News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

All Weather USB Outlet - STILL AVAILABLE!

Started by pronator, February 25, 2011, 12:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tt_four

Quote from: bkrtim on April 03, 2011, 07:31:22 PM
So what you are saying is when I wire an SAE plug to the USB port, I need to do it black/red and red/black in order for it to work?

Not necessarily, it could be either. SAE plugs come wired up both ways since they're made to be plugged into each other. It's a 50/50 chance the wires will line up correctly, so before you do any work just plug in the SAE plug to your bike, hook up the usb port to a cell phone or whatever else you're going to use with it, and touch the wires together both ways and see which works.

If you cut up a spare battery tender cable like I did, it'll need wired backwards....

If you buy one of these from somewhere like advanced auto/pepboys...

You can see that both plugs are wired opposite of each other. One is wired correctly and the other is wired backwards since the red on one end goes to the male end and the red on the other plug goes to the female end.

bkrtim

I wired both my bikes this morning. The first was red/red and black/black (Luck of the draw), and I stupidly did the other one the same way. Of course the 2nd didn't work, but it was an easy fix to swap the wires around. Now both bikes are wired for sound! Thanks a million!
2009 SV650s
2000 GS500e

rock_rebel

Cool gadget, but unfortunately my phone has a micro USB connector. They keep changing the damn technologies faster than you can make toast.

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: rock_rebel on April 07, 2011, 06:09:39 PM
Cool gadget, but unfortunately my phone has a micro USB connector. They keep changing the damn technologies faster than you can make toast.
adapters my friend. usb to micro. my lg has a usb cord to micro built into charger. when i want usb power, i disconnect cord from charger plug. and plug usb end into pc. BTW these can be wired into autos aswell
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

tt_four

You just need something like this... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/10622/ITEM/HJC-FS-10-Solid-Helmet.aspx the USB ports she's selling are the female end, you need a plug to go into it no mater what you're hooking up to it. Just type in your phone name and "USB" into ebay and it'll find a cable for you. I bought one on ebay for my phone and gps both for about $2 each.

pronator

^^^^ Yeah, what he said. :)

I have a Samsung Convoy and it came with a USB charging and data transfer cable.  But if I just wanted to buy a spare, it's costs less than $3 shipped, like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Data-Cable-Samsung-Mantra-M340-Convoy-U640-U440-/140359659870?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20ae16715e

Plug and play from there.  :cheers:

pronator

First package down under:

Mart3y, your cables are on their way. Thanks! :cheers:

Mart3y

Quote from: pronator on April 12, 2011, 03:52:34 PM
First package down under:

Mart3y, your cables are on their way. Thanks! :cheers:

They arrived today, i'll be fitting mine on the weekend hopefully  :D

Fairly quick postage considering the 5 day weekend we just had  :thumb:

Cheers,
-Mart3y
2002 GS500

pronator

Quote from: Mart3y on April 27, 2011, 12:04:28 AM
They arrived today, i'll be fitting mine on the weekend hopefully  :D

Fairly quick postage considering the 5 day weekend we just had  :thumb:

Cheers,
-Mart3y

Glad to hear it arrived safely and with some speed! Don't forget to post up some installation pics this weekend.  O0

pronator

pronator

Yes, I still have these for sale if anyone's interested.

$14 each

$5 shipping - flat fee for up to 10 chargers!

Email me if you're interested: pronator@gmail.com

:cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk