Author Topic: napolean bar end mirrors.  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Susuki_Jah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Protecting America
    • www.jjvphotography.com
napolean bar end mirrors.
« on: February 17, 2005, 07:50:22 AM »
just picked up a set yesterday. they dont fit right out of the box so i had to modiefy them. just waiting to get the new shorter bolts from a store that carries the right size when the stores open.

then i will post pics.
1991 Suzuki GS500E , a bunch of crap done to it :)

Offline sprint_9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 02:18:44 PM »
Whered you get them at.

Offline Susuki_Jah

• World Supersport Racer
  • Protecting America
    • www.jjvphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 05:28:53 AM »

to modify the napolean bar ends you must hack saw or dremal the protruding
nub on the inside of the mounting arm. this allows the piece to lay flat against the handle bar. make sure you keep the washer thats on the throttle side you will need it to keep the mirror from restricing the movment of your throttle.
you will need a  M6 (6mm) alan bolt  M6x1.00x30   go to any harware store except lowes or home depot because they suck and usually dont have anything you need. I got mine from pleasants hardware. anyways on the left side of the bar get a lock washer to go imbetween the mirror arm and the bar to help keep it tight. the alan bolt also allows you to tighten the arm alot tighter instead of a phillips style wich would strip over time.

I will take some better pics during the day when i have another day off.

with a dremal and putting the mirrors on I would say the total time of instal is about 15 mins MAX

btw these were 60$
I bought them at velocity motorsports in Richmond va

Offline Frost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • World Superbike Racer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 06:06:03 AM »
i think it'll look better pointing up... :dunno:
wileyco, K&N pod, rejet 22.5/65/147.5, F16 flyscreen, progressive springs, 15t front sprocket...more to come: katana shock

Offline pantablo

• Post Whore Moderator
  • Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
    • http://pantablo500.tripod.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 06:06:47 AM »
you needed to modify them only because you have the older style handlebars that have the insert for the bar end to screw into. On the newer bikes (mine was a 2001) the napoleons go on without a problem. The one problem I did have with them though is that when I ran them like you have, facing downward, they hit the frame at full lock. Any farther out and they looked funny and were too wide to lanesplit I'm in socal so we all do it here-not illegal).

In the end I didnt like them and switched to another kind of bar end.

welcome!

Offline Susuki_Jah

• World Supersport Racer
  • Protecting America
    • www.jjvphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 03:42:31 PM »
when im at full lock i push the mirror out then pull it back in. but it still is annoying. yea i dont know if i like them yet. They looked dumb anywhere else like you said i hate crap sticking out. and yes to wide to lane split up and out. i know its not leagal here but i cant stand traffic. who knows what i will do, they cost me 60$.  im gonna see where else mirrors can go the bar ends are cool but i dont know if im a great fan so far.