The simplest way to help GStwin is to use this Amazon link to shop

Main Menu

Back Protectors, Testing, and CE Standards

Started by license2ill, March 21, 2004, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke1645

going fast isnt the problem, its the crashing and burning that hurts

Turkina

Those Knox CE armor pads don't look like they fit too nicely in most jackets.  Does anyone have experience with CE stuff?
-Protection only works when you use it!-
Me: I'll kick your kitty ass!  Cat: Meow :P

KevinC

Was that you that posted all that to the race list originally?

If so, good work. If not, referencing the source would be nice.

license2ill

Quote from: KevinCWas that you that posted all that to the race list originally?

If so, good work. If not, referencing the source would be nice.

Not sure what you mean by the race list, but yeah, its my original post. Thanks, hope its helpful.

hairball

Just found this old thread while searching for back protectors.

If anyone can share their experience with a particular back protector, I'd appreciate it.  Too many choices, can't begin to decide on my own.

I currently have a back foam pad in my Firstgear jacket, but am signed up for a trackday soon (check the Meet and Greet section), and people seem to recommend getting something better.

Help!
98 GS500 -SOLD-
02 SV650S

Dom

I googled some of your post an found it on another website... :nono:

Just kidding!  It was written by you there too.   :lol:

So are you spearheading the movement toward the implementation of CE type standards here in the US?  It sounds like a great idea and I think there stands to be alot of money made from it.  Ka ching!

Product manufacturers won't cooperate unless it's required by the US gov't ala DOT or SNELL.  Have to have it legislated, and that will be tough to do without a little $$$.  I guess the major brands aren't going to air commercials against such a mandate.

Good luck in your venture, I'm with you!  :thumb:

dane_lindsay

license2ill must have had his adderall dose upped recently...

Dom

Be nice.  He's funny and he's offered up some great, great research.  I know I'll be reading this post when it comes time to buy.  Kerry, I suggest that you put this up in the FAQ.  There really is a wealth of knowledge here.  My $0.02.

Quote from: license2ill
But they do offer-up some gems, like this quote from Eric Bostrom:

"After testing at the Jan 2000 Laguna Shakedown Eric reported: '...really comfortable, and made me feel safe on the bike' "

Boy that was convincing. And yes, that is the entire testimonial.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk