Main Area > Projects / Builds, Racing and Tech

My 1993 GS500 Race bike

<< < (2/4) > >>

Big Rich:
 :bowdown:

Great vids Burning. Very mesmerizing. I think you mentioned it before, but what is the button on the left control that you keep hitting? Surely you aren't blowing the horn that often (please say nitrous.......)

burning1:
It's nitrus.

(In all seriousness, it's a compulsive habit from my street riding - I cancel the signal after shifts and turns.)

Legnd:

--- Quote from: burning1 on January 16, 2012, 03:59:27 AM ---It's nitrus.

(In all seriousness, it's a compulsive habit from my street riding - I cancel the signal after shifts and turns.)

--- End quote ---

That's better than me, I just hit the horn accidentally instead of the turn signal... all the time.

steezin_and_wheezin:
awesome bike!

love watching yer vids, but always catch myself wishing for more road audio!! what cam are you running?

you suggest just rebuilding stock forks for mainly street use.. a gsxr front full inverted forks have always caught my eye, and have been in the big picture for my little gs. is there something with the gsxr front that wouldn't be optimal for street use on the gs? or as you said just for ease of heading/clusters/etc mounting

burning1:
The 2006+ GSX-R forks come with .90 springs. That might be overly stiff for the street, but it depends on your weight and riding style. Otherwise, they will actually be a little more comfortable than the fully upgraded front end, and will work better when cold. Earlier model GSX-R forks are a little softer, IIRC.

Main reason I recommend against installing them on street bikes is the hassle and cost of doing so. You'll either have to fab up a bracket for your instrument cluster, or replace it completely (which is what I did,) install an electronic speedo, fabricate new headlight mounts (or install a new headlight) and install some turn-signals. The install would be a little more straightforward on a GS500F - you'd just need to install a new insturment cluster or make a bracket... But, the forks wouldn't look as pretty on an F, IMO.

In my case, I installed a Starlane GPS lap timer, which includes an electronic tach, and uses GPS for speed data. Lighting was of course, a non issue.

IMO, the USD forks look pretty bad ass on a naked GS. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version