News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

FS: Modified 1996 GS500

Started by seamax, February 06, 2019, 04:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seamax

Hi everybody, it has been so long since I've been here.

I haven't ridden her in the last 3 years and went to do a carb cleaning and lost interest.
So that's a sign she needs to go to someone who can give her some TLC and ride her.
And I want her to go to an enthusiast just like me when I join this board.

1996 GS500
-Bandit rear wheel swap
-custom under frame side exhaust
-Brazilian fairing with floating seat
-frame integrated LED stop and turn signal
-Cadillac seat tail lights
-pod air filters
-clip on bars
-Vortex gas cap
-custom stretch swingarm (6" longer)
-custom dogbones w/ R6 rear shock
-F3 rearsets and pegs
-15T front sprocket, 36T rear sprocket(?)
-AGM battery connected to battery tender prong
-sprayed canned flat black and waxed
-wider tires front and back
-extended kick stand

And prob a lot of other things...

I'm located in Beaverton, Oregon (Portland). She will need to be hauled away since I did not put the carbs back. Besides she will need a fresh tank of gas anyways. I'm sad to let her go but don't have heart to part her out.

First $1000 takes her home.

PM or shoot me an email at huytong@hotmail.com if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions.

Before

After

cbrfxr67

The champ returns!  I always wondered what happd with that beautiful creation :bowdown:  I swear I'd come get this right now if I lived closer to you.  That bike was inspiration for me over and over! :mad:  At least it still exists!  This bike is a legend!  Kills me I'm not closer.  Agony!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Bluesmudge

I agree, this bike is a legend. It inspired a lot of the original modifications I did 10 years ago. Teenage version of myself would kill me for not snatching this up. I'm local and I can afford it but a little short on garage space and time to ride. Plus I already have a GS500. I'll have to think about it.
How loud is that exhaust? Did it run well when the carbs were clean?

seamax

Thank you. She runs perfectly. I was going to clean and rejet but I'm just so busy and don't have time to ride anymore.
Essentially she just needs new fluids (gas, I changed the oil when I put her in storage, brake) and a carb cleaning. Cosmetically she needs to be touch up here and there. You have to remember I built her on a budget so she was rattled canned flat black, sanded and then waxed. So all you need to do is rattle can her again unless you want to really paint her.

The exhaust purrrs and rumbles just right. So light and nimble and just the right amount of speed and power.

I can part and make more money then what I'm selling her for but I want an enthusiast to have her.

cbrfxr67

want!  trying to figure out how to do this,....thanks for the email correspondence!  :woohoo: 
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

seamax

Quote from: cbrfxr67 on February 22, 2019, 09:38:11 AM
want!  trying to figure out how to do this,....thanks for the email correspondence!  :woohoo:

Sold! She's yours! Just waiting for you to pick her up.  :cheers:

Jim Knopf

Servus,

Congratulation cbrfxr67   :thumb: :thumb:

cbrfxr67

-buddha

ShowBizWolf

I am excited for you too!!!! I look forward to more pics of that beauty :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk