Ebay Chinese touring pads and rubber line rear
New Gold chain

New plugs
New oem air filter in box
Valves adjusted
Stock exhaust
TPS painstakingly adjusted
Idle screws 3 turns out
Stock jets. I forget the #s now but verified stock every time I disassembled.
New oem needle seats

Runs pretty well (I think, never rode a known good gs)
Not particularly powerful, but will indicate 100. Slow to warm up, but warm idle is about 1200 rpm after a few minutes of riding. Idles well when warm.

I feel an issue right off idle:
Coming off the clutch, it stumbles. At very low rpm when starting, it's a little chokey. Feels like it requires too much throttle to get started, and just a little too much 'thought and concentration' to get it moving smoothly, especially uphill.
Once you get about 3k, it feels good and takes right off.

If you hold a cracked throttle in neutral, it will rev at 1500 to 2000rpm, but then clunk a bit and drop a few hundred revs, and repeat and repeat and so on.

It runs pretty well on the road, but it kills me to have it run less than perfect. I have about ten years of motorcycle experience on nine bikes (plus many rides on friends bikes), and quite a few miles on me, including on finicky and peaky bikes. I don't think I'm just being a spaz on this one, lol.

Not looking for huge power or anything beyond stock engine performance, just want this bike to run perfect. I enjoy a lot of "autocross/MSF" skills type riding, and the slow rpm performance is concerning in slow/deep turns.

I hear an occasional pop, presumably through the exhaust. Not as loud as a full on backfire. Any thoughts on this? I'm assuming these bikes don't all do the slow rev climb/drop/clunk at cracked throttle in neutral?

Any help is appreciated.

Btw my suspension/tire setup is like rails. Kat 750 rear res shock is borderline too stiff at 220lbs geared up, but on good roads the bike is razor sharp.

ShowBizWolf

Since you've set the suspension up to your liking, would you consider posting your info in this thread I made a while back?

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=69391.0

What you've done to your bike is exactly what I made that thread for :cheers: and it'd be awesome to have your info in it.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Cincykz

themonkeyman89

As far as your idle issues, sounds like the carbs may be out of sync

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk