Author Topic: A million dollars but...  (Read 3761 times)

Offline qcbaker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • World Supersport Racer
A million dollars but...
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »
I play this game with my friends all the time, and I thought it might be a fun idea for a thread. Some of you may have heard of this game, but here is the premise for those who haven't: each person takes turns presenting a situation in which the other person receives a million dollars, but they are then subject to some sort of "cost". The person then needs to decide whether or not they would take the million dollars, and explain why.

One of my favorite "starters" for this game is this one:

A million dollars, but there now exists an immortal snail that is following you. If he touches you, you die. The snail cannot be killed, and cannot be stopped. If you put him into an enclosed space with no exit, he will eventually break through the walls, no matter what they are made of. If you move to a different continent, he will crawl across the ocean floor. Bear in mind, he moves at a literal snail's pace. You can always simply walk away from him. But if you let your guard down for long enough, he will find you and he will kill you. Do you take the million?

Respond to this one, then post your own.

Offline Watcher

• What is this? I always know...
  • MotoGP Racer
  • MSF RiderCoach and Moto Enthusiast!
Re: A million dollars but...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »
No.  I've been known to sleep for far too long, sit at my desk playing videogames for far too long, and if I ever crash the KTM 1290 SuperDuke you know I'd buy and end up hospitalized I'd be doomed.

Ok, a cool million, but you are constantly aflame.  Like what's his face from Fantastic 4, except uncontrollably.  It doesn't cause you any pain, but inevitably burns all but the most fire retardant materials.
"The point of a journey is not to arrive..."

-Neil Peart

Offline rscottlow

• AMA Superbike Racer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
While this is tempting, as people would surely leave me and my million alone, I'd have to say no. There's no way I could possibly enjoy it if everything around me was burning to the ground...

So...one million dollars, but you will always be totally winded, as though you just sprinted up a dozen flights of stairs.
Scott - Cincinnati, Ohio
2009 GS500F

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »
Ok, a cool million, but you are constantly aflame.  Like what's his face from Fantastic 4, except uncontrollably.  It doesn't cause you any pain, but inevitably burns all but the most fire retardant materials.

Ha, I like this one. However, I don't think I would take the million here, since you'd have to spend the whole million buying stuff like a flame retardant bed, flame retardant house stuff, etc. Not really worth it, IMO.

So...one million dollars, but you will always be totally winded, as though you just sprinted up a dozen flights of stairs.

I don't know if this is worth it to me either lol. This makes it really hard to enjoy anything.

New one: A million dollars, but you can no longer tell the difference between muffins and babies.

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »
New one: A million dollars, but you can no longer tell the difference between muffins and babies.

Not a big muffin fan (nor baby fan) anyway.  I could live with that.

A million, but your feet are never the same size for more than 6 hours.

-Neil Peart

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »

What are the upper and lower limits for feet size, and what are the upper and lower limits for each size change? Like, could I go from baby feet to size 14 in one change? Or, could I end up with feet the size of houses?

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »

What are the upper and lower limits for feet size, and what are the upper and lower limits for each size change? Like, could I go from baby feet to size 14 in one change? Or, could I end up with feet the size of houses?

"Realistic" changes, up or down a size or two every instance, "baby feet" possible.  As for biggest, let's say world record size, so like 26US/25UK/60EU...
Also, that "growing pain" feeling never goes away.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:13:49 PM by Watcher »

-Neil Peart

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »
"Realistic" changes, up or down a size or two every instance, "baby feet" possible.  As for biggest, let's say world record size, so like 26US/25UK/60EU...

Yeah, I'll take the million. I'll just buy a pair of shoes of every other size, and wear the shoe 2 sizes too big in the morning. By the time I get home from work, they'll either fit just right or be way too big, which is workable as long as I'm not trying to run anywhere.

A million dollars but you never have the correct piece of silverware for whatever you're eating. You can also never find the correct one. If you're eating steak, you will find you can only locate spoons. Knifes and forks are nowhere to be found. Move on to a bowl of ice cream for dessert and suddenly you find the fork and knife you were looking for earlier, but you cant find any of your spoons now.

Also, you are not allowed to stock your house with these:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:36:20 PM by qcbaker »

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
If you aren't eating steak with your hands you aren't eating correctly.
Also, steak sammiches! :cheers:

Plus, I can always just make ice-cream soup.  So I say yes.

Re: that sporfe, do you just cut your mouth every time you use it?

A million but some really uppity federal agent guy follows you around and scrutinizes your every action.  He has jurisdiction everywhere and will write you a citation for everything even remotely illegal or against "the rules".  Forget to signal to turn, citation.  Go 1mph over posted, citation.  Toss a piece of trash and miss the can, citation, even if you pick it up.
Copy and paste a photo from Google, plagiarism, citation.
Reshingle your own roof, no building permit, citation.
Work on the car in the driveway, against city regulation, citation.
Still using a power tool at 10:01pm, county noise restriction, citation.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:48:40 PM by Watcher »

-Neil Peart

Offline pliskin

• Rick Flair's fluff boy
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
A million but you have to drive around on your GS with those plastic big wheel tires that get no traction.
Why are you looking here?

Offline Watcher

• MotoGP Racer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 09:10:12 PM »
A million but you have to drive around on your GS with those plastic big wheel tires that get no traction.

I'll be back to being broke after that hospital stay...  So no, lol.

-Neil Peart

Offline dominickbuff

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »
a million but you can no longer ride any motorcycles

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 10:54:28 PM »
Omg no!!!! Absolutely not. :sad: :sad: :sad:

A million dollars but you could never have anyone else prepare you food again. No fast food, no restaurants, no hiring your own chef, no eating meals your family made. You CAN still eat like tv dinners, canned soups, etc.
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR headlight & cowl, DRZ signals, 1/2" fork brace, 'Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings, heated grips

Offline dominickbuff

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »
i can live off ramen noodles so ill be fine #collegelife lol

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Re: that sporfe, do you just cut your mouth every time you use it?

Looks like it. Never actually used one so I don't really know lol. :dunno_black:

A million but some really uppity federal agent guy follows you around and scrutinizes your every action.  He has jurisdiction everywhere and will write you a citation for everything even remotely illegal or against "the rules".  Forget to signal to turn, citation.  Go 1mph over posted, citation.  Toss a piece of trash and miss the can, citation, even if you pick it up.
Copy and paste a photo from Google, plagiarism, citation.
Reshingle your own roof, no building permit, citation.
Work on the car in the driveway, against city regulation, citation.
Still using a power tool at 10:01pm, county noise restriction, citation.

I'll have to spend the million paying all these citations lol. No dice.

So basically, a million but I can't ride my GS anymore? I think I'd take the million, since I could just buy a different bike. If the plastic wheels apply to any bike I ride, then no.

a million but you can no longer ride any motorcycles

Nope, love riding too much lol.

A million dollars but you could never have anyone else prepare you food again. No fast food, no restaurants, no hiring your own chef, no eating meals your family made. You CAN still eat like tv dinners, canned soups, etc.

Yes, I'd take the million here. I'd use one of those services that brings you fresh ingredients and meal plans every week, and I'd just cook everything.

A million dollars but for one hour at random every day, you talk like Ned Flanders. Hideley ho, neighborino!

Offline The Buddha

• The guru Ba-moo-derator
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Motorcycle God!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 02:04:26 PM »

Yeah, I'll take the million. I'll just buy a pair of shoes of every other size, and wear the shoe 2 sizes too big in the morning. By the time I get home from work, they'll either fit just right or be way too big, which is workable as long as I'm not trying to run anywhere.

A million dollars but you never have the correct piece of silverware for whatever you're eating. You can also never find the correct one. If you're eating steak, you will find you can only locate spoons. Knifes and forks are nowhere to be found. Move on to a bowl of ice cream for dessert and suddenly you find the fork and knife you were looking for earlier, but you cant find any of your spoons now.

Also, you are not allowed to stock your house with these:

No problem, I eat steak and rice with my hand. And better yet, I'd give up the rice altogether. In fact I already did. LOL.

My son and I had a game where we had to eat the turkey on thanksgiving day without touching with our hands. Like tip the plate and get it to the edge and bite it off the edge of the plate. We had to stop when my wife yelled at us. We nearly choked cos we were laughing so hard.

Cool.
Buddha.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I run a business based on other people's junk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Offline pliskin

• Rick Flair's fluff boy
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
A million bucks but you have to fart out of your mouth.

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »

Do they make normal fart noises when they come out, or do they basically become burps, except they smell like farts?

Offline pliskin

• Rick Flair's fluff boy
  • World Supersport Racer
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »

Do they make normal fart noises when they come out, or do they basically become burps, except they smell like farts?
Would it be a deal breaker either way :dunno_black: Best part is you could be a millionaire and get to smell your own farts without using your hand to waif the air up to your nose. 

Offline qcbaker

• World Supersport Racer
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »
Would it be a deal breaker either way :dunno_black: Best part is you could be a millionaire and get to smell your own farts without using your hand to waif the air up to your nose.

I think I'd take the money, but I would have to carry around a small bottle of mouthwash at all times lol.

A million dollars but any time you watch a sporting event, the team you're rooting for has a 25% lower chance of winning. If you don't watch, they have normal chances.