Need a manual?  Buy a Haynes manual Here

Main Menu

anyone in chicago??

Started by Mauve, August 27, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauve

Watcher

South-side born and raised.

Bounced around some suburbs for a while, most recently Oak Lawn, now I live in Tucson AZ.

Got tired of all the cold and wet conditions, and the humidity... and the lack of curvy roads... and the cost of living, politics... there was quite a lot of reasons if I'm being honest, lol.

Much happier in the desert.  If it snows during the winter it only does so on the mountains, so they get white-capped and look pretty but as far as I'm concerned I don't ever need to touch it ever again.
Haven't had swamp-ass in years, either.  That's a plus.

But I miss Italian Beef sammiches and deep-dish pizza.  There's a Portillo's in the Phoenix area (about 1:45 away) to satiate the beef cravings but sadly no Giordano's anywhere in the state (that I'm aware of).  No White Castle either.  They sell them frozen but that's not the same, nowhere near.
If/when I visit I'll be getting a CraveCase of the jalapeno cheese sliders day one, lol!
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Mauve

you can have Lou Malnatis send you a pizza anywhere. its better than Gio's anyway.

Watcher

Was never a fan of Lou Malnati's...
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

EdChen

Haven't logged on in a while (don't have a GS500 anymore), but I live and ride in Chicago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk