News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

Gday, new rider in Queensland

Started by Fullcream, August 20, 2014, 03:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullcream

Hello, I've only started riding a few months ago as I work at a motorcycle exhaust shop and so my work influenced me to ride.
Chose a GS500 because cheap and reliable, also my neighbour was selling one. This forum has been great for information and just learning more about my bike and gave me some ideas and so I did a few small mods to my liking: Raise rear, ace bars, fit one of my shops custom tri-oval mufflers, kinda mucked around with the headlight and gauges, etc.

Really enjoying the bike so far, except weirdly got stuck in Neutral for a while at the lights the other day not sure if a one off thing or I'm just noob rider. Anyway hope these pictures work.  :) 

peteGS

Hey mate, welcome! Looks like some neat mod's done to your 500 there  :thumb:

Where in Qld are you?
'82 GS450E
'84 GSX1100S Katana

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Fullcream

Thanks! I mainly ride around Logan and Gold Coast. Yes just tried for a bit more of an aggressive look.

Twisted

Welcome to the forums. Can you give me a bit more info on your headlight mod? I like what you have done there.  :thumb:

ShowBizWolf

Cool and welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the GS  :D  I posted about getting stuck in neutral sometimes at lights a little while back in this thread...

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=67821.0

...it says it is pretty normal but the 3-Point Clutch Adjustment couldn't hurt  ;)
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Fullcream

Quote from: Twisted on September 22, 2014, 06:26:26 AM
Welcome to the forums. Can you give me a bit more info on your headlight mod? I like what you have done there.  :thumb:

Thanks. All I did is replace the headlight with a smaller one without a domed body and I have modified the brackets. If you look closely the turn signals are now mounted with the original headlight bolt holes and I cut up some extensions out of a bar of flat and welded and dressed it on to the end of the bracket for the headlight to now sit lower and forward a bit.

The smaller headlight and lower mounting position left quite a gap between the headlight and gauges so I made some spacers out of Stainless Steel tube and used longer bolts to mount the gauges under the triple clamp.

Quote from: ShowBizWolf on September 22, 2014, 07:53:06 AM
Cool and welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the GS  :D  I posted about getting stuck in neutral sometimes at lights a little while back in this thread...

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=67821.0

...it says it is pretty normal but the 3-Point Clutch Adjustment couldn't hurt  ;)

Ah thanks, I'll check that out.

Twisted

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk