News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

G'day from north central Victoria

Started by pricey, December 27, 2014, 03:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pricey

Hi all,

I'm a late 30's Victorian looking to buy a gs500f. I've had plenty of bikes over the years, most recently a 2008 DR650 with all the fruit. At the birth of our second son last year I sold the DR and swore off bikes. Well it turns out swearing off bikes when they're in your DNA lasts about 11 months  :D

I like the look if the F and worked out years ago that you don't need a huge engine to have a ball on a bike. I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks and everyone send friendly and straight up. Plenty of good info here too.

Looking to buy in the next month or so. Planned first mods will be to upgrade the suspenders but that's about it. Two young boys mean $ are pretty tight.

I'll post pics up as soon as I handover the cash. Looking forward to getting back on two wheels.

Cheers,

Pricey.
Looking for bike number 19 :)

ShowBizWolf

Cool story and welcome to the forum!!  I know we are all looking forward to seeing pics of what ya find and hearing all about it :-D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Joolstacho

Good to hear from you Pricey. I know of a good GS500, asking price is A$1500, it's in Ballarat, I was tempted myself but I've got too many bikes! Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the owner's details.
(I could check it out for you if you like).
How north of central are you? VJMC Ballarat guys are worth hooking up with, but you may be too far north.

-Jools
Beam me up Scottie....

pricey

Jools,

Could definitely be interested in the Ballarat gs. I'm in Alexandra but am happy to travel for the right bike. After reading across the projects thread here for a few weeks an older gs might be fun to tinker with. I'd prefer something close to roadworthy so I could fix it up as I ride.

And thanks for the kind welcome ShowBizWolf. I'll definitely post up some pics of what I buy.

Cheers,

Pricey

Joolstacho

Bummer mate. it's been sold, sorry, (she looked pretty clean too).
Keep looking, something will turn up eh?
-Jools

[attachment deleted by admin]
Beam me up Scottie....

pricey

Thanks anyway Jools. Looked like a nice bike too. I'll keep my eyes open for another.

Cheers,

Pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galaga72

Gday mate,

I'm in Adelaide, and looking at selling my 95 GS500E, approx 37000 km, very good condition.
The upgrades I've done (with much assistance from this forum) are:
rear R6 shock; .85 sonic springs; LED instrument cluster globes; new chain approx 5000 km ago; 90% tyres; new front disc and pads; replaced front foot pegs; heavy duty fork brace; recovered seat.
Looking for $2400.

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]
1995 GS500E
Sonic Springs | R6 shock | Heavy duty fork brace | 89 clipons

yamahonkawazuki

Welcome pricey. Glad to have ya at ze nuthaus. If it were me id get the bike first, ride it a bit to know exactly what youve got, you already know where you want to go ao thats a plus. Just ride her a bit to get your starting point  :thumb:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

pricey

Thanks for the offer of the bike Galaga but I'd prefer to buy a bit closer to home.  Thanks for the offer though.

And I agree yamahonkawazuki. I'll definitely ride fof a bit before I upgrade,  but being familiar with budget suzuki suspenders I know what I'm in for. My DR650 had a ricor rear shock and intiminators which totally transformed the bike on and off road. I'm keen to find out if I can get the 39mm intiminators to fit the gs forks.

Joolstacho

Pricey, do a search on:   Emulators   on this forum. Plenty info.
(I'm still interested in the MikesXS ones which are really good value, but I need to research fit etc.)
Beam me up Scottie....

pricey

Thanks for the info Jools. I personally like the intiminators as there's no drilling of the dampening rod required which makes the mod reversible if required.

I'll do more investigations on other emulators too though.

Cheers,

Pricey

Kiwiinoz

where in VIC are you buddy? Im in traralgon. Always looking for someone to ride with.

pricey

I'm in Alexandra, not far from Lake Eildon.

I ended up buying a Kawasaki 2001 ZX6R. So I'll probably get booted off here now :)
I used to own a 96 ZX6 and it was one of my favourite of all time bikes. I really like the J1 and J2 models from 2000 and 2001 so when this one came up cheap I jumped at it. I should have it on the road in a few weeks but bought it unregistered. 

Kiwiinoz

haha Nice. I really wana a 636 04 ninja haha. Whats hte fishing like on the Lake up there. Might be a ecuse for a ride up your way at some point!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk