Author Topic: WHO are you and where are you from?  (Read 349806 times)

Offline sinple10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: WHO are you and where are you from?
« Reply #2880 on: May 01, 2019, 01:19:02 AM »
50yr old, American from Boston.   My first bike is a 1996 GS500e.  Its been garaged since one winter over 20 years ago, i failed to winterize it, it hasn't started since.  I'm not one into wrenching, but I currently own a newer bike that I love.  I decided i wanted to bring my old bike back to life, although I have no clue where to begin.   I joined the forum hoping to gleam some knowledge and get my project started, and maybe ride the bike around for a bit for fun.  Once I live out my ride through memory lane, maybe i'll sell it or give it to someone near, and dear.     

Offline Derekstix

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2881 on: May 27, 2019, 03:47:06 PM »
A new owner of a 1998 GS500E. Bought it from a kid that did some questionable stuff to it. I live in Mesa, Arizona. Just my second bike, but it doesn’t run. Sure glad you guys are here. Perhaps it will live again.

Offline MackenzieHailey

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2882 on: June 06, 2019, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi!

I'm Mack. I'm a 55 year old rider. Just joined to ask questions and get answers from fellow riders.

Ride safely!

Offline pandy

• Purple Pansy Postwhoress
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Greetings fr Thunderhill..where the dirt is fine!
« Reply #2883 on: June 22, 2019, 02:48:37 PM »
Hi, Im pandy and all 3 of my GS500s went to help new riders learn quite a while back, but I still adore these bikes. My main squeeeze was a little tank that took a beating and came out of it all beautifully.  If I saw a purple GS, I'd probably beg them to sell it to me on the spot.

Oops...I mean, I've been here for centuries, and welcome to all the wonderful newcomers!!!!

Love,
pandy  :woohoo: :cookoo:  :icon_mrgreen:
06 SV650s (2 past GS500's)
RIP Rich
I get blamed for EVERYTHING around here!
:woohoo:

<--- thank you, yama for the best 'fro evAR!

Offline Tordah

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #2884 on: July 03, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »
I am Tordah, I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. I am 37, been riding now for my second season here.  My gf helped with this, I met her and she rides so naturally I started, but helped I have always wanted.  I found my GS500F from a guy leaving the country, but it's been lowered and seat shaved by the first owner. I have changed the Handle grips and the levers to match the bike color. I recently changed my own brakes (keep in mind I am not that mechanical), bled my brakes, cleaned my chain, oil change and changed the air filter.  I have new LED lights for turn signals, but have other better one's coming.  I just received new side view mirrors for it and have a new adjustable kickstand coming.

In the end, this bike will not be stock lol and I love it.  I am trying to learn from this bike and practice my mechanical skills with it so when I upgrade, I can tell someone all the maintenance of my 500 and so I know what to do with future bikes...... and my gf's Grom and CBR lol....

Anyways, enough about me, thanks for having this forum, been very helpful in the past.