Author Topic: We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus) - UPDATED 7-02 PM!!  (Read 73641 times)

Offline weaselnoze

• noobie no no
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • the red robot thing is ghey now.
    • http://weaselnoze.matrixdancer.com/
We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus) - UPDATED 7-02 PM!!
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:55:18 AM »
i dont know where to begin guys. i've never had to do this before.  i was at the pool this afternoon with a friend of mine when my fone rang.  it was rich's number.  of course i answered with a 'hey buddy', but soon learned it was his fiance.  right away i knew something was up.  she started off saying she had some terrible news.  rich went out this morning on a ride and was killed in a serious accident.  i dont know many details other than there was serious head trauma.  she asked that i share this with everyone and also to let everyone know a funeral is in the works and is expected to be in the next few days.  we are all welcome to go. i just ask that everyone keeps his family and fiance in their prayers and ride safe. he was a well known guy around here and made a huge impact on our community.  he was nice to EVERYONE, very informative, and just a great guy all around.  we'll all miss him terribly. 

i'll keep everyone posted with details as they emerge so dont worry. JOHN, could you please make this a sticky?

UPDATE (morning of 7-02-06)

amanda spoke with rich's fiance (kim) this morning.  i will prob talk with her again soon today.  right now the viewing is gonna be on thursday the 6th and the funeral on the 7th.   it will be somewhere in norwich (sp), NY.  we dont know where yet. that will be decided soon and i'll let everyone know.  also kim wanted us to change our plans up a lil.  they used to do toys for tots or something like that, so she would appreciate if we dontated the money there. i'll get more specific details.  i still think we need to do flowers in addition.   

as for what happened with the accident..  amanda spoke with kim this morning and relayed this to me.   according to kim,  he was out on a morning ride when he came to a curve in the road.  it just so happened that as he was in the turn, another motorcylce coming from the opposite direction, crossed the yellow line and hit rich's bike head on.   the other person involved in the accident is in the hospital right now as we speak.  i dont know details on his condition.   from what i understand, Rich died at the scene. 

UPDATE - 7-02 PM

i just spoke with kim a few minutes ago. she is very appreciative of what is happening on the board with the memorial rides and donations etc.  view and funeral information is as follows:

both will be held at Fayhef Funeral Home in Norwich, NY.  its on the corner of Rexford St and Broad St.  the viewing will be on Thursday July 6th from 2-4pm and 7-9pm.  The funeral will be held on July 7th at 11am.

Fahy R J Funeral Home
116 N Broad St
Norwich, NY 13815

(607) 334-8833

« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 02:58:37 AM by weaselnoze »

http://weaselnoze.matrixdancer.com/

RIP RICH! We'll miss you buddy!

Offline scratch

• Sofa King We Todd Did
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Yes, that's a reflection on the road
Re: We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:59:47 AM »
This is not a joke.

I feel sorry and overwhelmed.  :cry:
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

Originally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

Offline Dwn4whadever

• AMA Superbike Racer
  • Heavens to Murgatroid!
    • Myspace sucka
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:04:54 AM »
I didn't really know him but he hepl me with somethings when i first got to the board. I cant believe he is gone. Please tell his family our prays are with them. :cry:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools....

Thanks to advances in automation, Nike shoes will be made by robots. Unfortunately, the robots will be made by children in Malaysia.

Offline SuZuki10

• Fixated with nipples
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Do a little dance/make a little luv/get dwn tonite
    • http://myspace.com/suzuki10
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »
We were just with him this weekend...I spoke to him on the phone two days ago.  Rich was the nicest guy.  I can't believe this...

Melissa and Julie, I wanted to tell you personally b/c I know you had plans to see him, but I couldn't get to you soon enough.  I'm sorry.

We need to send flowers from all of us, maybe John can help out with that.
~Amanda

Rich, we'll miss you, and never forget you. <3

'04 GS500F...Anyone from Jersey wanna ride?

Offline annguyen1981

• Lives in cardboard box behind GStwin
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Local Club Racer
  • I wasn't born, I was spawned.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 01:07:12 AM »
All of a sudden, it's hard for me to breathe or do anything... :cry:

He will be missed.  Please send my condolences to his family and friends, and I my prayers are sent to them.
2007 YZF-R6 - Purchased 7/03/07
2004 YZF-R6 - Stolen 5/25/07
2004 GS500f - Sold to Bluelespaul
Killin' a Kitty

Offline TadMC

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 01:07:40 AM »
I dont know what to say

Im very sad

Offline vtlion

• Please Make Fun of Me
  • World Superbike Racer
  • God Bless the Hokie Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 01:09:05 AM »
Major downer.  It's always a shame to hear stories like this.  Prayers all around for family, friends, and Rich. 
2 C8H18 + 25 O2 = 16 CO2 + 18 H2O + :)
the bikeography is down for a bit
what IS a Hokie?

Offline scratch

• Sofa King We Todd Did
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Yes, that's a reflection on the road
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 01:11:08 AM »
He will be sorely missed.

