News:

Registration Issues: email manjul.bose at gmail for support - seems there is a issue that we're still trying to fix

Main Menu

Is it just me?... aka Ugly Bike thread

Started by holyfighter117, April 04, 2012, 10:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamahonkawazuki

Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

cbrfxr67

that's engineering brilliance combined with fuuuuuugly
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Watcher

"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

qcbaker

This should reposted in my cycleweird sticky thread lol

The Buddha

I just came across one - Look these up. Not some backyard job - Honda no less.

Honda DN01.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_DN-01#/media/File:Honda_DN-01_Touring_Concept.jpg

Cool.
Srinath.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

mr72

I really don't think that's ugly. Just huge! I mean, I don't really want to ride it every day but if I had to make a cross country trip on interstate highways at 70+ mph with a pillion, count me in.

Maybe it's because I'm recently a grandpa. Starting to get the appeal of such things. Me & Mrs.72 could make a tour of Appalachian bed & breakfasts on something like that.

Bluesmudge

I remember when Honda released that DN-01 bike. It was their attempt at an automatic every-man's bike before inventing their dual clutch transmission solution. It runs a more traditional CVT.

Cool bike really. Just slow and big and not enough storage capacity for its intended usage (commuter/light touring bike). The Honda CTX700 and NC750 fill that role now and do it better.

mr72

after looking it up, I realize that it looks bigger in the picture than it is. I kind of expected a Gold Wing type bike, 800lb and 1200cc. So while I still don't think it's really ugly, I also take back my statement that it appeals to me. What I thought it was, I can understand the appeal. And that's probably a Gold Wing.

Bluesmudge

I actually like the look. But I also like the Honda CTX700 and CTX1300 and even the NM4 which have similar design cues. Many people think those bikes are ugly. Honda has a habit of trying to make car-like motorcycles every so often. Thinking all the way back to the Pacific Coast 800 in the 90's and the Hondamatic bikes of the 70's and 80's. As if more people would ride motorcycles if they were just more boring. That concept appeals to me but not the typical motorcycle consumer.
Full disclosure, my wife rides a CTX700N. I think its a cool bike and the DCT is an engineering marvel.
NM4

CTX700

CTX1300

mr72

cbrfxr67

this one is ugly but in a fantastic kind of way!
-buddha

The Buddha

Oh yuck. Some fool back in in 2006/07 started to "convert" a katana 600 into a cruiser, and was selling it 1/2 way don't on craigslist near Nashville TN. It looked retarded, with ape hangers and forward pegs.
This almost looks like he finished the job with a - Looks like a FZR 600 or what is it ?
Cool.
Buddha.

Joolstacho

It's just stupid, that's what it is!
Beam me up Scottie....

ShowBizWolf

I like it... but have soooo many questions!!
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

The Buddha

Looks more and more like a CBR 600 f3 now that I look at it closer.
That frame hanger in front is a clue, the dip stick at the bottom of clutch cover is classic honda.
Sorry I'm thinking its not a FZR600 now, cbr 600 variant. Pre F4I version, those were aluminum frame.

Cool.
Buddha.

The Buddha

Doesn't look like its CBR or FZR 600's - I give up.
It could be a total mutt - frame from a Katana 1100 motor out of a CBR 1100 F or some mish mosh like that.

Cool.
Buddha.

cbrfxr67

what the bananas hell,.....

my buddy sent this one to me a few minutes ago knowing I love bikes
-buddha

Sporty

Used Suzuki GS500 = motorcycle adventure without leaving the shop.

Current motorcycles: 1993 GS500E, 1996 XL1200, 1999 ST1100

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk