Author Topic: drinkers  (Read 7650 times)

Offline rscottlow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
Re: drinkers
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2016, 11:12:38 AM »
Haha, it couldn't be much more than that now, but yes they do still make it. I only know that because my great uncle buys it every now and then...Hamm's employees are union, and he's a retired union crane operator.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • World Superbike Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »
lmao yeah I like Hamm's !!

It's $14.25 for a 30pk at the store right down from my house.

But if anyone is ever kind enough to pass a more expensive beer my way, believe me, I'm all for it :icon_mrgreen:
Superbike bars, 20w fork oil, '04 GSXR 750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR 1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, purple & green glow, Bandit 400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline Janx101

• I only use hair curlers for their intended purpose
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Singing is a new MotoVlog Hobby!
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2017, 02:16:39 AM »
My share of the beer given to my/the garbage truck this year was.. 27 bottles of various parentage (375 ml).. Thats my year sorted out if i go hard! Lmao

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2017, 06:10:02 AM »
I started ~5 pm with buffalo trace on the rocks with some lemon - yes I am a bourbon heretic ... without lemon that bugger tastes salty as brine to me.
After about 3-4 of those - cant be more exact, I was drinking out of a coffee cup and the ice was preventing me from looking properly in my glass, I had a small round of egg nog with southern comfort.
That bookended a mainly salad like dinner (made with weeds growing in my yard) some sardines and fried chicken. Then ate some fruit cake, gulab jamun, ladoo, jhangri for dessert.

What ball dropping, I was in bed by 10:30, sadly pushing 50 isn't the time to watch no ball dropping. You're kinda worried about your own staying right where they supposed to be.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.

Offline the_63

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2017, 06:32:32 AM »
I started ~5 pm with buffalo trace on the rocks with some lemon - yes I am a bourbon heretic ... without lemon that bugger tastes salty as brine to me.
After about 3-4 of those - cant be more exact, I was drinking out of a coffee cup and the ice was preventing me from looking properly in my glass, I had a small round of egg nog with southern comfort.
That bookended a mainly salad like dinner (made with weeds growing in my yard) some sardines and fried chicken. Then ate some fruit cake, gulab jamun, ladoo, jhangri for dessert.

What ball dropping, I was in bed by 10:30, sadly pushing 50 isn't the time to watch no ball dropping. You're kinda worried about your own staying right where they supposed to be.

Cool.
Buddha.

I re-learned the eating is not cheating rule a few days ago. Went OUT with my brother and some friends and I'd only eaten a packet of crisps that day, Thursday was a complete write off. I was dealing with a heart attack hangover and kept passing out all day. Slept through most of Thursday.  :oops:

I drove nearly 300 miles yesterday and my friend cancelled our plans, so I stayed in, had a couple of Russian Standard and Dr. Pepper and spent 5 hours trying to hacksaw the fixings holding on the licence plate bracket (still haven't got them off)  :mad: and watching the Grand Tour 2-parter.

Happy new year  :cheers:

Chris
 O0
'99 GS500ex (sookie)

Offline Watcher

• What is this? I always know...
  • World Superbike Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach!
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »
I ended up going to a movie that didn't get out until 11pm so my "bartender" was serving light.

Had a snifter of some Weller, joined the youngin' with some sparkling grape-juice, ran outside with some sparklers and silly-string, then reheated some BBQ pulled pork and chased it with a Dr. Pepper.
Fin.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Offline rscottlow

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »
I had a couple of glasses of woodford, and then switched to wild turkey and ginger ale later on. Had a glass of champagne at midnight.

I ate way too much. I made black bean and corn salsa, taco dip, and Black Forest pie. We also had guacamole, tomato salsa, little caesars pizza, some jalapeņo dip, cheeseball, little smokies, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Now I'm recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Offline pattman

• Local Club Racer
  • Nevermind, I say as another bit falls off..
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59:40 PM »
After spending most of late teens and early twenties absolutely wasted, but time well spent, I calmed down to just a few Newcastle Browns and a couple of Jagers or Vodka's.  There are some good local breweries to me making some awesome home brew beer thats right up my street.
Hail LEMMY!!!!

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
Patron Silver.
06 SV650s (2 past GS500's)
RIP Rich
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

<--- thank you, yama for the best 'fro evAR!

Offline Watcher

• World Superbike Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach!
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
Patron Silver.

I see your Patron and raise you one Don Julio.

-Neil Peart

Offline pandy

• Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
RIP Rich

Offline Watcher

• World Superbike Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach!

-Neil Peart

Offline pandy

• Administrator
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
If you're buying, I'm in!
RIP Rich

Offline rscottlow

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
Anyone on Untappd? It's a pretty cool app that lets you record and rate the beers you've tasted. It suggests local venues and beers, which is especially cool if you like to try local beers when you travel. I wish I would've used it back when I drank a lot more beer than I do now, but I've recorded 134 unique beers. I would bet that I've had at least 1000. I've got the same username over there if anyone else uses the app.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Offline crackin

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »
I like a carlton draught stubbie or ten. Had a few tonight, just quietly.
 Johno
No matter what i do to it, it's still a GS
 It's not how fast your bike is, it's how long you are prepared to hold the throttle on.

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
I have run the gamut of cheap Bourbon-Vodka.

I have this thought. I think I can explain how America won the cold war.

Cheap bourbon is far more drinkable than cheap vodka.

Anyway had lots of variations, coffee beans in bourbon, Kentucky gentleman, Ten high, and a few more. The cheap bourbons are pretty plain tasting. Which suits me well. The complex flavor bourbons (Buffalo trace, Bulleit, laphrohaig others) taste salty to me. I'm happy with the under $20 for a 1.75l set. Start crossing that and I will not buy it without a free sample (which on thu, fri, sat - they do have @ my local fave store) and most of the time they are sampling the high $$$$ stuff. Bulleit is supposed to be cinnamon and this and that, sadly, its lost on me. Laphrohaig is good, but I should have a bit more before deciding, that day I had just finished a big lunch and was pretty bored and sleepy.

Cool.
Buddha.

I run a business based on other people's junk.

Offline Watcher

• World Superbike Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach!
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »
Well, Laphroig is a Single Malt Scotch-Whiskey, and a super smokey one at that, I find it odd that it's on your list if you're a cheap bourbon drinker.

My go to bourbon is Woodford Reserve.  It's a hair over $30 for a fifth depending on where you go.  It's well oaked for sipping, but not complex enough that you feel like you're missing something if you aren't a connoisseur or happen to be shooting it.
That being said my "cheap" buy tends to be Maker's Mark.  Right in line with Jack and Jim for pricing (just a little bit more) but you get so much more flavor.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:00:10 PM by Watcher »

-Neil Peart

Offline rscottlow

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2017, 09:35:20 AM »
Well, Laphroig is a Single Malt Scotch-Whiskey, and a super smokey one at that, I find it odd that it's on your list if you're a cheap bourbon drinker.

My go to bourbon is Woodford Reserve.  It's a hair over $30 for a fifth depending on where you go.  It's well oaked for sipping, but not complex enough that you feel like you're missing something if you aren't a connoisseur or happen to be shooting it.
That being said my "cheap" buy tends to be Maker's Mark.  Right in line with Jack and Jim for pricing (just a little bit more) but you get so much more flavor.

Maker's tends to run about $28 around here, which is closer to the price of Woodford than Jim Beam. I'm actually planning a trip to the distillery sometime this summer to pick up a bottle from my "Ambassador" barrel, and to take their Heritage Tour. The plan is to hit a couple of other distilleries while I'm in the Louisville area.

For a less expensive bourbon, I like Four Roses which tends to be a couple bucks less around here.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F