GStwin.com GS500 Message Forum

Main Area => General GS500 Discussion => Topic started by: ke7syv on November 08, 2008, 02:31:19 PM

Title: Needhelp with 2001 rejet
Post by: ke7syv on November 08, 2008, 02:31:19 PM
I've searched for hours figuring out everything I will need to tune a 2001 and have all the info I need but can't find the answer to a couple of questions.
First, using the lunchbox (assuming its the better setup), no exhaust mods, no ignition advance, what are my best options for jet sizes? I've come across 20/62.5/137.5 as well as 132.5 and even 142.5 for the main with two washers,  I've come across such a variety I'm more confused than when I started.
Secondly, do I or do I not need to add washers if I'm going to upgrade all 3 jets. If two washers are being used with a 142.5 main it wouldn't appear to be so but as I understand it, adding washers and upgrading the jets are performing the same action... I need some serious clarification on this.
  :bowdown: Please help. :bowdown:
Title: Re: Needhelp with 2001 rejet
Post by: mach1 on November 08, 2008, 05:17:37 PM
using the jet matrix wont be spot on every bike will be different depending on alltitude and temp. the wiki jet matrix is used as a base point  rejets are kinda trial and error for some.