Author Topic: Proving GSTWINS are stealing your money  (Read 4600 times)

Offline JB848

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • World Supersport Racer
Re: Proving GSTWINS are stealing your money
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 03:22:15 AM »
Can this be moved to Odds and ends as it is not really a GS500 thing?

Don't worry it will end up in the Tard farm with the rest of JB's rants

Rants? LOL You belong there to begin with!

Offline mister

• Don't call me mister, I work for a living
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • There is Always a way
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »
JB848,

What do they do with the money they make from this site?

Who Fark'n cares. Serious. It's none of your business. Get it? What they do with the profits they make from this site is up to them. They certainly do NOT have to justify anything to you. If you don't like them making money, don't send them money. Simple.

Now go and finish off your bottle of booze or meths or whatever Substances you are taking to make you flip out like this, and crawl back under the rock you scurried out from.

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

GS500 Round Aust Relay http://tinyurl.com/GS500RoundAustRelay

Offline Shaddow

• AMA Superbike Racer
    • Shaddow's Blog
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 04:14:55 AM »
JB848, I find it funny to hear it call theft when you actually volunteered the money. You don't have to and unlike a politician the person in power isn't elected. You asked to be part of their site and the way it was run. I moderator and run car forums here in the currently flooded land and let me say, you should be thankful that such a good site exists. Its not easy to put them together to meet everyone's desires, to make them run well with little down time, put up with self appointed minorities. It actually takes a fair amount of personal time and when I read threads like this on my forums it makes my blood run cold. Nobody thinks big of keyboard warriors, either follow through with the threats or have some good grace and bow out.

Offline lucifer_mr2

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 04:34:08 AM »
But running a forum cost no money. I can log on without any cost, apart from my own internet connection. Come to think of it, every time I read a thread it's taking MY bandwidth, every one of your posts is costing ME money.  :cookoo:

Anyway, it's $20. I've spent more than that on smoko.

Offline mister

• Motorcycle God!
  • There is Always a way
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2011, 05:09:22 AM »
But running a forum cost no money. I can log on without any cost, apart from my own internet connection. Come to think of it, every time I read a thread it's taking MY bandwidth, every one of your posts is costing ME money.  :cookoo:

Hosting a site costs $. Whatever amount charged and whether it is charged monthly or yearly, there is a cost. With that Base payment a certain amount of Data Transfer is included. Exceed that amount and More Money is required to keep the site Available. So while it costs You to view the site it also costs them to make the site available.

The amount of money it costs them does NOT matter.

JB, your ranting is akin to complaining that coke charges $1 for a can while it only costs them $0.002 cents per can to make. Or Microsoft charging $1k for software on CD when the CD only costs 20cents. Who bloody well cares. If you don't like a business making money don't voluntarily give them your money. End of story. Get it JB... don't give them your money. They didn't Steal anything from you, you Gave them your money without coercion.

Now move along and leave this place be.

Michael
GS Picture Game - Lists of Completed Challenges & Current Challenge http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGame and http://tinyurl.com/GS500PictureGameList2

Offline lucifer_mr2

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 05:19:47 AM »

Hosting a site costs $. Whatever amount charged and whether it is charged monthly or yearly, there is a cost. With that Base payment a certain amount of Data Transfer is included. Exceed that amount and More Money is required to keep the site Available. So while it costs You to view the site it also costs them to make the site available.
I know it cost money, adidasguy already posted some of the places the money go's, but it got ignored. I'm just trying to think of it from the view point of JB (well taking the piss out of him really).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:20:53 AM by lucifer_mr2 »

Offline mister

• Motorcycle God!
  • There is Always a way
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 05:32:25 AM »

I know it cost money, adidasguy already posted some of the places the money go's, but it got ignored. I'm just trying to think of it from the view point of JB (well taking the piss out of him really).
:oops:

Offline Jared

• Has a birthdate
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • World Superbike Racer
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »
How much is troll food in the 50 pound bag.....?

What's that  saying...

"Arguing/fighting on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics.... sure you might win....but you're still a retard."

Yeah I know....I just tossed out a troll cookie.

Donation

I didn't see any 501(c) (non profit) signs up- if it generates some money....great.

When the 2nd Amendment is lost, the rest will soon follow.

Torque is LBs-FT Damn it.
Yeah that was me.    One of my rides

Offline tb0lt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »
Honestly, this site or the forum itself is NOT THE last resort for GS twins stuff. Nobody HAS to stay on this site. The site itself or the mods themselves are not the all knowing Gods of GS500s despite of what some folks might believe because of lack of exposure or knowledge on their own part. If people feel uneasy about the site or the way it is run, nothing is stopping you from leaving and starting a site and forum of your own . It would take maybe an hour to get it all setup. A new site will end up getting knowledgeable members and plenty of useful posts and resources just like this one over time.

That is the simple truth. A replacement won't happen overnight... but given enough momentum and somebody to start it, it will happen and flourish. The power and resourcefulness of this forum is in the wide array of members and their background and experience... not the few that manage it. I like this forum because of the ease of access to GS500 info.. nothing more nothing less. I personally won't waste my time with a rebellion against the "powers that be" because of the aforementioned reasons and also because in reality ... there ARE NO "powers that be" on a community forum like this... it is simply an illusion. It would take a lot less time and energy (and frustration) to start one on your own.

So basically... take it the way it is and stay or start another forum and hope it turns out the way you prefer.

Offline Pigeonroost

• Formula Extreme Racer
Re: WHY JB848 is leaving GSTWINS
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
and they use your money.

Now lets be fair about this, the above statement ony applies if you are daft enough to give them it in the first place  :D :D :D

Saved me any need to post a real response.

prs

Offline XLAR8

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »
i used to help run a forum with 3 friends

we charged everyone $75 to join/membership each year

people paid it and we got $25 each from every person each year, we provided a service and people paid.

how ever you did not have to pay here you choose too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:50:30 AM by XLAR8 »
2009 Suzuki GS500F
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat

Offline fraze11

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »

Just know one thing. It costs less then $8.00 for a Domain name a year. It costs nothing to run SMF which is the forum software that this site uses? Where does all of this money go? I have sent over $20.00 to this site thinking that this site was on the up and up? I got stickers which were nice. So if they ask for $5.00 per sticker and there are 1000 members?

A fool and his money are soon parted.  Or in your case, a fool just continues being a fool...

2009 GS500F, 2003 CBR F4i

Offline jserio

• Donkey-Loving Butt
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 02:06:14 PM »
Jserio? Why do you have Donkey loving butt under your name? Lmao....did you p1ss an admin off?

I made a complaint/rant about wanting a custom title and said I didn't care what it said/was. The current one is a gift from Pandy.  :icon_mrgreen:
finally a homeowner!
2009 Toyota Corolla LE

Offline yurtinus

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 02:10:07 PM »
You know, this is a travesty. A crime against humanity. Despite this forum bringing money in hand over fist, there is *NO* smiley eating popcorn. I enjoyed reading all three pages of this thread over my bowl of oatmeal. I thought with every scroll down the page, every click to the next page in the thread "oh man, I need to post a popcorn eating smiley in this one!" It was to be the crowning achievement of my morning, but I have been denied this pleasure! I don't know how the rest of you can live with this offense, but I am done. BRING US SMILEYS EATING POPCORN OR THE GIRL GETS IT!!

Offline mister

• Motorcycle God!
  • There is Always a way
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
You know, this is a travesty. A crime against humanity. Despite this forum bringing money in hand over fist, there is *NO* smiley eating popcorn. I enjoyed reading all three pages of this thread over my bowl of oatmeal. I thought with every scroll down the page, every click to the next page in the thread "oh man, I need to post a popcorn eating smiley in this one!" It was to be the crowning achievement of my morning, but I have been denied this pleasure! I don't know how the rest of you can live with this offense, but I am done. BRING US SMILEYS EATING POPCORN OR THE GIRL GETS IT!!

Offline Paulcet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Apparently, I'm invisible
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »

'97 GS500E Custom by dgyver: GSXR rear shock | SV gauges | Yoshi exh. | K & N Lunchbox | Kat forks | Custom rearsets | And More!

Offline saxman

• Formula Extreme Racer
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
And not only that there is a manual they ask you to buy from Amazon? shaZam! ask me I will e-mail it to you.

You do realize that they ask you to purchase it somewhere because freely distributing it on a web forum is illegal, right?

Offline yurtinus

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »
...I knew you'd give in to my demands

Offline redhenracing2

• Hatching something
  • AMA Superbike Racer
  • form > function
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
Jserio? Why do you have Donkey loving butt under your name? Lmao....did you p1ss an admin off?

I made a complaint/rant about wanting a custom title and said I didn't care what it said/was. The current one is a gift from Pandy.  :icon_mrgreen:

It's okay, I didn't pick mine either. I just noticed it a few days ago, and have no idea why it is what it is. I'm just happy to have one, and it grows on me every day.
Try dropping down to 4 Oreos and set your pilot screw 3 turns out.

Offline GI_JO_NATHAN

• Hairy palms
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • World Supersport Racer
  • Work In Progress!
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »

It's okay, I didn't pick mine either. I just noticed it a few days ago, and have no idea why it is what it is. I'm just happy to have one, and it grows on me every day.
Haha I don't know where mine came from either.
Jonathan
'04 GS500
Quote from: POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks.
Get with the program!