But we will remember him here.  We have all his posts.  His knowledge he shared.  And, the jokes, puns, kidding and ribbing.  :cry:  I'm still cyring as I type this.
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

Originally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

Offline SuZuki10

• Fixated with nipples
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Do a little dance/make a little luv/get dwn tonite
    • http://myspace.com/suzuki10
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 01:13:19 AM »
Me too, Scratch.  It was the hardest thing to get this news on the phone AS I was reading his last post about grammar correction.  It made it even more unreal.  Then seeing people respond to him not knowing what had happened....
~Amanda

Rich, we'll miss you, and never forget you. <3

'04 GS500F...Anyone from Jersey wanna ride?

Offline annguyen1981

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 01:16:13 AM »
This is a sad day for the GStwin family. :cry:
Killin' a Kitty

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 01:17:51 AM »
I cannot even express how incredibly sad this news makes me.

weaselnoze: thank you so much for letting us know.

Rich, you will be sorely, sorely missed.  :cry:

My very best wishes to Rich's family, his fiancée, and all his friends and loved ones.

Rest in peace, Rich. 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 03:52:22 AM by pandy »
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Offline Onlypastrana199

• Married to Forbidden One
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Ride Smart, You only live once, don't cut it short
    • Facebook - Don't friend me unless I actually know you
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 01:22:12 AM »
Rich was one of my first friends on this board...many of you know we were planning a ride in July...I think perhaps we should do a memorial ride each year in his memory...after AJ's accident he very nicely told me to get my butt back on the bike. I think he'd want it that way. He was a good guy and he will be missed. Prayers for Rich, Kim, and his family.
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

Offline duyster

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 01:22:50 AM »
:( my condolence to his family
IRC:

irc.freequest.net

join #GStwins gs500

Offline NiceGuysFinishLast

• Why are my sheets WARM and sticky?
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • The New Sir-Crash-A-Lot
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 01:26:53 AM »
I feel like the biggest @$$hole on earth right now. Rich was a great guy. Always ready to help out the noobs, he put together that whole damn FAQ site... Always answered any question anyone had, no matter how many times it had been asked.. never smacked anyone with the "search n00b!".. I can't even express what I'm feeling right now.. he was also one of my first friends on this board.. we talked on AIM about everything from the GS to women to God only knows what... I'll miss him, a lot. My prayers are with him and his fiancee. If someone who has his address could PM it to me, I'll see what I can do about getting some flowers delivered, I have a friend who's a florist, and always does great arrangements for me. I'd looked forward to riding with Rich someday, or at least meeting him.

Wow. This is the first time I've cried in years. Rich, we'll miss you buddy...
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

Offline Chris2P

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 01:27:59 AM »
Man, I gotto tell you, I'm pretty shook up.  I just got off the phone a while ago with Weaze about the bad news.  I havent been on this forum that long.  I've had a few IM's with Rich and spent only a several hours with him at the PA get together and a couple of phone calls.  Yet I feel that a best friend has died.  My impressions of Rich was that he was someone that was very open, kind, and caring.  He had a sense of being really in tuned with the HERE and NOW.  He gave full attention of what you were saying.   He could easily be anyones Best Friend.  How often do you run across someone so kind?  God bless his family and fiance.  Rich, I hope that you are in a better place.

most sincerely

Chris
K&N Lunchbox,  40 pilots 140 mains 2 #4 washers, Yoshimura slip-on, Progressive suspension, gsxr 600 shock, sv mirrors

Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Offline ajgs500

• I was banned for being naughty
  • Motorcycle God!
  • EOH
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 01:36:26 AM »
I dont even know what to f%$king say other than this is the most gheyest thing ever.  We'll miss you Rich.  Condolences to Kim and his family.

Offline flyingbeagle71

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • Sweet!
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 01:40:38 AM »
Man, this really sucks...not even sure what to say...

We'll miss you Rich...
GS500F in BLUE because that's the COOLEST color!

Offline LimaXray

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 01:47:04 AM »
 :cry:

This is just crazy... I can't believe this... I can't believe a week ago I was riding and eating and drinking and having a great time with him... it's just nuts...  oh man I don't know what else to say but Rich was a truly awesome guy and I'm really glad I had the chance to meet him.  I feel so sorry for his family and fiance, this must be really hard on them, I wish them my best. 
'05 GS500 : RU-2970 Lunchbox : V&H Exhaust : 20/65/145 : 15T : LED Dash : Sonic Springs : Braided Front Brake Line : E conversion with Buell Dual Headlight : SW-Motech Engine Gaurds ...

Offline annguyen1981

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 01:52:03 AM »

Fare Well Rich.
You shared your thoughts, your knowledge, and your jokes.  But most importantly, you shared your kindness.  I sincerely hope you are in a better place.

To all family & friends (including friends on this forum):
This is sudden, and in the face of sadness, it seems like there is nothing else in the world except what has happened.  I didn't know Rich personally, but I am crying as I write this .  That really says something about how Rich affected people.

Please send Rich, his family, and his friends prayers to get through this horrible time.  The grief & sadness will always be there (and years to come).
Killin' a Kitty

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Resident MonoPod
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Dum spiro spero (while i breathe, i hope)
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 04:00:47 AM »
duuuude whoa ummm, damn damn damn sorry cant type right now damn  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
rest in peace my brother  :o my prayers are with you and your fiance and family
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD