Main Area > Projects / Builds, Racing and Tech

Garage remote install DIY

(1/1)

bobcat:
Originally I had my little garage remote attached to my glove like this
but i find it hard to press the little button in my glove so I had another go at attaching the remote, this time to the handle bar next to the ignition switch

Instead of me trying to aim for the button when i'm pressing, i've put the remote inside a balloon, then fold the opening of the balloon onto the top of the button i want, and taped it down with electrical tape. (the bulging bit is where the balllon opening was folded back to be on top of the button)

Then I mounted the remote with the back facing me, and the button of the remote (and the balloon opening rubber) facing the bolt on the handle bar on the right.

It's velcroed and zip tied securely. Now when I press the back of the remote, it presses onto the button at the front.  Much easier.

yamahonkawazuki:
well not meaning to sound like an ash but is there a reason why you couldnt remove glove to hit the button ? ( a genuine question not meaning anything negative by this)

bobcat:

--- Quote from: yamahonkawazuki on July 24, 2012, 01:24:50 AM ---well not meaning to sound like an ash but is there a reason why you couldnt remove glove to hit the button ? ( a genuine question not meaning anything negative by this)

--- End quote ---

:thumb: all good
coz i have a steep driveway on a bend on the opposite side of the road when I'm coming home, so I don't have to stop straight after the bend (and worry about cars behind running into me) while I'm waiting for the garage to open up. Now I just press the remote as I'm approaching the bend and roll up my driveway, the garage would be open for me.

Also handy if i'm being chased by the cops I can quickly dash inside my garage and close it behind me  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version