News:

The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Finished with arm surgery. And my theme song is this

Hoping to get order for internet placed so when i get out of hosp it will be at home awaiting my arrival.
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

peteGS

All went well I hope Yama? Rest up and recover, you need that arm to post whore!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Lol yup. Its swollen something fierce. But it should be good. Cant wait for net to come back. Gonna place order at 1am and it should be ready time I get home. Anyone jave any jdmi cables they wish to sell? Mine on pc jas ossuea from time to time lol.
Aaro
".
A proud Mormon

yamahonkawazuki

In hosp. Battling to save hand/arm. :technical: got net ordered. At keast something to look fwd to.
Aaron :(
".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Gah no Yama! Thinkin' of ya'! All the best!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

RideShield

When will it stop raining this year?  Hoping for some rays soon
'07 Suzuki GS500F

yamahonkawazuki

".
A proud Mormon

peteGS

Been a bit like that here too, middle of winter rain... hasn't been all that cold yet, just annoying trying to get a decent ride in without damp/slippery roads.

I have to wash the Kat between showers today, still filthy from the recent rain rides.

How goes the arm Yama?

I've been very slack with posting ride pic's and finished Kat pic's also, hopefully I can do something to correct that soon...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

It's a horrible photo but snapped a pic after its bath yesterday, also did the first chain adjustment.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

Cheers CBR! Going to ride it into work for the first time on Friday as a few of the guys are keen for a sticky beak. Supposed to be fine and sunny and it's the last day of school holidays, so in theory the traffic should be pretty light.

Also should be riding Saturday, also supposed to be good weather for it. Might remember to get some decent pic's in natural light for a change too.

Then it'll be first service time as that'll take her a bit over 1000kms.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

1071 kms on the Kat, oil drained yesterday and filter removed, first service has started  :thumb:

I've pulled the oil plug out that I believe is causing my annoying oil leak as well, so tonight will be valve clearance checks and hopefully get the new oil plug in to seal it up properly this time.

Also will check the cylinder head nuts and gives things a general once over to make sure it's all good, then back together in time to enjoy some of this awesome sunny weather we're having at the moment.
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Wow it's quiet in here!

Kat service done, valve clearances all the same as when I put it together and everything else looks good.

Only ridden it to work and back once but it seems there's no oil leak  :thumb:

I scored a new rack and back off Gumtree which is awesome... Hallmark brand which became Ventura and is the same setup so I can remove the rack quickly and easily when it's not in use. The bag is huge and I can fit both my work and gym bags in there with plenty of room to spare.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

'Tis indeed quiet in here!!! Guess I'm winning  :icon_mrgreen: :woohoo: :cheers:

Oil leak on the Kat confirmed fixed... except now I have a new one as the left shock seal let go on our ride yesterday  :technical:

Oh well, Koni's are rebuildable although I did that already back in September 2015. Guess they've been sitting for nearly four years but I've only done about 1200 kms on them...
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

That luggage rack looks great Pete!!! I'd be on more but I can't get on the forum at home :icon_sad:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Bugger that sucks! I guess there's still issues with forum access? Been fine for me after a few days of pain a couple of weeks ago.

Found why my left shock developed the leak, three pits in the stanchion I missed during the rebuild, gotta find a way to sort that out coz the Kat's off the road until it's sorted.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

Oh gosh, those are some terrible pits!

Actually I gave up trying to access the forum at home about a week ago. Haven't checked since, maybe I should give it a fresh try later.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Yeah that don't sound right! Fingers crossed it's sorted for you...

Went up to see a mate last night as he had another pair of Koni's sitting around doing nothing. They need a rebuild and one of the gland nuts is a bit frozen in place, but should be able to get a good pair of shocks out of the four I now have  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

New seals arrived, shock back together and back on the Kat  :thumb:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

mikeg

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on July 21, 2019, 02:51:14 PM
Actually I gave up trying to access the forum at home about a week ago. Haven't checked since, maybe I should give it a fresh try later.

ShowBizWolf,  I posted this link in odds n ends about a week ago, hopefully it helps you too.  It works for both mobile and PC (maybe on a mac too).  Changing DNS settings should get you connected at home again until the DNS issues get sorted for the site.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."— Ernest Hemingway

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk