News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

WHO are you and where are you from?

Started by Jonathan, June 13, 2003, 07:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

18 yr old white guy living in Burlington Ontario Canada.

Done with highschool now ! :)  Going to school to be a pharmacist next fall.

Girlfriend dumped me last december after 7 months together.  Hopefully I'll meet someone in school... maybe one that rides!!

dond6

45 year old Japanese/Italian working for the Marine Corps in Eastern North Carolina
Just when you think you have the answer, they change the question!

ScottWV

No longer riding.  :cry:

The Antibody

Hey, I'm The Antibody. Hello...... I am juggling School at Bloomsburg University and the Army National Guard. I am a 21 year old freshman because the Army insists upon sending me around the world. I am majoring in Business management/Administration. I want to minor in Music. Thats right I was a band geek in High school. "I'm a band geek, beat me up, take my lunch money." I'm single, 5'10", 167lbs., and a looker. I don't have any pics available right now. Soon to come in the wall of fame.

Edit: Boy that is old. I am now 22, a music major, Have a wonderful girlfriend, and am still a looker.

-Anti
Once the President of Coolness, always the President of Coolness.

"Just try not to screw it up!"

Zarathustra

werd werd!  i'm the mad phat chick killa Zara.  20 years old, and male (though soon to be 21 on august 3rd!)  i live in minneapolis and go to the university of minnesota.  i'm majoring in philosophy and history, but taking up bike tech on the side.  no girlfriend, i'm going to say it's by choice, but that's a highly debatable field.  in my defense, every girl i meet sucks, so all you guys with cool girlfriends, you're lucky.  i've got a couple picks of my bike up on geocities, but none of myself.  but yeah, that's me, SWEET!
"Words only come when everything is over, when things have calmed down. They refer only to memory, and are either powerless or untruthful."
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

The Buddha

Injun here too, Lived in US since 92, lived in all 4 corners of mainland US nearly and nowhere else, lived in canada, for a year (98-99). New father of a 5 month old man, do software for a living and fixes stuff for fun...Nothing of mine ever gets sent to a shop...Currently living in Charlotte NC...
Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

tiedyeguy

Lets see, 41 year old railroad engineer from long beach, ca.  Liberal pinko, gulf war vet, ex harley junkie who discovered sport riding late in life, 12 year old in a 41 year old body...and yes, single (well divorced for 10 years), can you believe it?
Hippies don't ever die, they simply burn out.

Fly Nena

Howdy all!      I'm Rebecca in Seattle, I have pics both of myself and of my bikes in the galleries, I have two GS500's, a '93 & a '94. I'd ridden on the back all my life and these are my first bikes. I am a 34 yr old single mom. I'm spastically enthusiastic about riding.
I'm a Spanish interpreter, music freak, vegetarian.
I have already made one really cool friend, live and in person, from this site and we ride together frequently. We're even planning on doing an endurance ride together this summer (Hi Ron  :lol:  if you read this post!) and using the GStwin name for our team.  I LOVE seeing other women out there on bikes and I love making friends both cyber and in real life.
You old hand guys have been very kind and helpful, thank you. Welcome all new folks! This is a fantastic site.     -Becca
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult.
Charlotte Whitton

AR5ENAL

Hm....I'm Arsenal (nickname)...25...just finished my 2nd year of grad school at UCSC in Linguistics...I also work at SRI in the Bay Area doing research with the Artificial Intelligence Center...6'4", 175 lbs, no pics....but don't worry, I'm pretty ugly.  No girlfriend at the moment, but truthfully, I'm not looking for one.
They couldn't keep Death out, but while she was in she had to act like a lady.

-Joseph Heller (Catch-22)

JeffD

Well,  Im Jeffrey D. 20yrs old.  Just got my A.A. in Engineering from a Comm. college in Bradenton Fl.  Just started summer classes on my double major for a B.S.Electrical Engineering, and a B.S.Mechanical Engineering (I know Im crazy)  anyway been engaged since Febuary But we both said we are going to wait till after college to get married (3more years).  I've been riding since october '02 and haven't had any bad spills YET, and dont hope on having any.    Pic to the left or I have some on Http://electrovw.tripod.com  those are like 2 years old so...  I think I've lost ~20lbs since then. around 235lbs and 6'2". Big Norwegian dude.  ;)
The world does revolve around us, we pick the coordinate system. -engineers

scratch

I'm currently 35 yrs young.  Been riding 17 yrs.  Half German, 1/16 Hopi Indian (indiginous to the San Jose valley), and the rest is American male.  Weighing in at a buck twenty-five, with a fast metabolism, I'm looking to increase my size to 135, but still maintain my waist.  Formerly a motorcycle salesman, mechanic and roadracer and submariner.  Currently working as a warehouse supervisor at an electronics company.  Married.
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

JBix

First off, congrats on finishing the AA, Jeff.

I'm Joel (JBix)... I am from California, Riverside area, but, courtesy of Uncle Sam, I'm on a vacation to Iraq - Army Reserve.  I was going to Kaplan College, working on a BS in Computer Science/Engineering.  Before having the GS, I wasn't very mechanincally inclined, but I am picking it up now, or will be when I get home.  There are just some things I just can't do at home.  Yet.  A trip to a Craftsman or Snap-on dealer will solve that problem.  But, I will be betraying you all when I get home... I will be buying a 600cc sportbike.  I am going to keep the GS, may eventually make it a race bike.  I have a litttle over a year under my belt right now, but I will get used to riding again, then make the purchase.  Looking at CBR600RR, but I will have to shop around.  May think about SVS.  We'll See...

Bix

PS No pics on the board, and can't fix that from here.
-If you push the limits, you will find them; if you find the limits, you will push them-

Bix

Visit my site and pay honor to SGT Gregory A Belanger for his sacrifice. We love you Bellie!
Updated site.  Motorcycle Page is coming together.

JBix

PPS, White boy, lived in CA whole life.  Visited, but never lived in other states.  I like having riding weather all year!   :P  Was engaged, she was unfaithful and broke it off.
-If you push the limits, you will find them; if you find the limits, you will push them-

Bix

Visit my site and pay honor to SGT Gregory A Belanger for his sacrifice. We love you Bellie!
Updated site.  Motorcycle Page is coming together.

juggernaught

I'm Dave (aka Juggernaught) I'm 37 and of Puerto Rican descent (but born in Da' Bronx) and work as a physical therapist at a brain injury unit at a hospital in Manhattan.  My girlfriend is an physician (of Russian/Jewish descent.....dontch' love this country..???   :kiss: ) and works out of hospital affiliated low income clinic in the Lower East Side.  We met in an emergency room (Sigh...) I enjoy all types of music (mostly rock...but all types) and i believe that anything can be fried...and if not fried...grilled..and if not grilled then i can't eat it.  I also enjoy political discourse, fighting for the underdog and for truth and justice.  And i hate mean people.  So beware.  Pictured are myself...and my ride

"Champagne for my real friends, Real pain for my sham friends" - Edward Norton -The 25th. Hour  Ducati Monster 620 Dark in a sexy silver, Michelin Pilots, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Remus Titanium exhaust system, Givi Airstream windscreen.

Sue Zuki

Hi, my name is Silvia. My nickname is Sue Zuki....wonder why...
I live in the Netherlands. I'm 42 years old and ride a fully faired Suzuki GS500E slingshot of 1991.
A couple of weeks ago I fell making a turn, using the frontbrakes. How stupid could you be...Learnt my lesson as my fairing is all broken now..
Today I picked up a used one of 2001. The colour ain't the same, but we will see what we will do...Haven't decided yet...
I made a website of my own when I just got my license about one year ago...Just to make new bikerfriends...Still keep it up to date informing my friends about ride outs and new things....
If you'd like to check it out...it's at  http://www.suezuki.50megs.com
Also have a site with links at
http://www.suezuki.eigenstart.nl   I'd love you guys 'n dolls... to sign my guestbook (gastenboek) That would be very nice...
See y'all

Black Snowman

I'm Burt, 29 year old male living in Kansas City, KS. Single, no kids. I like to tinker with stuff and I commute to work on the GS whenever weather permits.

I have my bike, a daily driver and an old POS Trans Am to fight with. I can usually keep two of them running at a time ;) The TA currently needs new engine mounts.

Other hobbies include computer gaming, firearms, playing bass guitar, and animation (watching, not generally making).
Laws don't stop criminals. People do.

Rashad

Hi all, another indian here (hehe srinath/good guy us indians gotta stick together)

My name is Rashad Frelin.. born in Ann arbor michigan.. but all of my chlidhood and adult life has been spent in Williamsport, PA. Im 21 years old, single and loving it... maybe looking, but more importantly focused on my business goals (internet based) and in changing other peoples lives for the better, as that is true success in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and i FIRMLY believe that this is ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Hows that for controversy...

my pic is below... im uhhhhh im a little umm... ok IM PLASTERED.

Dont make fun of me :nana:  ohhhh.. and i hope this pic doesnt turn out huge, but if it does, sorry :mrgreen:

Edited:

Resized and reloaded elsewhere. GeekMod.
91' Teal GS500E

Vance and Hines Full system/ Custom Jetted/ K&N Clamp on pods/ Rebuilt 99' Motor/ EBC Pads/ 15 tooth front sprocket/ Avon tires/ Progressive Springs...

pantablo

resize that damn picture! jeez...

Pablo, born in Argentina, raised in L.A. since I was 5, 35 years old, married 7+ years, 11 month old boy (Hugo). Licensed Architect. Bicycle racer (road racing-like lance). Post Whore.

gs500 first bike-since November of last year but have wanted to ride for 15 years.
Pablo-
http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
www.pma-architect.com

Quote from: makenzie71 on August 21, 2006, 09:47:40 PM...not like normal sex, either...like sex with chicks.

scar_ace

Jeeze Rash you giant! Ok hello everyone who's never seen me before, I'm Simon 17 from London England, and mixed chinese/english/irish. I don't really post too much due to my lack of informative knowledge, but let it be known I read almost every post, culling all useful info. and increasing my knowledge of bikes.(Don't we all?:nana:) The GS2002 in Blue, being my first! Due to european law etc. and me being only 17, I'm restricted to 25kW for 2 years, better this way 'cos I probably would of killed myself anyways! Three mods under my belt, all cosmetic, but plenty more to come. Apart from the GS, the only other ride I had was a 50cc Italjet scooter which I loved, and equally trashed to it's poor demise.
 Studying Alevels in physics, psychology, info. com. tech. and maths. Hopefully I want to go and study a Masters in either Electrical or Mechanical engineering, giving there isn't a saturation point within a few years.
Here attached is a pic of me, my bike and me new textile furygan jacket, enjoy(common agreement states it's "cool" not to smile):

Thanks Simon
1st is first, 2nd is nothing

Rashad

Quote from: pantabloresize that damn picture! jeez...

Pablo, born in Argentina, raised in L.A. since I was 5, 35 years old, married 7+ years, 11 month old boy (Hugo). Licensed Architect. Bicycle racer (road racing-like lance). Post Whore.

gs500 first bike-since November of last year but have wanted to ride for 15 years.

Sorry pablo, that pic is off my friends website, and since i cant upload an image here :roll:  its the best i could do. :oops:
91' Teal GS500E

Vance and Hines Full system/ Custom Jetted/ K&N Clamp on pods/ Rebuilt 99' Motor/ EBC Pads/ 15 tooth front sprocket/ Avon tires/ Progressive Springs...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk