Author Topic: How To : install heated grips  (Read 9734 times)

Offline hmmmnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
How To : install heated grips
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:22:28 PM »
very good if you are an all weather/season rider
to do this you need.

heated grips
a phillips screw driver, a couple of connectors. a small saw, and some cable ties

step 1. remove old grips. (i just cut mine off with a craft knife)

step 2. cut the lip at the end of the plastic grip, and cut the angled bit (closest to the mirror) so the new heated grip will slide all the way on.

step 3. put the plastic grip back on the bike.

step 4. slid the heat grips on, mount the controller on the bars and run the wires into the headlight.

step 6. power supply. i used the wires from the "park light" because i never use the park light, it switches off with the ignition, and its an easy source of electricity that doesnt require much work, and the cable is of a larger size than what the grips are.
all you have to do is either use the existing connectors and put some on you heated grips or do what i did(because i didnt have those type of connectors) and just join the wires with a little strip connector

and thats it just screw your headlight back together. and cable tie the wires and your away laughing :D
pod filters, costum r6 quill exhaust(no baffles)40/140 jets, heavy duty springs, sv650 rear shock, gsxr srad tail, bandit 600 4.5 inch rim with 150 tyre, gsx twin disc front end "1995 pocket rocket"  ridden by a kiwi in scotland