Main Area > Projects / Builds, Racing and Tech

[POST HAS BEEN REMOVED BY USER]

<< < (4/5) > >>

alyoopz:
My cams came ground, too!  I'm gettin' there!  :  )
Al

crzydood17:

--- Quote from: joelmath on July 16, 2011, 06:32:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: crzydood17 on July 15, 2011, 05:55:17 AM ---how is a slip on and a k&n putting the R back in? you might wanna ya know... throw some aluminum pistons in, forged or ti rods, ti valves, balance and blueprint the entire bottom end, take out the counter shaft, re design the head flow a bit maybe just a port job and a 3 angle valve job, grind your cams, upgrade ignition, better springs for 13k+ rpm, cryo the tranny while your at it, put some coatings on everything, upgrade the oil cooler, cryo and shot peen your crank, new clutch from a SV (follow ben2go's guide). At this point you might be maxing out the small carbs, take it to the next level and go EFI with a full MPFI system. If you do all these things or even half of them... you might be able to say you have a R... till then its a GS and treat it as such... its not a race bike... Its about as slow as a mildly tuned honda... guess you could always just throw some N2O on it and call it a day...

--- End quote ---

Have you done all that stuff, dood?? Let's see your piece since you're such an expert.  :bs:

--- End quote ---

nope and dont plan to, my bike is a GS... it will stay a GS, it will not be raced it wont be abused and it will be driven 30 miles to work and back, When I am ready for a R i will grab a GSX750R... till then I ride a commuter standard bike. Sadly no matter how fast it looks or sounds... Its still a 35 WHP bike that does 0-60 in 7ish seconds and revs to 10500ish... This might as well be a guy with a honda going IM GUNNA PUT A INTAKE AND A EXHAUST ON MY CAR AND CALL IT A TYPE R! o god... thats exactly what it is...  :icon_rolleyes:

there was never a R to put back in... IF he had said "My GS500 build project" totaly different story... If i remember right the last 2 people to legitimately put the X and the R into a GS500 added 2 cylinders and 100CC and made 2 monsters o and honda power lol!

cbrfxr67:
Is it just me, or are there no pics in this whole thread,........ :dunno_black:

xunedeinx:

Big Rich:
Geez Crzydood, don't get all bent out of shape about it. So what if he wants to add an R to the name? All it stands for is "racing"- which he can do between stop signs against a car, on the highway against a Ninja 250, or even another GS. Do you own a copy right on the letter R? Somehow I doubt it. It's his bike, his project, his title, period.

The shot peened rods, 4 valves per cylinder, etc, etc, blah blah blah are commonly given to the X's (GSX-R) according to Wikipedia since Suzuki doesn't specify what each letter really means. And if you want to follow Wiki's logic, the X stands for "experimental"- something that major manufacturers don't do any more. All the production bikes are past the experiment phase.

You say potato, I say french fries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version