Author Topic: Crashed (my first!): Pics of Gear/Bike  (Read 12770 times)

Offline Toogoofy317

• Calling Dr. Sharp, Dr. Sharp, code blue in O & E forum
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • Addy and me
Re: Crashed (my first!): Pics of Gear/Bike
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 03:02:19 AM »
Fairings may be a little harder to get back on after a wreck than you might think. Earlier this year some jerk backed into my bike and knocked it over. Cracked the fairing got another one off of Ebay figuring it would be a fast easier fix other than taking it to my insurance since the person didn't bother to leave a note! Well, it bent the brackets and it took a few days to get everything back just right. It may take guys a little less time because I'm not quite as strong as some of you He-Men out there but it was a PITA !

Just thought I'd let ya know!

Mary
2004 F, Fenderectomy, barends, gsxr-pegs, pro grip gel covers, 15th JT sprocket, stock decals gone,custom chain guard,GSXR integrated mirrors, flush mount signals, 150 rear tire,white rims, rebuilt top end, V&H Exhaust, Custom heel and chain guard (Adidasguy)

Offline Malatesta

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Local Club Racer
    • WMExperts
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 03:45:38 AM »
Fairings may be a little harder to get back on after a wreck than you might think. ...
Definitely GTK!

Yeah, in fact a lot of little changes turned out to be harder than I thought (replacing the windscreen...of course it was 90% humidity, so I was grouchy  :icon_mrgreen: )
"The past is never quite how you remember, the future's promise may not be fulfilled. Live for the present. The ruins fall around us as we speak."

Offline shiznizbiz

• Volvo Sniffer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »
If someone cant see a headlight comign at them, they wont see reflective gear.  An accident of this nature is always dependant upon the perception of the other driver pullign in front of you.  I recently upgraded my headlight to a philips motovision bulb.  The difference is there.  I have had far fewer people try to pull out in front of me at night than before.  I think its because of (as ive observed)  the WTF?!?! looks.  the bulb is immensly different, and people notice different.  It throws off thier patterns and habits.  It makes then pause for just one second to think, what is that coming this way? And then, hopefully, thats followed by the brains reaction to tll them to not pull out yet. 
 :dunno_white: maybe im rationalizing my purchase.
Plutonian Death volvo is [NOT] your friend!

Offline Malatesta

• Local Club Racer
    • WMExperts
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
If someone cant see a headlight comign at them, they wont see reflective gear.  An accident of this nature is always dependant upon the perception of the other driver pullign in front of you.  I recently upgraded my headlight to a philips motovision bulb.  The difference is there....
Very good point and great idea.

I'm gonna pick one up. Out of curiosity, what type fits our bike? H4?
"The past is never quite how you remember, the future's promise may not be fulfilled. Live for the present. The ruins fall around us as we speak."

Offline shiznizbiz

• Volvo Sniffer
  • AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 01:02:30 AM »
If someone cant see a headlight comign at them, they wont see reflective gear.  An accident of this nature is always dependant upon the perception of the other driver pullign in front of you.  I recently upgraded my headlight to a philips motovision bulb.  The difference is there....
Very good point and great idea.

I'm gonna pick one up. Out of curiosity, what type fits our bike? H4?

Good question, I dont remember.  I just took the original out, walked into the shop, compared, bought, installed.  I didnt take note. My bad.  lol
Plutonian Death volvo is [NOT] your friend!

Offline Malatesta

• Local Club Racer
    • WMExperts
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 02:08:37 AM »
Good question, I dont remember.  I just took the original out, walked into the shop, compared, bought, installed.  I didnt take note. My bad.  lol
H4  ;)

Philips Motovision H4 ~ $26 (inc. shipping)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:11:45 AM by Malatesta »

Offline 08GSSteve

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:09 AM »
+1 on the riding gear.

I ride with Full length Joe Rocket boots, Black Ice plated gloves (knuckles and palm), DriRider sports jacket with armour inserts, sturdy jeans, full face KBC spark helmet

I have been down the road now 6 times in my 18 years riding (none my fault) and each time my riding gear has either in my opinion saved my life or has greatly reduced my injuries.

My last crash 4 months ago (granny pulled out of side street) was my worst where I have still to this day left shoulder troubles but hey at least I am alive and still riding.

Glad you are ok dude  :thumb: you're a smart bloke wearing full protective gear.

I will never understand a motorcycle rider that thinks it is cool to ride a bike in shorts, t-shirt, no helmet and open footware.
"They say at 100mph water feels like concrete,
so you can imagine what concrete feels like."
-Nicky Hayden- Ride Safe, Stay Alive

Honda Elite 50
Yamaha RS125
Suzuki GSX ES550
Kawasaki GPX750R
Triumph Daytona 1200
Kawasaki KLR650
Suzuki GS500:SIGMA BC506 Computer, Arrow head turn signals