Main Area > Odds n Ends

question about eyeglass prescriptions

(1/3) > >>

yamahonkawazuki:
 Its official. my eyes are now as warped as my mind lol. doc said i could use some correction @ distances. VERY LIGHT like .25 or something. aka optional. but wouldnt be bad to have. would be able to clearly read text on items from across the store like i used to be able. anyhoo, i got a copy of the prescription from my optometrist. can this be taken someplace else and filled? $99 for one pair is high. some places adverting that price for 2 pair etc. ( or cheaper)

Twisted:
Here you can pick up reading glasses for around $10 in the chemists (drugstore) They are not the prescription type but have different strengths.

jdoorn14:
In MI, at least, optometrists are required to release your prescription to you if you request it so you can take it anywhere. Not sure if this is true in other states, though.

yamahonkawazuki:

--- Quote from: jdoorn14 on July 23, 2012, 08:46:08 AM ---In MI, at least, optometrists are required to release your prescription to you if you request it so you can take it anywhere. Not sure if this is true in other states, though.

--- End quote ---
i found out after posting this is nearly nationwide. some places however are still tight on contacts. ( law wise) but seems eye glasses are nearly if not totally nationwide on the copy rule/prescription release. im farming this out amongs eyeglass vendors. cause im as broke as a whore in a convent. got to get the best deal i can. if i gotta pay 99 fine. but ill get the 99 2fer, versus a single pair

seamax:
If you have your glass prescription and your PD measurement which you can get from the eye doctor that gave you the prescription then you can order your glasses online. They are way cheaper.

I usually wait until they have buy one get one free. I have order from both these places and the frames and lens are very good.

http://www.globaleyeglasses.com/

http://www.eyebuydirect.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version