Author Topic: Motorcyclist shouldn't be given medical treatment??  (Read 3231 times)

Offline MstrsLilBrat

• Formula Extreme Racer
Motorcyclist shouldn't be given medical treatment??
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:46:12 PM »
"Why ask why?  Why not just accept it, and enjoy it?"
"Think Big and Live Large" By. Donald J. Trump

**PLEASE WEAR PROPER GEAR**

Offline Blueknyt

• Wants a nicer title
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:42:23 PM »
unreal.   ok, im gonna go on ASS mode here for a sec, i know the benifits of Donners, no need to convince me. But at same time who is this person to demand i sign my body over? If i dont, im not entitled to life saving services should i wreck?  thats balls man.

Kinda like saying your a bike rider, you dont deserve your body or life if you wreck.

why stop at bikes?  drivers licenses?   Hell, why give the choice at all? force everyone In the US to give up thier coldcuts no matter what. keep it nice and equal, No excuses, this includes religous ones too.  no need to worry about Veggie brains and persons in Coma. you get a year then your the Buffet for the day on day 366. no appeals no nothing. saves lots of lives, Gets rid of the wasters clogging beds and useing resources with No returns.

ok, ass mode done.
Accelerate like your being chased, Corner like you mean it, Brake as if you life depends on it.
Ride Hard...or go home.

Its you Vs the pavement.....who wins today?

Offline Turkina

• World Supersport Racer
    • http://www.myspace.com/7121473
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 10:06:01 PM »
I think riding helmetless is the most stupid fool thing a rider can do.  Shouldn't lump in riders who wear gear with those who like the wind in their hair.  

So yeah, helmetless riders should be donors.  And all motorcyclists should have insurance.

Motorcycling is a well known and common form of transportation.  Responsible, equipment wearing motorcyclists shouldn't be discriminated agaianst.
-Protection only works when you use it!-
Me: I'll kick your kitty ass!  Cat: Meow :P

Offline cummuterguy

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
maybe we shouldn't give treatment to anyone involved in any activity that might sustain injury....

Stay on the couch and eat your MacDonalds, America. Don't try to go outside and enjoy your life, cause if you mess up, we'll cannabalize you.

Friggin ridiculus :x
2000 GS500E  progressive front springs/03Katana Rear shock, Emgo headlight fairing, Vance & Hines ignition advancer, K&N 'lunchbox' filter, DIY re-jet,  Srinath fork brace, Yoshimura exhaust, Bandit 400 hugger

Offline Ed_in_Az

• Trouble's my middle name
  • World Superbike Racer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 08:49:48 AM »
 :nono:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:05:08 PM by Ed_in_Az »
Retired from biking

Offline Jeff P

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 12:45:39 PM »
Ed is correct.  Not wearing a helmet is dumb, but it simply represents an increased risk over riding with a helmet.  Riding a bike instead of driving a car is another instance of increasing your risk.  There is no logical reason for helmet laws that doesn't also apply to motorcycling in general.

jeff

Offline daneilah

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • Waterloo, Ontario
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 07:47:24 AM »
Maybe we should refuse medical treatment to downhill skiers too?  How about smokers?  Or people who leave loaded guns in their nightstands.  How about cagers who run red lights?  What if you just eat too many potato chips?

Helmets are smart.  Smart riders will wear them.  Can you pass a law to make someone smarter?

javascript:emoticon(':nono:')
No no
2004 GS500F ... SOLD after 2 summers and 16,600km
2006 GSF650S Bandit

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
No, you can't pass laws to make people smarter...  But, we sure have a LOT of laws to protect (or should I say reward) the stupid.

Offline Michael

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 08:17:36 PM »
It's amazing the lengths people will go to foster their own biases.  The guy clearly doesn't like motorcycles and by extension those that ride them.  So he puts forward "social responsibility" arguments to bolster his opinion and then foists it off on an uneducated and unsuspecting public as reasoned argument based on fact.
As you have all pointed out, to deny care to one group on the basis of a perception that they contribute to the risk of their activity is the thin edge of the wedge, and will result eventually in a Nazi Germany outcome.  Because who decides who gets care and who doesn't?
As someone who has been in the position of having to provide care to folks who have clearly contributed to their illness, it is often hard to overcome the feeling of "You deserve this because of what you have done" but in the long run I'm here to provide people with what they NEED, not pontificate or lay blame.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Offline Gisser

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 11:01:22 PM »
:roll:    Folks, the editorial(http://www.freep.com/news/metro/dickerson21e_20050321.htm) is satire--scathing, but satire nonetheless.  That's made perfectly clear in the author's parting shot.  The intended target is the always controversial repeal of a State helmet law. :dunno:

Offline octane

• $hit Eating Tampon Face
  • World Superbike Racer
    • http://www.octaneonline.com
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who saw that piece as tongue in cheek. I think it's easy for bikers to be on the defensive since we are so often under scrutiny and so often scorned by the uninformed - but in my eyes Dickerson was clearly scorning the political process and using the helmet law as an illustration at his point. I didn't take it as a dig to motorcyclists. He didn't do us any favors, but I don't think he was directing his frustration towards responsible cyclists.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk