Author Topic: #LadyRiderProblems  (Read 404 times)

Offline mysho22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Re: #LadyRiderProblems
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »
This is true. Sexiness is not sexism, and if she was obviously doing this for you and your friend, or for herself with the knowledge you were watching thats completely fine! I 110% support that. I too, have done some of this for my partner's attention, and enjoyed the sexy/bad ass feeling of riding, and my own femininity intersecting to make me a female rider.
The issues come from the obvious mentions of, "ask your boyfriend to do it," rather than assuming I can wrench on my bike myself, or the over criticism or over congratulations. These can be frustrating, as well as people, men mostly from what I've witnessed, ogling as I take off my jacket after a ride. I'm clumsy and sweaty, not trying to be sexy. I'm not saying it can never be flattering, but it can easily start to feel ridiculous. I get it, I'm a lady on a motorcycle. I'd say to take a picture, but thats super creepy and please don't.
A friend of mine, also a young woman who rides, is a welder and pretty damn good at it. She notices that often if she tried to have a conversation about this, or joins a conversation about this, men have a hard time accepting she can be any good at it. Like it will damage their "man card" that a female is ALSO good at welding, maybe even better than them at this.
She has also told me many stories of men who have been riding much shorter of a time than her, and try to give her basic pointers and tips that she knows and has known since she began to ride. When talking to another man riding as long as her, these same people won't bring up these basic tips and pointers.
This is not to attack men in the slightest, but to bring awareness to this and just make sure you aren't contributing to things like this. They are frustrating and degrading to females. By all means please feel sexy on your bike, and do sexy things on your bike!!! I'm all about that!! Just don't necessarily force us into this same box unless we want to be there, ya know?

Will read the article later!!
Of the Motorcycles and Misfits podcast

Offline Joolstacho

• AMA Superbike Racer
    • www.gigarboxblues.com.au
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »
Absolutely mysho22. And 'More power to your arm' as the saying goes. Respect to the females who, I agree, sometimes have to put up with patronising comments.
ShowBiz, hopefully we aren't too puritanical on here, and can deal with a little mischievous humour.  :thumb:
I dunno, actually I find both you girls attractive... Am I even allowed to say that nowadays though? If not, the World has come to a very sorry state!
Beam me up Scottie....

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
You made my night Jools :kiss3:  :oops:  :laugh:

Sometimes when I dig around through old threads (like 10 years ago-ish) I see how different this forum used to be! I can't say I'd be as comfortable here back then as I am now... but there are some times where I wish there was a tiny bit more humor and silliness here than what there is.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight w/LED H7, '01 GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, fenderectomy, R6 shock, 25mm raising links, underglow, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards and pegs

Offline mysho22

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »
http://www.ridinginthezone.com/the-plight-of-women-motorcyclists/

mysho, give this article a read.

Thanks for sharing this article! It was a great read with some great points
Of the Motorcycles and Misfits podcast