Sooooooo, what do you want for christmas, or xmas, or whatever you choose to call it?

Started by yamahonkawazuki, December 17, 2016, 09:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShowBizWolf

I like this thread  :cheers:

Even though I don't have any children I did get an angel off the angel tree at my church. They are little paper angels that say something like "boy, age 7, winter coat, size ___" or "girl, age 4, Disney Princesses toy" etc. You can take one, buy the gift, wrap it up and return it to the church with the angel attached to it and then they give it out. I don't know how the church actually gets the requests for the items but it's really not for me to know lol.

I picked one for a 5 year old boy (keeping with the theme I guess!) that said shirt and pants so I got him a cool Ninja Turtles hooded shirt, some jogging style pants with an orange stripe on the side and (because we all remember what it was like growing up to get clothes... ick!) I got him a little toy sportbike and put that in the box too  8)
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

the_63

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on December 20, 2016, 12:25:25 PM
I got him a little toy sportbike and put that in the box too  8)

The bike toy is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumb:

Chris
O0
'99 GS500ex (sookie)

Big Rich

Ha.....my mother in law had something similar at her church. She went to pick a name off the tree but didn't have her reading glasses. She assumed she would be getting a gift for a child, but when she was able to read the card she found out she had to get clothes for a 20 year old guy.

Oh: thanks for the links R Scott & Pliskin!
83 GR650 (riding / rolling project)

It's opener there in the wide open air...

yamahonkawazuki

if i recall around here at least, people would sign their kids up early fall.  for the trees. MOST of the time it was on the honor system. i.e. you didnt have to prove you were in need for your kids. some places however via food stamp offices  would sign the kids up ( with proof )
Aaron.
lol just thought of something  a prosthetic cover made to look like a turkey drumstick  cartoonish style. ala flintstones.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

rscottlow

Yeah, I see a lot of those "giving" tree tags with requests for expensive items, or accessories for expensive items (i.e. video games). I'm really careful about the ones I pick up.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

yamahonkawazuki

can always pick up the pricy one and bring back socks and underwear ;)
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

ShowBizWolf

There were indeed a few of those angels on the tree this year. I was kinda taken aback really because it's the first time (that I know of) where there were video games and expensive things being asked for. Times sure are a changin' I guess......  :dunno_black:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

yamahonkawazuki

and i guarantee you, if they got socks and underwear theyd bit*h about it. if youre on one of those things, odds are parents financial situation is rather bleak. one should request accordingly imho. i.e. dont expect an xbox.  hell my situation is fin. bleak. id not even consider asking for something of that level. its all about prioriities. heck if i were to ask  of something of that level, it would be insulin pump supplies lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

Soo its close enough to start the next phase of this thread.
soooooooooo whadja get?
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Watcher

Clothes that mostly didn't fit, some gift cards, a breakfast sammich machine I won't use, an iced coffee brewer (legit), a bottle of High West Double Rye, and a bottle of Booker's Straight Bourbon.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

yamahonkawazuki

see it all works together ;) ill 'splain. you shouldnt drink on an empty stomach hence the sammich maker cant legally take a coctail on the road hence the iced coffee  machine, the gift cards along with the clothing if played right,. you can end up with something you can use . provided you dont go shopping piss drunk lol.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

Watcher

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on December 26, 2016, 09:45:23 AM
see it all works together ;) ill 'splain

Are you Bernard Purdy?

Haha, well, it would be more understandable if it was all from the same people.
The clothes that didn't fit were from my mother who I only moved away from in the last 3 years (how could she forget I wear L/XL and get me mediums?), the breakfast machine was also from her (from Middle school until the day I moved out I don't think I've ever made breakfast, and rarely even ate in the morning).
The gift card isn't for the same place as I got the clothes and cooker, so I can't combine the amounts into something amazing, unfortunately.

The coffee maker is from my sister and its legit.
The High West was from my cousin when we all exchanged gifts on the Eve.
The Booker's I got in grab-bag.

So...  My cousins, extended family I haven't seen in years and sister I only recently reconnected with know me better than my mother who I've lived with for something like 24 years.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

ShowBizWolf

I got all of what I asked for and some extras :D

Watcher I know how that feels... in the email I wrote to my mom giving her my Christmas list (which she always wants from both my brother and myself each year) I specifically told her I have too many black tank tops and too many gray ones... I'd like to have some different colors and Walmart has maroon, navy blue and like an olive green... so please get me some of those. Yeah I unwrapped about 10 new black ones and about 5 or 6 gray ones.  :technical:  And to boot, she bought my dad some leather work gloves in a size Large even though she knows my dad's hands are massive and would have been lucky to get an XL on...  :icon_rolleyes:

Oh well... overall it went well and I'm happy. OH yeah one of the extras I got was from my brother... he bought me something called a tour of America hot sauce pack... it's got like 8 different hot sauces in it  :cheers: I can't wait to try them all. And my dad got me the 25th anniversary edition of my favorite move ever (Tootsie) which has extras like deleted scenes and the making of, etc. :icon_mrgreen:

rscottlow

My little brother and I always exchange gifts, but this year we didn't really talk much about what we wanted. I ordered a nice photo of his Miata from his trip down to Tail of the Dragon this past summer, and I framed it for him. I gave it to him on Christmas Eve, and he was taken a bit by surprise as I guess he didn't plan on exchanging gifts this year. Christmas morning he shows up with a small package for me...a framed, grainy 5x7 photo of my rusty '04 Ford Ranger in the worst possible frame  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aside from that, I got the new IWB holster I wanted for my .380, as well as a bottle of Woodford Reserve and a couple of nice clothing items. My kids made out like bandits. My son got the Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage and Criss Cross Crash, and my daughter got a kitchen set. New toys made for a nice relaxing day on the couch for me yesterday!  :woohoo:

How about New Years plans? We go to my in-laws every year for board games, food, and drink. It's low-key, quiet, and fun for the kids too. We usually spend most of New Year's Day watching movies and eating leftovers (and sauerkraut!). And I'll have another long weekend, so I certainly can't complain about that.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Big Rich

Christmas for me is like Groundhog Day ( the movie). Saturday was spent with my mother in laws family (she has 3 sisters), Sunday was with my immediate family along with my SIL's family, Monday was the FIL's family, today is with my parents & brother, and tomorrow is with friends. By the time New Years rolls around, I'm ready for a drink! Haha....

I got a bunch of the "normal" Christmas stuff, but I did get a really nice smart watch. My son has been playing with a new toy every waking minute of every day, all the while saying "I love Christmas / Santa Claus!". How cute.....

For New Years, we will go up to my SIL's house and play Cards Against Humanity. For those of you that haven't played it: don't play for the first time with religious family members or the neighbors pre-teen kids. Just a heads up.

rscottlow

Quote from: Big Rich on December 27, 2016, 11:59:52 AM
For New Years, we will go up to my SIL's house and play Cards Against Humanity. For those of you that haven't played it: don't play for the first time with religious family members or the neighbors pre-teen kids. Just a heads up.

I hope for your sake this isn't an "I learned this the hard way" kind of thing...
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Hupjai

Anyone else experience a scene of brats, ungratefully opening a gifts from their wish-list and when they were done unwrapping/tossing gifts aside, they said, "I'm not excited about any of my gifts." I asked another one of them what they got and she replied, "Nothing."

OOOOOH, if I wasn't so American I would have let my villager spank the ungratefulness outta them! In retrospect, I'm sure my cousins wouldn't have had any issue with the delegated labor.  :cookoo:

I got a cooking timer, a comfy sweater and a personal humidifier. I'm pretty happy with myself.  :thumb:

Big Rich

Quote from: rscottlow on December 27, 2016, 12:38:18 PM
Quote from: Big Rich on December 27, 2016, 11:59:52 AM

I hope for your sake this isn't an "I learned this the hard way" kind of thing...

Naturally! My FIL is strict Catholic, my MIL is a incredible woman (I won't even swear in front of her), and we played CAH with them. Whenever we play, I'm always the "Card Czar" which means I have to read out loud what EVERY card says. My SIL's neighbor was over last year when she was 13.... basically after every round I had to tell her "don't tell your parents you heard this come outta my mouth"

the_63

I got a sizable amount of money, couple of toiletries giftsets, book on the history of dr. Strange which I haven't read yet because I haven't seen the movie. I don't like to even watch movie trailers or see posters when it comes to the MCU, the more surprises they pack in the better. I got some nice loungewear/pj items, one is a big fluffy hoodie that's ind of like a hoodie/dressing gown. It's awesome! My mam bought me a watch too, but I don't wear watches...being a nursing student watches aren't ideal, they're unhygienic and can get caught on things, that's why we have fob watches  :icon_lol:

But it was nice to spend time with family. Back in my homeland now to see my brother and friends

Chris
O0
'99 GS500ex (sookie)

yamahonkawazuki

Since it is approaching again, ill revive this thread. Sooooooo what do all want this year?
Me:
A wireless card for my PC FINALLY turning net back on.
And gta5 on my steam account lol.
Aaron
And all? Post up  :D
".
A proud Mormon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk