Main Area > Odds n Ends

SV650 or FZ6?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Paulcet:
No gear driven cam on SV650. It is shim-under-bucket, however, so cams do have to be removed for valve adjustment.

Paulcet:
Also, I did ride an FZ6.  I kept looking for another gear on the highway, as it does rev a little higher than the GS for a given speed.  But while you can hear the pissed off bee sound, it is smooth as silk compared to a twin cylinder.

FI was very good imho.

Kijona:

--- Quote from: Paulcet on March 13, 2012, 02:53:31 PM ---No gear driven cam on SV650. It is shim-under-bucket, however, so cams do have to be removed for valve adjustment.

--- End quote ---

I thought for sure the 650 motor was the same as the 1000... On the 1000 all you had to do was lift the camshafts up and out without having to screw with the chain. Is this not correct? Maybe "gear driven" isn't the right phrase?

SAFE-T:
The SV650N and SV650S had slightly different gearing ~ the 'S' having a little longer legs for the highway whereas the 'N' was aimed more towards stop-and-go city driving.

Phil B:

--- Quote from: Kijona on March 13, 2012, 10:58:33 AM ---From what I understand about the SV650...it suffers from cruddy front suspension out of the box, a VERY crunched up riding position (S version),

--- End quote ---

Anyone tried S version with "regular" handlebars?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version