Author Topic: We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus) - UPDATED 7-02 PM!!  (Read 63053 times)

Offline LPC2104

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Formula Extreme Racer
Re: We'll miss you dearly Rich (Phaedrus) - UPDATED 7-02 am!
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »
I just got back from my trip and read about this.  Absolutely shocking.  I'm so sorry for his friends and family and just as sorry for all the people that never had the opportunity to meet such a great guy.  I barely know him but sometimes you can just tell who good people are.  Godspeed Phae.

Offline galahs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • I will not drop my bike!
    • The Colosseum Sports Forum
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2006, 03:36:09 PM »
One of the good guys of this forum.

Well miss you mate  :thumb:

Also, my condolence to his family.

Offline scottpA_GS

• I can't believe I'm not Buttercup
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2006, 04:02:54 PM »
Wow...  Like most, I didnt know him well but I read his posts almost daily. He was a great asset to this site. As someone else mentioned there should be a memorial ride in his honor  :thumb:

He will always be part of this board and its members hearts.

~ 1990 GS500E Project bike ~ Frame up restoration ~ Yosh exhaust, 89 clipons, ...more to come...

~ 98 Shadow ACE 750 ~ Black Straight Pipes ~ UNI Filter ~ Dyno Jet Stage 1 ~ Sissy Bar ~

Offline 12thmonkey

• Formula Extreme Racer
    • my portfolio, yo
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2006, 04:24:42 PM »
Wow. What sad news to wake up to. i didn't know him personally…but what i knew of him from here, and from all the wonderful things said by people who did know him is enough to understand what a tragic loss this was. My prayers are with everyone he has left behind, that the peace that surpasses all understanding would guard their hearts and minds. Rest in peace, Phaedrus.
Don't sweat the petty things…and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Resident MonoPod
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Dum spiro spero (while i breathe, i hope)
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2006, 04:30:28 PM »
hmmmm 1400 mi. on a truck with bad shocks. (contemplating making the trip to the service)  :cry:
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
there should be a memorial ride in his honor  :thumb:

There are two so far:

July 9th Northern California
Phaedrus Memorial BAGS Ride

July 29th New York
Rich Christie Memorial Ride NY
06 SV650s (2 past GS500's)
RIP Rich
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

<--- thank you, yama for the best 'fro evAR!

Offline pnaberhaus

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »
How sad. I'll say a  prayer for his family. We are all the poorer for his departure.
It's not how fast you go, rather "how" you go fast!

Offline st8racin

• Formula Extreme Racer
  • Ya, I am a NASCAR lovin' redneck!
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
I heard about this last night and have kind of been at a loss for words since then. I didn't really know him but I know I was always seeing his posts around. He seems like he was a really great guy and I wish i could have gotten a chance to know him. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.
Sarah
2000 GS 500E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SCujaS3pYY

<Alpha> I think the term metrosexual is overused
<Alpha> In all reality, they are just flaming heterosexuals.

Offline jackiei26

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
My post on another thread: 

I opened to read the forum to find out abt Rich and couldn't believe it.  I read the threads with tears in my eyes & having a difficult time typing.  I just made my donation.  My heart goes out to his family, fiancee, friends (including the ones here at GSTwins).  I didn't know him personally but he came off to me as a very smart and friendly person from reading his threads.  When I got to this forum fairly new, he was the one who noticed I was from NJ, mentioned Suzuki10 and others who might live close to me and invited me to the campsite.  I wish I would hv went.  I am so emotional right now because I know how his love ones are shocked and hurting.  We should all do a ride in his honor/memory.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING LIKE DOES HAPPEN.  Weasel or Suzuki10, I would like to make an additional charity contribution to Toys for Tots in his honor, pls PM w/ an address wherein I can send a card.  I am so sorry everyone...my thoughts and prayers and my heartfelt love goes to all of you who was a very big part of his life...  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:                   
05 GS500F Blue: Jardine exhaust, Dynojet, flush mount front markers, back LEDs - still waiting for the Puig windscreen!

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Resident MonoPod
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Dum spiro spero (while i breathe, i hope)
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2006, 05:14:55 PM »
My post on another thread: 

I opened to read the forum to find out abt Rich and couldn't believe it.  I read the threads with tears in my eyes & having a difficult time typing.  I just made my donation.  My heart goes out to his family, fiancee, friends (including the ones here at GSTwins).  I didn't know him personally but he came off to me as a very smart and friendly person from reading his threads.  When I got to this forum fairly new, he was the one who noticed I was from NJ, mentioned Suzuki10 and others who might live close to me and invited me to the campsite.  I wish I would hv went.  I am so emotional right now because I know how his love ones are shocked and hurting.  We should all do a ride in his honor/memory.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING LIKE DOES HAPPEN.  Weasel or Suzuki10, I would like to make an additional charity contribution to Toys for Tots in his honor, pls PM w/ an address wherein I can send a card.  I am so sorry everyone...my thoughts and prayers and my heartfelt love goes to all of you who was a very big part of his life...  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:                   
http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=27936.0
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Offline veeref

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2006, 06:43:18 PM »
My condolences to his Fiancee, and his family. May his soul rest in peace.
2004 GS500F -- yellow. Pretty much stock.

Offline nick_villan

• World Supersport Racer
  • Sir Teflon
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 07:29:42 PM »
I never got to meat Rich in person or chated with him but i could tell that he was probably the one of the nicest guys i never really meat. He always showed suport and was helpfull. man i cant believe this really hapend to you i was crying will i read every single post. dude ill pray for you and ur family tonight. man i hope your riding ur gs up their, cause we all know that u deserve it.  :cry:
Full racing exhaust, jet kit, kn filter

Offline bargovic

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
Oh my god.  I just met rich last weekend at the NE meet. And talked to him, and shared pics just the other day on IM.  He was a very nice person, and a very helpfull addition to this site. It truly hurts alot to have brought up the forum and see that picture in the corner.  I couldnt believe what i was reading.

RIP rich. It was an awesome ride last weekend, good memories.

Offline Annie

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2006, 08:04:32 PM »
John told me what happened, so sorry to hear about this terrible accident.  My condolances to kim, his finacee, and his family and friends.
I am the real Anne - so stick that in your pipe Ashman and smoke it!

Offline rangerbrown

• World Superbike Racer
  • GSXR WANA BE
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2006, 09:11:14 PM »
can some one tell me what happened? it is such a sad thing to loose one that we all know suddenly, best wishes and condolences to the family.
nee down mother F***ers

Offline Unnamed

• AMA Superbike Racer
  • Whom is the resident grammarian
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2006, 09:12:47 PM »
I, like many others, didn't know Rich personally, but that never stopped him from helping me out. He was always willing to lend a hand to a noob, and his sense of humor was fantastic. He lived close to my college, and I was hoping to try to get together with him for a ride sometime (after I learned ;) ). I guess that ride isn't going to happen, and I feel a terrible sense of longing that I never got to know him better. We'll miss you Rich.
1996 Black GS, stock except for where previous owner broke things
Visit the GS500 Wiki!!!

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't

Offline BikerChick

• Local Club Racer
  • "New rider and loving every mile of it"
    • My Myspace URL
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »
 :cry: I have only been on the forum about a week now, but am still sad..  Phaedrus made me feel very welcomed to the forum with his kind messages to me, sad that he is now gone.  Prayers to him, his family and friends...  Uncluding his family here on. 

Please everyone ride cautiously, the scary thing is most of the time it's not the riders fault
"Do not learn from your mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others so that you do not make any." --Sean Karsten

Offline calamari

• I like Chinese!
  • World Supersport Racer
  • is dangerous out there!
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2006, 09:16:39 PM »
his last post: http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=28047.msg299035#msg299035

some were still replying when he was gone already.
Caturday yet?

Offline roguegeek

• Plays with dolls
  • World Superbike Racer
  • So, wait... I'm still confused.
    • Project: Rich
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »
Oh my. I have absolutely no idea what to say. Never knew him personally, but he was always nice to me whenever I needed help with something. This is just an absolutely devastating lost. My thoughts are with him and his family.
Rich - Project: Rich
2005 Honda S2000 | 2006 Honda CBR600RR | 1997 Suzuki GS500E (sold)

Offline makenzie71

• Upside down forks R kewl
  • Motorcycle God!
  • onoz omg onoz omg onoz omg onoz omg
    • PacNet
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »
I'm a little sad...he was mine and kalee's friend, and he spoke to Kalee regularly and he helped us out a lot with PacNet.  though not like a bunch of bosom buddies, we knew enough about one another that our real names were known and used instead of our online aliases, we knew when Rich was getting married and we knew birthdays and all sorts of other stuff...close enough that the void he used to feel will always tug at us.  I don't know how to really contribute to this thread, though, without lying to myself or any of you.  I am sad, but I want to tell you all how tragic I think this is...but the man died doing something he loved.  I should be so lucky...and jealous.  The only tragedy is that he went so young...before he had a chance to live up to life's potential.  I want to share how sorry I feel for all of us here, and his family at home...but, truth is, we were lucky we experienced him.  He was clever and artistic, eager to help those of us who needed it.  He was happy to be friendly with everyone.  I only feel sorry for the people who never had the opportunity to know or experience him.  And so, since all I can really say is that I'll miss him, I can't say much...I just can't bring myself mourne him.  But I'll celebrate him.

Thanks for the contribution, Rich!  I am happy to have known you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:41:45 PM by makenzie71 »