News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Clymer manual Here

Main Menu

GS 500F Saddle Bags

Started by b52bombardier1, July 25, 2006, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b52bombardier1

Hello,

Yes, I know . . . it is not a touring bike.   But it would be nice to have a set of bags for the back that are bigger and more useful than a tank bag or a backpack.  Somebody had a good looking set on a recent post around here but I cannot find it now and the FAQs only list one post for "saddle bags".  And how do they mount?  Is there something in the Suzuki parts catalog that is intended for this kind of thing?

Any advice from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Rick aka b52bombardier1

12thmonkey

i don't know what to tell you about saddle bags...all i've seen are the soft ones (cortech, nelson-riggs, tourmaster, etc.)...

But i wanted to say "hey" to a Bossier City boy! i just finished up grad school at Lousiana Tech almost a year ago.
Don't sweat the petty things...and don't pet the sweaty things.

fuelish

i just did three states out west,, i purchased a 3 piece cortech sport set-up prior to leaving for $169 at the local bike shop. cant say enough good about them,, looks like they were made for it, held enough for my needs, wont scratch any part of the bike, easliy removed so i could take them off very nite and bring them into the  hotel room if need be.  oh yea,, i have a GS-F as well.

porsche4786

-Kevin
2005 GS500F (sold), 1989 RX-7, 2006 GSXR 600

b52bombardier1

Hello,

I appreciate the links and advice.  The E-bay thing looks very interesting and if my wife's laptop bag will fit into that bag I may have her back up on a motorcycle.  She used to ride but it has been almost 20 years.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.  And yes, she will very definitely attend the MSF course!!

Again, I appreciate the advice.   And hello to the fellow list member from Louisiana.

V/R
Rick aka b52bombardier1

Nydus666

i bought the same ones porche did and i love them.. very durable im an iron worker and they carry about 150 pounds of tools not prob  :thumb:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk