News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

GS500E Time Traveller

Started by RES71, September 11, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RES71

Hello!

I have been doing searches and lurking it up here the last few days, so I thought I would introduce myself.

I bought a GS500E back in 1993, but had to get rid of it by the summer of 1995 when I got married and moved to Texas.  Fast forward to this year, and I realized how much I missed it.  So I would check Ebay every few weeks, just to see if one showed up near me.  And one did!

I went from Metro Detroit to Cleveland on Saturday and picked up a nice gently used 1993 GS500E.

It starts but dies when you rev over idle, and he said it likely needed a fresh carb cleaning.  So I dropped it to a Suzuki shop on my way home (trailering it), and having them go over the whole bike to get it 100% road worthy.

Anyways!  I will be around here a lot while I get up to speed.

Thanks for the excellent site!

--Rich

yamahonkawazuki

welcome aboard. these  things are addictive Eh?
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

ShowBizWolf

Welcome to the site RES71! Awesome story and congrats on finding another '93 GS :cheers: Also, be sure to share pics! :D
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

yamahonkawazuki

absolutely pics  are a must.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

RES71

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and I promise, pics!

I hope to have it back from the shop within a week.

cbrfxr67

Welcome!  Can't wait to see some pics!
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

yamahonkawazuki

If you have an issue with pics, find a host such as perhaps tinypic pm me the link.
Aaron
".
A proud Mormon

RES71

I have the bike in working order!

Pictures:  (trying to share with dropbox, will fix it it's not as simple as that)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ephdayrr40wo5mv/AAAdbTg7i_5MI6uima-SXamOa?dl=0

Video:

https://youtu.be/AvapxZ1rXFA

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Kenner

Welcome to the forum and your return to riding. It's funny how we tend to want back the cars and/or bikes we used to have. I regret ever selling my 1988 Honda NX250. I bought a DRZ400 that was a hoot to ride, but I miss the good times I had on my first bike. I paid $1200 for it when I was 15 (in 1996). It took almost all the money I had saved mowing laws for 2 summers but it was totally worth it.

I watch the video, the bike looks real nice and sounds smooth. Enjoy your rides.

Ken

Bluesmudge

Here are some of the photos for those too lazy to click on the link. Hopefully dropbox doesn't frequently change the image address or anything funny like that.

And the video:

cbrfxr67

-buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk