News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

peteGS

It's getting there... lost a heap of time yesterday after discovering the back wall has a nice big bow in it. Of course we secured the corner cabinet first and had to redo it all... ended up using the centre cabinet as the reference and worked back in to the corner.

The big question will be how the benchtop and splashback works with that. I guess we'll find out in a few days how that will work out.

I really thought we'd have the cabinet where the sink will go sorted out yesterday but didn't make it that far. The pantry is in though, did I say it's huge?

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

yamahonkawazuki

Appears youll have some storage on top if you run out?
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Bluesmudge

You are making quick work of the kitchen! I'm impressed because it took me like 3 years of messing around in my limited spare time to get mine done.

peteGS

Haha starting to slow down a bit now... reached the end of the cabinets I'd pre-assembled. I skipped a night of pre-assembling the night before last and I should've done more, didn't realise quite how much time that was saving!

I should've started pre-assembling the back wall cabinets last night as that's going to be the tricky wall, but I finished a couple of cabinets for the right wall instead. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...  :embarassed:

Doesn't look like we did a whole bunch yesterday but assembly of the cabinets for the oven tower took some time as did locating the water pipes and drain for the sink in the cabinet under the window.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Day six... all cabinets done and installed (except one by the back door which needs to wait until we test fit benchtops) and even got the little benchtop in where the coffee machine sits beside the oven tower.

Day off today then back into it tomorrow  :thumb:

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

Janx101

That moment when you try on your riding jeans after 5 years...... gnnnnnnnnhhhhhh!! ... ok they "fit" ...but dang!! ... won't be needing a belt to hold them up above my hips!!!

.... bloody material must have shrunk with age!! .... which is not a issue I am having physically!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Janx101

Looks like great progress on your cabinets Pete!... masses of storage !

Keep it up!

Haven't checked transport costs  on engine yet... it's on the shorter list tho!

Janx101

A successful and enjoyable first ride this evening... 60km or so around local area with a mate on his bmw gs1200

... only took about 20 intersections to remember that.... if you push the indicator button... it cancels!.... mate was laughing his ass off watching me go left blinker... right left right feck!!!

Felt  like I hadn't been away for 5 years tho.... right back Into the groove!... wasn't going for speed or cornering records... just cruising and loving it!....

Note to self.... casual inattention to the Speedo is ...... problematic!.... didn't feel like 80k in a 60k zone !.
. Didn't get busted but nearly blew a speed camera!... was enjoying rolling along too much!...

... throttle hand is a bit sore tho... wasn't doing the death grip... it's my problem wrist.... gotta dig that palm rest throttle thingy out from wherever I stashed it!

peteGS

Wahooo!!!  :woohoo:

Awesome Janxy, glad to hear you've had your first ride back!! Fantastic feeling ain't it?

Definitely keep an eye on that speedo... we had one of the Kat guys join us a year or so ago for his first ride out on his just completed Kat, and he got a nice little piece of paper handed to him on his way back down Mt Mee after brekky  :hithead:

I hate that feeling when you're not sure if you were over or not and have to wait a couple of weeks to know if you're in the clear or not...  :angeldevil:

No probs on the transports costs, I'm in no rush at all.

I got out for a quick ride yesterday morning to get away from the kitchen for a bit and had a very nice 1982 Ducati 900 Supersport park beside me while I was having a coffee.

Then back home and got the benchtops done.

Today is sink and cooktop cutout day... fingers crossed there's enough time for drain and tap plumbing as well, will be nice to have a functioning sink in the kitchen again!
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

I sure have been enjoying all the pics!!! That Ducati really is neat looking!!

Janx I love your posts... they always make me smile  :kiss3:

Pete what is the black thing on the clock, is that a kitty??
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

I was slack and didn't get a pic yesterday... sink is installed and plumbed in though (hate that job!) and cooktop cut out is done but it's not installed yet.

Yep, that sure is a kitty on the clock! It's front paw is a pendulum so it looks like it's permanently washing its face too  :)
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

That is fantastic!!!! I need oneeeeee :D

Pic of Smudge in my kitchen :kiss3:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

peteGS

Hahahaha what a cutey! Having a nice little pose on the bench there  :D
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

There is light at the end of the tunnel! And no I don't believe it's a train coming the other way  :icon_lol:

Splashbacks are finally up... what a time consuming job that was! Turns out cutting 2440mm x 1220mm acrylic sheets neatly, squarely, and avoiding chipping out the front etc. is a tricky job. So glad that's done!

The gas fitter and electrician were in yesterday also so we have a functional kitchen at last.

Now it's just the finishing jobs like doors, handles, kickboards, and some other odds and ends to be done.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

ShowBizWolf

That is beautiful!!!! I'm more of an old-fashioned/retro gal but that really does look clean and nice!

peteGS

Cheers Showbiz!! We're pretty happy with how it's turning out, and I love the splashback colour! It reminds me a lot of the stock Katana 13L silver which is a big bonus  :D

I think I might have to bring a side cover up from the Kat to compare... it would be awesome if we ended up with a Katana Kitchen  :icon_mrgreen:

Speaking of Katana's... we had our regular Saturday morning ride yesterday.

It was bit cloudy but we could still see all the way back to Brisbane with the naked eye, although it doesn't show up in the photo.

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

Well, both bikes off the road now  :hithead: :technical:

When I parked the 450 before my time off, I noticed the left shock was leaking, and I have one spare seal from sorting the left Kat shock out so I need to rebuild that this week before going back to work on Monday.

However, when I walked into the garage yesterday I noticed a pool of shock oil under the right shock on the Kat this time. Glad it wasn't all over the rear tyre like when the left shock started leaking!

I bit the bullet and ordered an inexpensive set of nitrogen/air charged shocks that have been recommended to me for the Kat, so hopefully both bikes back on the road this week. I'm not rebuilding the Koni's again (at least not now anyway).

So much for saving for the Kat head rebuild...  :dunno_black:
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

peteGS

So the cause of the 450's leaking shock? I don't wash it... crunchy road grime all around the seal has buggered it so lesson learnt... wash your bikes regularly!!

Kitchen wise we're onto the floor now, officially finished the kitchen itself yesterday and we're happy with the end result, as is Tom...

Five days left before going back to work on Monday, so I need to fix both bikes and get as much of the kitchen and dining room floors done as possible... gonna be a busy boy!!!

'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

that's rockin pete!  well not the part about the shock oil :2guns:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk