Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

want to lower my bike

Started by vampris3585, August 26, 2013, 05:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshr08

Quote from: vampris3585 on September 03, 2013, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: joshr08 on August 27, 2013, 04:22:11 PM
Just a little tip for the OP.  If your going to ask for help take the words or leave them but don't keep coming back with reasons why what they say is wrong or what not.  This isn't the first thread I have seen of yours that your pretty much a jackass to most everyone that is trying to help you.  Just remember you are the one asking for the help.  If you know everything already then stop asking questions and start answering them.

ummmm if someone was smart and realize i am not trying to lower it to the point that i have to place everything if you realize that or not. the more u lower the bike the more stuff u have to buy to change things out and also can cost trouble by lowering it to much . i am already running the problem of i could die by right a bike and i don't need anything else that can add on to that. lower it 2" got to bring the handle bars up have to change out the kick stand and may have to remove the center kick stand (if i may say i love the center kick stand and i would like to keep it) i am not trying to be rude and i am not even say no to  people help. if u don't like that i said the truth that i don't have that money or i am looking for this inch only nothing more then that then u r no help. i am not trying to spend more money then i have to. to get the bike to run the way i want to. i am just asking between the cheapest place to get them and run those size.

Here is a free way to lower your bike jackass.  Let the air out of the tires.  As for using the center stand if you lower it good luck.  If you cant lift the bike from a drop you sure as hell wont be using the center stand if you lower it at all.  Maybe get a spree or a vespa.   :thumb:
05 GS500F
mods
k&n air filter,pro grip gel grips,removed grab handle,pro grip carbin fiber tank pad,14/45 sprockets RK X-oring Chain, Kat rear shock swap and Kat rear wheel swap 160/60-17 Shinko raven rear 120/60-17 front matching set polished and painted rims

DrtRydr23

Quote from: vampris3585 on September 03, 2013, 04:17:06 PM
Quote from: joshr08 on August 27, 2013, 04:22:11 PM
Just a little tip for the OP.  If your going to ask for help take the words or leave them but don't keep coming back with reasons why what they say is wrong or what not.  This isn't the first thread I have seen of yours that your pretty much a jackass to most everyone that is trying to help you.  Just remember you are the one asking for the help.  If you know everything already then stop asking questions and start answering them.

ummmm if someone was smart and realize i am not trying to lower it to the point that i have to place everything if you realize that or not. the more u lower the bike the more stuff u have to buy to change things out and also can cost trouble by lowering it to much . i am already running the problem of i could die by right a bike and i don't need anything else that can add on to that. lower it 2" got to bring the handle bars up have to change out the kick stand and may have to remove the center kick stand (if i may say i love the center kick stand and i would like to keep it) i am not trying to be rude and i am not even say no to  people help. if u don't like that i said the truth that i don't have that money or i am looking for this inch only nothing more then that then u r no help. i am not trying to spend more money then i have to. to get the bike to run the way i want to. i am just asking between the cheapest place to get them and run those size.

I was hoping that your posts were coming off a little rude because of a possible language barrier issue or something.  Based on the grammatical errors and rough use of the English language in your posts, it seemed like maybe you just aren't adept at expressing yourself concisely in English while typing.  However, in this post your attitude seems pretty clear.  You state that you don't want to be rude, but make comments about people's intelligence and question their intentions when offering you advice.  It doesn't come off well and people are less likely to help you in the future when you respond in that way.

Good luck.
1997 GS 500E, Black:  Fenderectomy, Superbike bars, progressive springs, Cobra F1R slipon, short stalk turn signals. - SOLD

2008 SV650, Blue, K&N in airbox, otherwise stock

rexpepper651

sell me your gs and get a yamaha vstar 650. rides only 3 or 4 inches off the ground.

SAFE-T

Quote from: joshr08 on September 05, 2013, 03:55:52 PMIf you can't lift the bike from a drop you sure as hell won't be using the center stand if you lower it.

Lowering the bike changes the angle of the centrestand to the ground, and makes it a lot harder to put on the stand. We lowered a 2007 GS500F 1.5" and I could just barely get the thing onto the stand by myself, and my foot slipped off once and the bike almost fell over onto another bike.

If you lower the bike and you want to put it on the centrestand, it's best to get someone to help.

SAFE-T

Quote from: DrtRydr23 on September 05, 2013, 04:52:16 PMBased on the grammatical errors and rough use of the English language in your posts, it seemed like maybe you just aren't adept at expressing yourself concisely in English while typing.  However, in this post your attitude seems pretty clear.  You state that you don't want to be rude, but make comments about people's intelligence and question their intentions when offering you advice. 

I have to agree here. Everyone seems a little snippy on the internet sometimes, but no one appreciates being called "not smart" when they are just trying to give you decent advice.   

weedahoe

Let's just back away from the table everyone, take a deep breath and come back being nice and try to help.
K&N Lunchbox
20/62.5/142.5
chromed pegs
R6 shock
89 aluminum knuckle
Lowering links
Bar mirrors w/LEDs
rear LED turns
89 clip ons
Dual Yoshi TRS
Gauge/Indicator LEDs
T- Rex sliders
HID retrofit
GSXR rear sets
Zero Gravity screen
Chrome Katana rims
Bandit hugger
Custom paint
Sonic springs

Zmerica19

Quote from: weedahoe on September 06, 2013, 08:04:28 AM
Let's just back away from the table everyone, take a deep breath and come back being nice and try to help.

good idea! let the OP take some time to take everyones advice, logically figure out what he would like to do because we have pointed out key points if he lowers it. and if he decides to nicely respond with his ideas we can continue to help him, because i know everyone on here is kind hearted. some just have thicker skins to break through

gsJack

Why do you all keep calling the OP he?  Don't you believe her?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
407,400 miles in 30 years for 13,580 miles/year average.  Started riding 7/21/84 and hung up helmet 8/31/14.

Janx101

Well well.... Could be ghost info they put in .... ? ...   :dunno_black:

Zmerica19

Quote from: gsJack on September 06, 2013, 08:48:19 PM
Why do you all keep calling the OP he?  Don't you believe her?

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

guess we dont look at peoples info either a) dont care or b)from the dickish comments we would have assumed it was a guy

vampris3585

or y'all can stop y'all useless comment because i finally got what i want. also i am not here to please no one. don't like the way i type oh well suck it up and get over it. my question has already been answer. i don't want to run into more problem that will cost more money out of my pocket because i still have to take my class.

ron freeman

A Georgia gal. God Blesz Southern women.
I just lowered my 08GS 2" in the rear, 1.5" in the front. It cost less that $150 but i did all the labor myself. It actually rides better but the side kick stand does function so well anymore and you have to be very careful where and how you park it. But it looks aggresive and i just like it.
And by the way I'm from NC. Ride strong and have fun. The GS500 is a good bike.

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

Zookmang

dunno! some ratty women out there cods!  :icon_lol:

Joolstacho

Quote from: vampris3585 on September 07, 2013, 03:48:38 PM
or y'all can stop y'all useless comment because i finally got what i want. also i am not here to please no one. don't like the way i type oh well suck it up and get over it. my question has already been answer. i don't want to run into more problem that will cost more money out of my pocket because i still have to take my class.

Dickhead.
Beam me up Scottie....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk