Author Topic: OMG ROAD RASH SUCKS SO BAD!!!!!!!  (Read 4732 times)

Offline CirclesCenter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • The dagger in a gun fight
OMG ROAD RASH SUCKS SO BAD!!!!!!!
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »
 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

IT BURNS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS OMFG!!!!!

OWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

I have to clean it every so often they said.......... evil bastards. Alcohol stuff on the cut stings more than I thought anything ever could!

OOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'll just be sitting there minding my own business and then a few nerves reconnect and ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Moral (while I'm inbetween bouts of agony)

Wear like gear times 1,000,000,000,000,000 OMG ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!

OWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Rich, RIP.

Offline Onlypastrana199

• Married to Forbidden One
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Ride Smart, You only live once, don't cut it short
    • Facebook - Don't friend me unless I actually know you
Re: OMG ROAD RASH SUCKS SO BAD!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:46:05 PM »
The docs told you to clean it with alcohol??!  :cookoo:

Number one thing I learned from a plastic surgeon...NEVER PUT ANYTHING ON A CUT/WOUND YOU WOULDN"T PUT IN YOUR EYE Alcohol and peroxide while good to push dirt out at first, dry out the wounds too much. Its more likely to scar that way.

Cleaning it i'd use an unperfumed antibacterial soap and water and thats all..then plenty of anti-bacterial ointment and keep it wrapped up....but thats just IMHO as a former EMT and med student..I'm not a doc..
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

Offline aaronstj

• I'm a biker rebel
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Elitist nancy boy
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:52:04 PM »
Cleaning it i'd use an unperfumed antibacterial soap and water and thats all..
That doesn't seem like something I'd want in my eye...
1992 Blue Monday, Wileyco, lunchbox, 150/40/3/1, Srinath bars, progressives, fenderectomy

Borak: How come Ogg use one spear, Borak need three?
Ogg: Not spear, caveman.

Offline Onlypastrana199

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »
 :laugh: yeah i suppose but its not going to make you go blind
'93 cf two bros can, alsa cobalt blue custom paint, fenderectomy, repositioned directionals, 15t sprocket, ignition advancer, SM2's, national cycle f-16 dark sport, cbr rearsets - fully rebuilt after a crash

Offline pnaberhaus

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 10:15:44 PM »
Three years ago, after some major surgery, wifey suggested/insisted/required that I rub vitamin E oil on my suture/staples. Subsequent follow-up doctor's visits brought forth his declaring that not only is the incision healing nicely, but also quicker than he's used to seeing. So........use a vitamin E oil salve to help the healing. I typically applied it after washing. Hope you heal fast.
It's not how fast you go, rather "how" you go fast!

Offline Onlypastrana199

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 10:17:55 PM »
Definitely...I have scratch scars on one leg, other leg i hit myself with the weedwhacker and needed stiches. Slabbed some vitamin E on there..i dont even have a scar from that

Offline rangerbrown

• World Superbike Racer
  • GSXR WANA BE
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 10:23:34 PM »
pictures
nee down mother F***ers

Offline CirclesCenter

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 10:30:17 PM »
No cause it looks wussy, because I was only doing like 10 mph. Ahahaha I'm a wuss, it just strings all on its' own periodically.

Like right now

HOLY CRAPPPPP!!! OOOOOOWWWWW
Rich, RIP.

Offline arcsecond

• AMA Supersport Racer
  • 2006 blue GS500F
    • arcsecond
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »
But scars are cool, and they impress chicks. You can even make up great stories about how you got them. Slice your hand open with an Xacto knife while building a model airplane? nope. Knife fight in Tiajuana against a ninja, or a pirate. Yeah pirates are cooler. Although motorcycle accident is a pretty respectable scar story. As long as it was while you were running from pirates.

-James

Offline CirclesCenter

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:38:11 PM »

At least it wasn't like that.
Rich, RIP.

Offline porsche4786

• Pimp for a day!
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 11:02:52 PM »
Cleaning it i'd use an unperfumed antibacterial soap and water and thats all..then plenty of anti-bacterial ointment and keep it wrapped up....but thats just IMHO as a former EMT and med student..I'm not a doc..

Don't the antibacterial soaps just get rid of the good bacteria and not the bad bacteria?

At least it wasn't like that.

This is why I don't ride bikes w/o brakes! Yet.......
-Kevin
2005 GS500F (sold), 1989 RX-7, 2006 GSXR 600

Offline Onlypastrana199

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »
Theres no such thing as good bacteria in a cut...antibacterial soaps are ok becaues the water washes away all surface bacterial. Antibacterial waterless hand cleaner is bad because it kills 99.99% of bacteria, allowing that resistant .01% to grow and become evil and take ever..so eventually it can actually cause infections

Offline scratch

• Sofa King We Todd Did
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Yes, that's a reflection on the road
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

This is why I don't ride bikes w/o brakes! Yet.......
But, they're lighter, and wont hurt as much!  And, if he's going fast enough, he'll just pop right over you...just leave a bruise where he hits ya to pop over... :icon_mrgreen:

Circle, hope you feel better.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:15:30 AM by scratch »
The motorcycle is no longer the hobby, the skill has become the hobby.

Power does not compare to skill.  What good is power without the skill to use it?

Originally posted by Wintermute on BayAreaRidersForum.com
good judgement trumps good skills every time.

Offline NiceGuysFinishLast

• Why are my sheets WARM and sticky?
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • The New Sir-Crash-A-Lot
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »
But scars are cool, and they impress chicks. You can even make up great stories about how you got them. Slice your hand open with an Xacto knife while building a model airplane? nope. Knife fight in Tiajuana against a ninja, or a pirate. Yeah pirates are cooler. Although motorcycle accident is a pretty respectable scar story. As long as it was while you were running from pirates.

-James

Dude.. I agree with everything you said.. except that Ninjas are WAY cooler than pirates. Yes. That is all.

Oh yeah.. Pastrami hit herself in the leg with a weedwhacker... what a great mental image! Lucky she didn't sever her foot from her twiggy little leg...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.

Offline BikerChick

• Local Club Racer
  • "New rider and loving every mile of it"
    • My Myspace URL
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 02:01:24 AM »
This is long but HOPEFULLY it helps... My mom is a nurse practitioner..  I found this on the internet and she said it's correct..   Hope you're a reader...    :laugh: AND BY THE WAY!! Scares are cool  ;)

Conventional treatment of abrasions and road rash included treating the area by cleaning the wound with mild soap and water or a mild antiseptic wash (hydrogen peroxide), and then covering the area with an antibiotic ointment and a dry dressing. New evidence shows that this treatment approach actually may cause tissue damage and increase healing time. It has also been shown that the use of antiseptics, such as hydrogen peroxide "can actually cause harm to the tissue and interfer with function, which can further increase the injury and lengthen the healing process. Topical antimicrobials have been shown to be detrimental to fibroblasts and other cells needed for wound restoration." While a severe abrasion should be seen and abraded (cleaned) by a physician, there are some things you can do to help the healing process on your own. The recommended method of treating abrasions and road rash injuries includes the follows steps. First, because abrasions can easily become infected, you should clean the area thoroughly and remove any dirt and debris. Ideally, you want to irrigate the area with nontoxic surfactant (0.9% sodium chloride or Shur-Clens) under some pressure (use a syringe if possible). The area must be completely clean. If necessary, use a clean gauze to gently scrub the area. Do not scrub vigorously, as this can cause more tissue damage.

Use a semi-permeable dressing (Tegaderm, Bioclusive or Second Skin, for instance) to cover the wound and attach the dressing to dry healthy skin with adhesive tape. The dressing should be changed every few days. Keep the wound moist until it has healed. A moist environment will promote healing through improved cell migration and gaseous exchange, ease of removal of excess exudate, protection from bacteria and other contaminants.

A Word About Deep Lacerations

While cleaning the skin abrasion you should look for any deep cuts that may require stitches to heal properly. Cuts that continue to bleed after 15 minutes of direct pressure, or cuts that extend deep into the skin and have edges that pull apart, may require stitches. If you are unsure of the need for stitches, you should see a physician immediately.

Healing

With an abrasion the layers of skin removed will heal from the deeper layers to the surface layers, and from the outer edges to the center. As healing begins the area of the abrasion may look pink and raw. Over time, the wound will form new skin that is pink and smooth.

Theres also this  http://sportsmedicine.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=sportsmedicine&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.physsportsmed.com%2Fissues%2F2001%2F04%255F01%2Fbasler.htm

"Do not learn from your mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others so that you do not make any." --Sean Karsten

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »
Moral (while I'm inbetween bouts of agony)

Wear like gear times 1,000,000,000,000,000 OMG ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!

OWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Amen, bro!!! I'm sorry you're hurting; I hope you heal quickly. Thank you for "sharing your pain." Hopefully, your description of the hurt will give others pause before they take off without gear.....  Heal up!!  :kiss3:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Offline Rema1000

• World Superbike Racer
    • http://E85forum.com
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 04:28:48 AM »
God gave us alcohol because sometimes we're stupid... and then we need it.  Before you clean the skin, drink about twice what you usually imbibe (also useful in physical therapy).  Ethanol has an exceptionally long track-record as a safe painkiller.

I keep Liquid Skin on the bike, because it really stinks trying to ride while bleeding into your gloves(*).  BTW, 3M makes some nice transparent bandage dressings, that let you look at the skin while it heals... cheaper than a slasher movie, and twice as cool!  (oh, wait... I just checked 3M's price list, and their !@#$ bandage costs more than a movie).

(*)I am a convert to Liquid Skin from kayaking.  If you cut your hand while camping, and you're a couple hours paddle from shore, you really don't have a choice.  Clean it with soap, get the bleeding to stop, then cover with liquid skin, and get home.
You cannot escape our master plan!

Offline ajgs500

• I was banned for being naughty
  • Motorcycle God!
  • EOH
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 04:54:52 AM »
I have Liquid Skin as well.  The pitchers I used to catch for used it all the time for their blisters instead of band-aids.

Offline CirclesCenter

• World Superbike Racer
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 04:59:27 AM »
I have Vicodin..... Mmmmmm

Life is good yo.

I'm just gonna pop some Neosporin on it and call it good, ahahahha!!!

Road rash is no joke.

Thanx for the term paper, i mean reading. Naw but really was helpful, no more alcohol except for ME!! my wound gets no more.

And before anyone jumps on me I know pills + booze = bad so I won't mix them aight. wow I'm loopy.
Rich, RIP.

Offline NiceGuysFinishLast

• Why are my sheets WARM and sticky?
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • The New Sir-Crash-A-Lot
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »
I have Liquid Skin as well.  The pitchers I used to catch for used it all the time for their blisters instead of band-aids.

Taken out of context... that could be the funniest sentence ever typed by AJ...
irc.freequest.net

#GStwins gs500

Hang out there, we may flame, but we don't hate.

My attitude is in serious need of readjustment, and I'm ok with that.