Author Topic: WHO are you and where are you from?  (Read 365907 times)

Offline sinple10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: WHO are you and where are you from?
« Reply #2880 on: May 01, 2019, 01:19:02 AM »
50yr old, American from Boston.   My first bike is a 1996 GS500e.  Its been garaged since one winter over 20 years ago, i failed to winterize it, it hasn't started since.  I'm not one into wrenching, but I currently own a newer bike that I love.  I decided i wanted to bring my old bike back to life, although I have no clue where to begin.   I joined the forum hoping to gleam some knowledge and get my project started, and maybe ride the bike around for a bit for fun.  Once I live out my ride through memory lane, maybe i'll sell it or give it to someone near, and dear.     

Offline Derekstix

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2881 on: May 27, 2019, 03:47:06 PM »
A new owner of a 1998 GS500E. Bought it from a kid that did some questionable stuff to it. I live in Mesa, Arizona. Just my second bike, but it doesnít run. Sure glad you guys are here. Perhaps it will live again.

Offline MackenzieHailey

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2882 on: June 06, 2019, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi!

I'm Mack. I'm a 55 year old rider. Just joined to ask questions and get answers from fellow riders.

Ride safely!

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #2883 on: June 22, 2019, 02:48:37 PM »
Hi, Im pandy and all 3 of my GS500s went to help new riders learn quite a while back, but I still adore these bikes. My main squeeeze was a little tank that took a beating and came out of it all beautifully.  If I saw a purple GS, I'd probably beg them to sell it to me on the spot.

Oops...I mean, I've been here for centuries, and welcome to all the wonderful newcomers!!!!

Love,
pandy  :woohoo: :cookoo:  :icon_mrgreen:
'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Offline Tordah

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2884 on: July 03, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »
I am Tordah, I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. I am 37, been riding now for my second season here.  My gf helped with this, I met her and she rides so naturally I started, but helped I have always wanted.  I found my GS500F from a guy leaving the country, but it's been lowered and seat shaved by the first owner. I have changed the Handle grips and the levers to match the bike color. I recently changed my own brakes (keep in mind I am not that mechanical), bled my brakes, cleaned my chain, oil change and changed the air filter.  I have new LED lights for turn signals, but have other better one's coming.  I just received new side view mirrors for it and have a new adjustable kickstand coming.

In the end, this bike will not be stock lol and I love it.  I am trying to learn from this bike and practice my mechanical skills with it so when I upgrade, I can tell someone all the maintenance of my 500 and so I know what to do with future bikes...... and my gf's Grom and CBR lol....

Anyways, enough about me, thanks for having this forum, been very helpful in the past.

Offline bogdinamita

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2885 on: August 06, 2019, 07:15:42 AM »
Hey I'm Victor, 29, I live in Barcelona.

Previously rode Yamaha XT600's (mostly in the city tho sadly) and now switched to a 2008 GS500 BK for some 2 weeks now. Enjoying it so far - especially the endless info/tutorials/resources for anything :)

Stay safe guys!

Offline Painterman

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2886 on: August 10, 2019, 10:04:19 PM »
Hi
I'm Andy, married with 3 daughters. Currently live in Shakespeare's home town.
My GS500 was a cheeky buy off a lad that wanted to get rid.
It's a 2003 with 1700miles up.
I've just fitted new chain and sprockets, new front tyre, both sets of brake pads and a clutch lever. Fitting that I broke the clutch switch  :icon_rolleyes: new one on order.
Looking like I'll have to sort out fuelling.
It's my 29th bike since 1984. Looking forward to get back riding after 7 years off (Last bike was a Vmax)
Anyway, cheers y'all.

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #2887 on: August 13, 2019, 10:26:23 PM »
Nice to see that it's not just spammers climbing aboard. Welcome, newcomers!!  :cheers: :kiss3:  :woohoo:

'06 SV650s (1 past Gixxer; 3 past GS500s)
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

Offline raimundojcc

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2888 on: August 24, 2019, 08:02:23 PM »
Hello everyone.

I'm Raimundo, 32 years old, and I am from Portugal (Europe).

I've been a motorcyclist since 2014, rode a Honda CBF 125, upped to a Suzuki Bandit 600cc, sold her when my wife got pregnant for the second time, and now I have bought a 00' GS500.
Rode it for 2 weeks and low sided at highway speeds, I love the bike and I have her already mostly fixed.

Kind Regards,
JR.

Offline Scarylilguy

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2889 on: October 08, 2019, 04:00:07 PM »
Iím Jared. I live in Hampton Roads, Virginia. Iíve owned nothing but Yamaha but I just inherited a gs500f that hasnít been moved in about 12 years. Free and under 1000 miles! What could go wrong...