News:

Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

how to fit a twin disc front end

Started by hmmmnz, October 03, 2006, 03:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmmmnz

nah they are some old gsx clocks i had lying about, (originally they were mounted together with the warning lights in the center) i just chopped the metal that was joining them and bolted them individually to the yoke,
i don't have any warning lights at the moment, but i can see the front indicators, so i know if i have left them on, and im a little more cautious when im clicking into neutral, its just the oil pressure light that i sort of need, but i always check the oil, and it has never been on in the past, so ill live with out it i think :D

Quote from: makenzie71 on October 04, 2006, 06:32:44 PM
Quoteis the gsxr stem not longer? like the gsx? i didn't want to go the spacer route as ive seen done on other gs's

Depends on year, model, clamps, etc.  With the TL stem you're running a little long, but it's manageable with a small washer on top of the clamp.
well if people who had done the conversion in the past had written a "how to" on here then mabee i would have known that :D but no one did so i had to "do it the hard way" :D
pod filters, costum r6 quill exhaust(no baffles)40/140 jets, heavy duty springs, sv650 rear shock, gsxr srad tail, bandit 600 4.5 inch rim with 150 tyre, gsx twin disc front end "1995 pocket rocket"  ridden by a kiwi in scotland

rangerbrown

nee down mother F***ers

hmmmnz

lol, nah they are shaZam!, i want my old forks back that bottomed out over every bump, and had those 2 pots of stopping power :D
lol, yeah they are really good, the suspension is the best bit, alot better, don't dive under braking at all, and the twin calipers are awesome as well(not that the orignal brakes were really that bad) it stops considerbly quicker, and with the 120 on there its a bit more grip on the front.
its a bit weird having the moto cross bars on it as it sits you right up and your arms are quite wide apart as well. but im happy with the over all result :D
pod filters, costum r6 quill exhaust(no baffles)40/140 jets, heavy duty springs, sv650 rear shock, gsxr srad tail, bandit 600 4.5 inch rim with 150 tyre, gsx twin disc front end "1995 pocket rocket"  ridden by a kiwi in scotland

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk