News:

Protect your dainty digits. Get a good pair of riding gloves cheap Right Here

Main Menu

Add-on for the wiki , Woodcraft Rearset Kit for Gs500

Started by GeorgesNjr, July 08, 2008, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgesNjr

I searched and i don´t found any information about the Rearset stuff on the forum  :laugh:

anyone here got an Woodcraft Motorsports - Rearset Kit for gs500 ?
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Woodcraft_Motorsports_Rearset_Kit_Suzuki_GS500--606569.html

sugestion for Add on the Wiki -> http://cgi.stanford.edu/~sanjayd/gs500/Main/Upgrades ,
add information such pictures good things and bad things , it´s compatible Gs500E 2008 and gs500F 2008

Georges :)
i hate deep Murphy laws , even more when it´s happen to me

Tang

love hows those look and been wondering my self if anyone has thme yet?
1997 GS500E

dgyver

I had them on my 555 race bike. Converted the shifter to a linkage type so I could run GP shift.
These are my favorite brand, had them on several other bikes. Extremely durable.
Common sense in not very common.

Tang

so what do u just take the old ones off and bolt the woodcrafts on?
1997 GS500E

dgyver

Quote from: Tang on July 08, 2008, 09:19:11 PM
so what do u just take the old ones off and bolt the woodcrafts on?

Yep.

A problem with using the stock shifter is that you are moving the peg up and back, making it a little more effort to shift. Another reason I switched to a linkage shifter.

fred

Tang

what is a linkage shifter

i'm guessing this?

1997 GS500E

rylon

I have a set as well, and really like them.  I don't have the linkage style shifter, just a longer shifter that works ok.  The only other issue is with the rear break light switch thing, there is no place to mount it.

Rylon

dgyver

dgyver

Quote from: rylon on July 09, 2008, 04:15:18 AM
I have a set as well, and really like them.  I don't have the linkage style shifter, just a longer shifter that works ok.  The only other issue is with the rear break light switch thing, there is no place to mount it.

Rylon

Use a pressure switch. It replaces the banjo bolt on the master cylinder. Simple install and works like a charm. I used them on my last 2 street bikes with the adjustable rearsets I made.

Tang

Quote from: dgyver on July 09, 2008, 05:01:50 AM
Quote from: Tang on July 08, 2008, 10:40:04 PM
what is a linkage shifter

i'm guessing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/dudegetasony/91GS500sprocketcover01.jpg

Yep. Actually that is a pic of my old race bike.

yeah lol i was searchin old post and came onto ur old race bike picture :-D what kind of shifter did u use? like from what or is there one made for the GS500

do u have any pictures of ur adjustatble rearsets that u made?

and if so are u plan on making any more?  :icon_mrgreen:
1997 GS500E

utgunslinger13

WOW!  When this post came up I went and looked at the link and kept trying to picture where that would bolt on!  Now that I see a picture of it mounted I can see I absolutely MUST HAVE THESE!  Couple questions though:

1.) 200 is a bit steep, are there any other rear sets from other bikes that will mount up?
2.) anyone have any ideas on what to do not to use the shift linkage? Just extend the stock shifter, or is it long enough to still catch with your toe?  Any pics of the stock shifter with the new rearsets?
3.) anyone have a picture of someone sitting on the bike with foot on the rear set?  I'm curious as to the riding position?

Thank you!  Leave it to random searching on the board before work to cause me to plan spending another 200 dollars!

Nick
Check out my current project build:

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=41982.0

dgyver

Quote from: Tang on July 09, 2008, 05:39:23 AM

yeah lol i was searchin old post and came onto ur old race bike picture :-D what kind of shifter did u use? like from what or is there one made for the GS500

do u have any pictures of ur adjustatble rearsets that u made?

and if so are u plan on making any more?  :icon_mrgreen:

I used a shift pedal for a GSXR (SV & TL are the same). The knuckle was from a GSXR, SV or TL (basically all the same). The peg (GSXR) had to be changed to accomodate the shift pedal. The peg is the pivot point for the pedal. The rearset plate had to be notched for the 2 index tabs on the peg, easy with a Dremel.

The stock shift can be extended, cut and welded with adding some material. I do not like the extra distance required to shift with this setup.

I have a set of my adjustables on my 97 that I just sold and recently made a new set for my 92 out of 1/2" instead of the 1/4" that I had been using. There was a clearance concern with my setup of the RGV s/a and the pressure switch that required the change.

Here is the rearset from the 97. My 92 has a slightly different design, but basically the same. I have not taken pics yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/dgyver/97GS/97GSrightrearset02.jpg

I had thought about making some for sale. With the cost of the hardware (pedals, linkage, pegs, pressure switch, mini-reservoir, bolts) and material, they would still be in the $200 range. I may eventually when I get around to clearing out a bunch of my stuff.

Tang

so any gsxr rearset will work?

and i finally picked up a dremel tool like the other day man i can't believe how'd i'd live with out lol
1997 GS500E

dgyver

Tang

what years are a close fit to the GS500 rearset holes

i'm a noob
1997 GS500E

GeorgesNjr

hey dgyver  , thanks per the feedback

woodcraft quality are comparable to Rizoma and Gilles Tooling? 

dgyver

Quote from: GeorgesNjr on July 09, 2008, 11:23:13 AM
hey dgyver  , thanks per the feedback

woodcraft quality are comparable to Rizoma and Gilles Tooling? 

They do not have the "bling" factor that they do. Quality is excellent.

GeorgesNjr

nice know :)

will be first thing i will change on my gs , i don´t liked the pedals  :icon_mrgreen:

ben2go

Quote from: Tang on July 09, 2008, 08:45:27 AM
what years are a close fit to the GS500 rearset holes

i'm a noob

Check Pablo's website.Also Honda RC51 stock rearsets work with slight mods.Must use RC linkage shift.
PICS are GONE never TO return.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk