Main Area > Projects / Builds, Racing and Tech

[POST HAS BEEN REMOVED BY USER]

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ourea:
[POST HAS BEEN REMOVED BY USER]

Unsane:
I recently changed the chain on mine with an RK - it seems to be fine. If you are gonna do sprockets (and want some more pep) I would definitely suggest going down a tooth or two on the front - depending on the type of riding you will be doing. I don't mind helping you with the jets and clip-ons... have been looking at the fastfromthepast clip-ons myself!

--- Quote from: crzydood17 on July 15, 2011, 05:55:17 AM ---how is a slip on and a k&n putting the R back in? you might wanna ya know... throw some aluminum pistons in, forged or ti rods, ti valves, balance and blueprint the entire bottom end, take out the counter shaft, re design the head flow a bit maybe just a port job and a 3 angle valve job, grind your cams, upgrade ignition, better springs for 13k+ rpm, cryo the tranny while your at it, put some coatings on everything, upgrade the oil cooler, cryo and shot peen your crank, new clutch from a SV (follow ben2go's guide). At this point you might be maxing out the small carbs, take it to the next level and go EFI with a full MPFI system. If you do all these things or even half of them... you might be able to say you have a R... till then its a GS and treat it as such... its not a race bike... Its about as slow as a mildly tuned honda... guess you could always just throw some N2O on it and call it a day...

--- End quote ---

Nice work having a sarcastic dig at one of the new members crzydood17 - you really showed him.
Congratulations, the d!ck of the day award has been handed back to you mate  :thumb:

Big Rich:

--- Quote from: Ourea on July 16, 2011, 12:57:04 AM ---

Sold (I ended up getting the 70mm high-rise, you're right that if I dont like the position I can set them lower).
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-742/Clip-dsh-on-High-Rise-Handlebars/Detail

Can anyone explain how to get them under the plates? otherwise Im going to have to go to the shop for this one.

--- End quote ---

Undo the top clamp (around the top of the forks and the steering stem - I think it's 4 bolts?) after getting everything else out of the way. Tank, handle bars, maybe unbolt the instrument cluster, yada yada yada. It's really not hard to do since your controls are coming off the bars anyway. Are you getting new grips? If so, now is the time to replace them.

joelmath:

--- Quote from: crzydood17 on July 15, 2011, 05:55:17 AM ---how is a slip on and a k&n putting the R back in? you might wanna ya know... throw some aluminum pistons in, forged or ti rods, ti valves, balance and blueprint the entire bottom end, take out the counter shaft, re design the head flow a bit maybe just a port job and a 3 angle valve job, grind your cams, upgrade ignition, better springs for 13k+ rpm, cryo the tranny while your at it, put some coatings on everything, upgrade the oil cooler, cryo and shot peen your crank, new clutch from a SV (follow ben2go's guide). At this point you might be maxing out the small carbs, take it to the next level and go EFI with a full MPFI system. If you do all these things or even half of them... you might be able to say you have a R... till then its a GS and treat it as such... its not a race bike... Its about as slow as a mildly tuned honda... guess you could always just throw some N2O on it and call it a day...

--- End quote ---

Have you done all that stuff, dood?? Let's see your piece since you're such an expert.  :bs:

alyoopz:
Hey!  Mine's already got aluminum pistons!  :  )   Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version