Last Post Wins - V3

Started by Toledo Jim, March 17, 2013, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledo Jim

:woohoo: Thank you John!  :woohoo:

Made it to the Farm real quick. :cheers:

Fun times are back.  :thumb:

cbrfxr67

"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

jestercinti

Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on March 17, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
Funny. at first i couldnt stand family guy. But its grown on me. btw jester. do you call the exterra "lemon" because of its color? or?

Both the color (it's yellow) and the fact that it's had the following problems in it's lifetime:

** Gas gauge failure.  Like our GS, had to rely on the trip odometer.  Unfortunately, no reserve.  Later a warranty extension fixed this.  Ran out of fuel 3x.
** Transmission coolant ran through bottom of radiator.  All good until internal cracks cause a $5000 paperweight in a 4x4 transmission.  Replaced radiator and bypassed transmission line through said radiator.
** Countless sensors dying causing a BLINDING SES light.
** Endless heat shield rattles.
** Substandard timing chain guide plastic causes annoying engine "whine".  An $8 replacement part, and 8 hours of labor.  Ended up living with issue.
** Spark plugs under intake plenum.  a 30 minute job takes 2.5 hours and 3 socket extensions and a universal joint swivel.  Replaced with Iridium.  Do not want to do that again.
** Airbag sensor corrosion caused system to fail.  A recall fixed this later on.
Bikeless and Broke at the moment...

slipperymongoose

Aghhhhhhhhhh the feeling of normality
Some say that he submitted a $20000 expense claim for some gravel

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

jestercinti

Buy a good battery.

Not so good batteries have drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slipperymongoose

Amen maintenance free to that

And that if he'd write a letter of condolance he would at least spell your name right.

Electrojake

Quote from: jestercinti on March 18, 2013, 10:11:41 AM
** Gas gauge failure.  Like our GS, had to rely on the trip odometer.  Unfortunately, no reserve.  Later a warranty extension fixed this.  Ran out of fuel 3x.
** Transmission coolant ran through bottom of radiator.  All good until internal cracks cause a $5000 paperweight in a 4x4 transmission.  Replaced radiator and bypassed transmission line through said radiator.
** Substandard timing chain guide plastic causes annoying engine "whine".  An $8 replacement part, and 8 hours of labor.  Ended up living with issue.
** Spark plugs under intake plenum.  a 30 minute job takes 2.5 hours and 3 socket extensions and a universal joint swivel.  Replaced with Iridium.  Do not want to do that again.
** Airbag sensor corrosion caused system to fail.  A recall fixed this later on.

My Son... a Nissan lover, and a mechanic by trade.
I have seen him toil endlessly under the hood of his vehicles while I cruise by in my completely trouble-free, ten year old Jeep TJ.

Just sayin' jester... I feel your pain brother.
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: jestercinti on March 18, 2013, 10:11:41 AM
Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on March 17, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
Funny. at first i couldnt stand family guy. But its grown on me. btw jester. do you call the exterra "lemon" because of its color? or?

Both the color (it's yellow) and the fact that it's had the following problems in it's lifetime:

my frontier was like this. wont buy a first generation anythign ever again. btw jester, im thinking yours is a v6, does it rattle when you first start it? ( oil filled lifters knock until they fill. usually a second or so then quiet
Sent from my keyboard using tapakey
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Electrojake

Jester...
Pour a jug of this stuff in the crankcase with your next oil change.

If that doesn't quiet things down in there, then carefully mix in exactly 6 scoops of this stuff...

You can trust me jester, I'm a certified Nissan Master Technician.
Current Stable: Suzuki DL1000k6, a Grom, two 70's vintage PUCH mopeds, and my kid's WR250R

slipperymongoose

That maxima was my second Nissan, my first was an Australian built skyline.

jestercinti

Nissan has gone to the CVT now. It's not the most reliable.

Like most married men, I inherit the pos Xterra while the wife gets the new car next year. The Mazda has 199,000 miles on her now (324,000 km). It chugs like an evinrude outboard.

This is why I drive a GS.

jestercinti

Yama, it does rattle.

Lifters, heat shields, and hood latch.

Seat rattles too. Can't tell which is which LOL!

Toledo Jim

So, where the he11 is Mister?  :dunno_black:

yamahonkawazuki

since john went batshit crazy and neutered lpw, mister went btl err batshit lost hell be around
".
A proud Mormon

codajastal

I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

yamahonkawazuki

yeah fapping does take up ones time lol . how is he busy? he claims to not work hardly ever yet get paid for it. so he should have enough time to make john cancel this one too lol
".
A proud Mormon

codajastal

Its not up to me to elaborate. I am sure when he logs in he will if he so chooses :cool:
I am not interested in anything you have to say
Don't bother talking to me, I will not answer you

yamahonkawazuki

Quote from: codajastal on March 18, 2013, 10:53:07 PM
Its not up to me to elaborate. I am sure when he logs in he will if he so chooses :cool:
im quite sure of that :). jus seems kinda odd w/o his antics lol
".
A proud Mormon

slipperymongoose

He'll be round soon enough

wayne242

2006 GS 500 F

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk