News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

$84 buttonwillow trackday! oct 20th

Started by pantablo, September 19, 2005, 01:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poormanracing

preparation...tell me about it...$84 dollar track day it aint....i dont even wanna compute the money i spent already...but yeah i think it will be better on succeeding trackdays....(lookin into that 12/11 SOW event already  8) )...

im actually wanna bay a track only bike next time...you know no insurance (maybe theft)...no registration...doesnt need to be pretty...goes wicked fast in a relatively safe environment... and just use the GS on the street  :mrgreen: ...

also pablo...abc7 news said itll be sunny hot d' 19,20,21  :cheers: ...dunno if that includes BW

pantablo

stop yer bitchin. both of you. you're making the initial investment. the next trackdays are going to be consumables only, and cost of the trackday. not the other preparation stuff.

once you're done with the trackday you'll be willing to pay 2x that to do it again.

yay! weather looks good at BW.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

JCH

That's it, I'm not loaning you any of my painter's tape!
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

hahaha, I dont even bother with painters tape. I've yet to have "residue" from the duct tape on any of my lights, even when I used to run headlights. There's currently duct tape on my side fairings, ram air covers, rear turn signals, wheel weights....

dont bother with painters tape. the only time its really an issue is the heat of summer. Since your headlights will be unplugged they wont be heating the tape up.

painters tape... :lol:

j/k.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

JCH

Information that would have been useful 4 hours ago BEFORE i went to home depot  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

You use duct tape?  Hrmm.   Well I bought both, and a slew of other things I thought were fun.  Have some ratchet ties on the way.  I'm havin fun ;)   Goin to cycle gear on sat, hopefully i'll knock the rest of my initial investment off the list ;)
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

colored duct tape-remember to be color coordinated. I suggest green with the copper. actually red might look alright. I have red and black duct tape....for obvious reasons.

ratchet ties? is that what you call zip ties? yeah, bring those too. I got them in black and in clear. long ones too.
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

JCH

ratchet tie downs :)

Color coordinated duct tape?   Black would be cool.  Wish I had thought of that.  Silver would prolly be fine on my bike though ;)

I got tons of zip ties.  do you need some?
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

VersOne

QuoteGoin to cycle gear on sat,

you mean you'r not going to the skillzzz day .....TRAITOR!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Versone.

02 CBR 600 F4i
95 GS500 (Sold)
93 ninja 250 (bad rod...damn!)

JCH

Cycle gear is a mile from the irvine amphitheatre you goober
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

poormanracing

you guys go to socalsportbikes skillz day?...thats cool...im waiting for a sunday one though....what happened to their website?

my tag is poormanracing :mrgreen:

JCH

DNS croaked.    Here's another link:

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/index.php

This isnt an scs skillsday per say... its posted on scs, but its a conglomeration of different boards    :)
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

JCH

2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

Quote from: my_celica_is_jealousmy tag is poormanracing :mrgreen:

you're on SCS too? me too...

Jonah, the plug for the headlights should be REALLY accessible, even behind the fairing. you should be able to see a plug on the back of the headlight unit that has a couple wires running to it, and pull it off. No fairing removal necessary. Thats how it SHOULD be anyway...
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

poormanracing

Quote from: pantablo
Quote from: my_celica_is_jealousmy tag is poormanracing :mrgreen:

you're on SCS too? me too...

dont have no sportbike but what the hey  :mrgreen:

also in socalsv too...coz they love their naked bikes!

yup the Purple monster is in full battle mode already..with the centerstand coming off the track...she looks bad  :thumb:

JCH

Quote from: my_celica_is_jealousyup the Purple monster is in full battle mode already.. :thumb:

Nice!   :thumb:  I'm starting to get pretty excited :)
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

JCH

Anyone have a room in their gas can for my gas?   :mrgreen:   I didn't get a chance to make it out to a shop (well I did, but it would have been difficult mounting it on my bike :) )

In other news, got the final confirmation :-D  Brought up a couple questions....

Pablo where do you plan on pitting?  If you don't mind, I'd like to be in the same general area as you are.   I assume same goes for celica (whats your real name dude?)   Also, what time do you plan on leaving / getting there?

I have all the other information I need in a printed packet   :thumb:   Just need to go to the grocery store to pick some stuff up....  anyone want me to pick something up for them? (Save you the trip?)
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

pantablo

a friend has a spaRe (edited for spelling) fuel can. I'll bring it and fill it up when I fill mine up. Bring some cash. I'll fill it up with $20 or less of gas. that should be about one tank full (at $3/ga).

I usually try to pit in the area indicated by red ellipse. west paddock area, park nearest the track but on the grass side (grass between rows of parking.

After you come over the grapevine make sure you do NOT get on the 99fwy. You have to take the off ramp to stay on the 5! I usually stop around there for refuelling and pee break. After the 5/99 split you stay on the 5 for another 30 minutes or so. Cant remember exactly. You pass the town of Buttonwillow, then get off at Lerdo Hwy. Turn left. First driveway on left is entry to buttonwillow (sign is small). pull up and check in (there's a chair and stop sign in the road where you need to stop to sign in. they come out to the car to sign you in and give you a wristband. then continue straight until the bathrooms, then a quick left-right puts you on the front row of the parking area (red ellipse on map). I try to get parking there because the track exit is just before Sunset and the track entry is right around the ellipse too.

I'll probably be getting there around 7:45-8am
remember to bring lunch.

look for this truck:
will also be carrying a blue zx6r
Pablo-
www.pma-architect.com

poormanracing

cool....ill be leaving here at 0530...on a grey tundra...you wont miss the purple monster  :lol: ...i was gonna say id like to pit with you guys too...being a noob and all that... :roll:..

going to the groceries, huh?...well........nah...its cool dude... :cheers:

.....J.R.

JCH

I'm going to leave around 5:30 in a grey f150 :)

Thanks for the info pablo!   I'll have cash for you for the gas... thanks!
2003 SV650S
1980 GS1100L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk