

Cool.
Buddha.

The Buddha

Here is what I've been thinking ... wow dude ... you just blew my mind. You can ... THINK  :mad:  :cookoo: :2guns:

OK, if these Chinese fools cant make a shim that wont break - something we have managed to do for ... I dunno 100 yrs ... and a kite that can actually get in the air, and a kite string reel that will unroll when needed, something I am sure a cave man could ... or atleast 200 yrs ago we did ... how the f&ck are we supposed to feel comfortable driving around in a 4000 lb tin can full of these types of sheitte.

Cool.
Buddha.

Electrojake

This guy's threads are always, always, worth the read.  :whisper:

BTW: The Nigerian cell phone hacker thread is still my all-time favorite.  :bowdown:
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

The Buddha

Quote from: Electrojake on July 08, 2015, 08:17:17 PM
This guy's threads are always, always, worth the read.  :whisper:

BTW: The Nigerian cell phone hacker thread is still my all-time favorite.  :bowdown:

Oh that one, last winter. BTW I lifted the names from this beauty - real incident in our fantastic Charlotte Mecklenberg schools.

Link - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835157/Test-referring-big-bootie-pulled-school.html

In case it gets pulled soon - The text is -

'How likely is LaPrincess to inherit LaShamanda's big bootie?' School pulls 'racist' science question after outcry
Ardrey Kell High School in Charlotte, North Carolina, ran the question
Item in genetics quiz asked about Fontavius, LaPrincess and LaShamanda
For an example of a family trait to assess, the question choose 'bootie' size 
Question sparked anger among parents who called out 'racist' language
School district distanced themselves from question and won't use it again

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835157/Test-referring-big-bootie-pulled-school.html#ixzz3fQ1cuBGP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A science question asking whether a woman named LaShamanda would pass on her 'big bootie' to her daughter has been removed from lessons after parents said it was racist.

Ardrey Kell High School in Charlotte, North Carolina, featured a genetics question in which students were asked to work out the likelihood of a child - LaPrincess - getting 'her mama's big bootie'.

Outraged parents question seized upon the question's language, which they said uses racial stereotypes and belittles black people, causing school authorities to withdraw it from tests.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835157/Test-referring-big-bootie-pulled-school.html#ixzz3fQ1nJOBC

The question, reported by WBTV, was designed to tests whether the students could understand the difference between a dominant trait, which parents are likely to pass on, and a recessive one, which they are not.

It begins: 'LaShamanda has a heterozygous big bootie, the dominant trait. Her man Fontavius has a small bootie which is recesiive. They get married and have a baby named LaPrincess.'

After asking students to show their workings, two questions were asked:
'What is the probability that LaPrincess will inherit her mam's big bootie?'
'If LaShamanda and Fontavius have another child, what is the probability that it will have a big bootie?'

The mother of an Ardrey High student said: 'This is not appropriate language at all for the children in the school'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835157/Test-referring-big-bootie-pulled-school.html#ixzz3fQ1rhTZF

BTW Point #1: I don't see how its racist at all. No mention of their race at all. I think the people reading the thing are making their own race related assumptions. And that is stupid since I know a fair bit of white people with equally stupid names, especially princesa. Not Mexican, I asked her quite a few times. She was white.

Point #2: That Ardrey Kell school is in the whitest part of this area, not to mention the most McMansions per square mile. Tasteless McMansions. Retarded looking 5000 sqft 3 story + roof types complete with 20 hacienda's and a Porte Cocheire etc etc in a 8000 sqft property. So I can easily see why they are over reacting. These people are Morons.

Point #3: Ardrey kell school is one of the biggest in drug trafficking in this area - http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/cmpd-sees-increase-heroin-arrests-overdoses-south-/nfCNg/
Most users questioned told police they first tried heroin between 16 and 18 years old and the top three high schools they attended are Ardrey Kell, South Mecklenburg and Providence.

"I literally was talking to a parent last weekend about this and she does have children at Ardrey Kell," said Caroline, a mother.

Obviously they don't want people whose names could sound black affecting their heroin or their tacky ass McMansions. What is the Bootie is so big, its unaffected by Heroin and the McMansions don't fit the bootie.

Anyway Nigerian check scammer was asked to write a check to Lashamanda and I asked him to come and get the item from my Man Fontavius. I am not sure what he did though.

Cool.
Buddha.

Electrojake

Wow! That was a lot to digest.  :icon_eek:

Let me dig a little deeper here.
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

The Buddha

One more rant ...

Belts that are made of stiff vinyl, so by the time you have the thing buckled, a chunk of the bent has been scraped off by the buckle.
I am talking decent designer brands - they look awesome, except, you would never get it to look tha tway for very long.

Cool.
Buddha.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: The Buddha on July 19, 2015, 08:02:23 AM
One more rant ...

Belts that are made of stiff vinyl, so by the time you have the thing buckled, a chunk of the bent has been scraped off by the buckle.
I am talking decent designer brands - they look awesome, except, you would never get it to look tha tway for very long.

Cool.
Buddha.
preach on brother beavis :bowdown:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

The Buddha

I have a belt that actually broke.
The traditional buckle should have a belt that will bend into a 1" circle without being stiff.
The cobra style buckle - where the belt doesn't loop through the buckle (the huge texas style buckle) is OK if its stiff.

Cool.
Buddha.

ShowBizWolf

Ooooooh I hate crummy belts, I hear ya there Buddha... if I find one that I love I use it until it is BROKEN lol I hate looking for a new belt.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The Buddha

I have belts I bought in India in 2003 or so. The quality there after went to crap too.
I am awash in a sea of crappy crappy crappy products ... seems like everyone wants to have 20 shieittey things rather than 2 good things.
I am going to go to some stores in a few days, and I'll try on every belt they have and if they get chewed up, I'll just leave em on the shelf. I think we need to vote with our $$$, and these stores will soon learn they should not stock belts that are as flexible as a shard of bamboo.

If I find one that does flex well and buckle, I'll buy it ... Cos the other idiotic belt has a crack where I bent it to fit the buckle.

Cool.
Buddha. 

Janx101

Belts. .. good quality supple leather.... or gtfo!  :thumb:

ShowBizWolf

Quote from: The Buddha on July 20, 2015, 11:35:59 PM
... seems like everyone wants to have 20 shieittey things rather than 2 good things.

This is so freakin' true it isn't even funny.

I love older stuff... vintage even. And I'm glad I do because almost everything old (if it hasn't been abused to heck and back) lasts a million times longer than newer stuff. I refuse to have clutter or a million things in my house. If I want to buy something I really think about how much I need it first. I wish the world didn't seem so wasteful... everything is cheap and disposable so we keep having to go out and spend more cash money.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The Buddha

I love vintage stuff. However a mistake a lot of people make is the fact that they mistake a survivor from way back when, with a new item off the shelf.
I cant explain, but there are duds in every generation.
Its like this - You see a late 80's Honda accord ... you assume a accord will last forever. But 98-02 accords with automatic transmissions - well the trannies die.
Having said that, there is a difference between stuff that is made cheap to look shiny and pretty only to self destruct 2 weeks after the warranty runs out vs stuff that was just made with the technology of the day, that may or may not have an ability to survive.
Cool.
Buddha.

pliskin

:dunno_black:I ran a cheap China bike Lifan gy200 dual sport.....beat the piss out of it and it took it. The Walmart shocks would freeze up in the cold but the motor ran. It was made in the same China factory Suzuki motors are built in.
I hate those belts >:(

I hate they put metal handles on Chinese takeout food when they know I'm gonna put it in a microwave they made. :technical:

Frack, they made this tablet.

I do have a USA assembled LCD TV.
Why are you looking here?

pliskin

I do love me some farm raised steamed shrimp from China. I hear they feed them sewage and toxic waste from scrapped computer parts.
Why are you looking here?

ShowBizWolf

THE METAL HANDLES ON TAKEOUT BOXES omg you are so flippin' RIGHT that bugs the sh*t outta me when I want to reheat the leftovers wtffff then I have to be wasteful and use a paper plate OR be wasteful and dirty a bowl or dish that I have to wash later.  I am glad I am not alone in this struggle lol

Janx101

The little takeout boxes. .. good fir transport and unfold them to use as a plate.... not so good for fridge storage... don't have enough seal to avoid germies while in fridge!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk