Main Area > For Sale / For Trade / Wanted / Hot Deals

WTB: titled, straight frame

<< < (2/5) > >>

Big Rich:
Shipping a frame is easier than most people think. Either Fedex or UPS just requires it to be wrapped up (Saran wrap or similar) and it's less than $80 or so. Now, transferring the title to PA without both parties present may be another story.......

adidasguy:
Boy, I am soooooo glad I'm in Washington. All I need is a signed title and a bill of sale. 5 minutes later I walk out with a registration and a license plate. The title comes in 4 to 6 weeks in the mail. No notary or anything like that required. No inspection for bikes. They don't care how long it has been since the bike was last licensed, either. A friend licensed her 1983 CB360, just bought and fixed up,  that hadn't been plated for 20 years. In and out in under 5 minutes.

Big Rich:
Yes, well our local government REALLY likes to nickel and dime us.......gotta fix all these bridges somehow!

The title transfer is possible, but not as easy. And the notary agent in PA has to be in a really good mood. Technically both parties must be present, but if the seller signs the title off on a weekend and the buyer doesn't pick up the bike until NEXT weekend, then you should be OK. It's actually a huge pita.........

Oz, do you have a notary agent that you know pretty well? If so, it's obviously a good idea to talk to them about the details.

codajastal:
In Queensland we just need a roadworthy and off we go to the DMV for rego and if no previous ownership receipt we just sign a stat dec there and then. easy compared to most of the states

Kijona:

--- Quote from: adidasguy on March 13, 2012, 03:23:07 AM ---Boy, I am soooooo glad I'm in Washington. All I need is a signed title and a bill of sale. 5 minutes later I walk out with a registration and a license plate. The title comes in 4 to 6 weeks in the mail. No notary or anything like that required. No inspection for bikes. They don't care how long it has been since the bike was last licensed, either. A friend licensed her 1983 CB360, just bought and fixed up,  that hadn't been plated for 20 years. In and out in under 5 minutes.

--- End quote ---

It's the same way here in GA. They "fixed" the title for my 97 that had an extra number in the VIN without even looking at the bike. Of course it probably helped that I had the original, "new" title along with notarized affidavit of correction, and a copy of the original MSO which had the correvt VIN.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version