Author Topic: New GS500 Rider in the GTA  (Read 318 times)

Offline fastandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
New GS500 Rider in the GTA
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:05:48 AM »
Hi all,

so at 30 years old I finally broke down and due to some life changes I finally did what I wanted to since I was 10 years old...I bought a bike (2008 GS500).

Every single rider I've come across has been overwhelmingly supportive and helpful getting me going, which I didn't expect. All the experienced riders I've meet, as well as the fellow rookies in my MSF course all seem to have similar personalities and are all just as weird as me, so I immediately feel at home with this group of people. The support and information on this forum and the wiki is incredible and was definitely a factor in my decision.

I love my GS already and will be on it as much as possible, commuting daily, and heading up north for some longer trips as soon as I think I am ready to dodge moose, I just wanted to say hi to the other Toronto area GS riders!

Also....I'm a tinkerer so I'm sure I'll be back with some questions!

Great to (sort of) meet you all,
john

Offline ShowBizWolf

• Ninja turtle...in a van
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • MotoGP Racer
  • Support Shelly's rescue at tinykittens.com
Re: New GS500 Rider in the GTA
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:15:03 AM »
Hi John! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike! Glad to have ya here.

:cheers:
Superbike bars, '04 GSXR750 headlight & cowl, GSXR1000 signals, Chuck81 fork brace, '05 Busa fender, stainless exhaust & brake lines, belly pan, LED dash & brake bulbs, 140/80 rear hoop, F tail lens, SV650 shock, Bandit400 hugger, aluminum heel guards & pegs, fork preload adjusters, .75 SonicSprings

Offline cbrfxr67

• Some day I'll finish my projects
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MotoGP Racer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:17 PM »
Welcome!  need pics!  :dunno_black:
"Its something you take apart in 2-3 days and takes 10 years to go back together."
-buddha

Offline fastandslow

• Local Club Racer
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »
I will post pics as soon as it's back together...

I rode it home (took the scenic route of course) to fix a leaky valve cover gasket which I knew about when I bought it, only to find the reason it was leaking when all the threads came out with one of the o-ring cap bolts!

I then discovered that the bolts are M7x1 (wtf Suzuki?) so I had to order a helicoil kit...which just arrived. Hopefully will be back on the road tonight.

Offline 89gS500_Kirk

• AMA Supersport Racer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
Cheers and welcome to the community....  :woohoo: