Author Topic: FS Custom Projects: ‘92 GS500 + ‘01 SV650S + Extras = $2000 for ALL (reduced)  (Read 1041 times)

Offline dgyver

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
Time to make room and let it all go…. I would like to sell all of my motorcycles and parts as a package deal. I do not have the time or the desire to work on them anymore. All the parts are included to assemble the two motorcycles. I had started building another track bike and only got to setting up the frame. All of the parts and bikes have been stored in my a/c shop (except the KX). Not all of the parts are listed, can’t remember everything. Not interested in parting anything or shipping, please do not ask. This must be picked up. Located in Williamston, SC. Better have a truck & a trailer. I will get pictures as soon as I can. Please, serious inquiries only…

Everything for … $2000 cash (was $2500)

2001 SV650S - Clean Title. Re-built from frame up. Stripped to bare frame and repainted dark charcoal gray. The carbs should be rebuilt (kit included), wire the speedo to the GSXR forks (sensor is in place), bodywork needs repainting (clear coat fogged) and mounted, along with some minor part installations. Installed 1999 GSXR750 USD forks (reworked internals), Fox adjustable shock, honed cylinders with new rings, professional custom seat covers, stock full fairing with aftermarket lowers (unfitted & need painting), primered gas tank with small dents, stock exhaust (scratched can), titanium mid-pipe for slip-on conversion, carb rebuild kit, new tires, no battery, ... 

1992 GS500 - Clean Title. This GS was complete and running until I moved the GSXR forks and Fox shock to the ‘01 SV. The GS needs the speedometer pickup installed & wired along with some of the electrical components remounted since installing a Katana front end and GSXR shock with the shock mounted reservoir. Re-built from the frame up (except engine), 541cc engine with megacycle cams, 36mm carbs, Katana forks (reworked internals), Katana wheels (3” front & 4.5” rear), RGV swingarm, custom undertail exhaust, 2001 gas tank, custom single seat rear tail (was going to change to SV sub-frame), new Bridgestone tires, custom adjustable rearsets, SV650 gauges, Dual Headlights, Custom windscreen, no battery, ... 

(link to GS build = gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=34220.0)

GS500 racing/track frame - No Title. shortened rear frame, modified upper mount to accept GSXR shocks, Katana tach, race wire harness, stock swingarm with spools, ...

GS500 engine - bored to 569cc with 80mm pistons (rings need fitting), bottom end 80% assembled (cases together), megacycle cams, ported head (need valves fitted), ...

GS500 parts - rear brake rotors, swing arm, sprocket covers, cylinders, heads, pistons, valves, valve shims, clutch plates, engine bolts, brake lights, starter covers, carbon fiber race fairing (never mounted), un-cut rear fender, front & rear sprockets, lower frame bars, service manual, frame without rear sub-frame, misc bolts & fasteners, ...

GS450 parts - bottom end (mostly complete) was for a hybrid GS/GR engine build (already sold the GR engines), …
SV parts - sub-frame, front rotors, front calipers & m/c, extra gas tank (dented), swing arm, clip-ons, windscreens, various body panels, service manual, ...

GSXR parts - front fender, rear swing arms, rear wheel (slight dent), front wheel (professionally straightened), various clutch cables, axles, 36mm carbs, sprocket carrier, front sprocket cover, ...

Katana parts - cylinder head, front fenders, front brakes, rear brake calipers, sprocket carriers, triple clamps, ...

TL1000R parts - upper headlight wire harness, magneto cover, throttle bodies, fuel injection control unit, ...

Various parts - horns, reflectors, Bandit 400 sprocket carrier, (2) M4 slip-on exhaust cans (includes new packing, slated for SV), custom built rear swing arm stands, Pit Bull front & rear stands, new racing slick tire (GS front or 125cc rear), grips, steering damper, ...

Tools - auxiliary fuel tank, timing wheel, shock spring compressor, carburetor vacuum balance gauge, valve spring compressor, SV frame sockets, Black + Gray wheel chocks, ...

I will even throw in an old beater KX80 that I got to turn into a parking lot racer ... too many dreams, not enough time.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:40:41 PM by dgyver »
Common sense in not very common.

Offline yamahonkawazuki

• Resident MonoPod
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Motorcycle God!
  • -Dum spiro spero (while i breathe, i hope)
Re: FS Custom Projects: ‘92 GS500 + ‘01 SV650S + Extras = $2500 for ALL
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »
drooling..... GLWS
Aaron
Jan 14 2010 0310 I miss you mom
Vielen dank Patrick. Vielen dank
".
A proud Mormon
"if you come in with the bottom of your cast black,
neither one of us will be happy"- Alan Silverman MD

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
Re: FS Custom Projects: ‘92 GS500 + ‘01 SV650S + Extras = $2500 for ALL
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
Still available....$2000

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
Re: FS Custom Projects: ‘92 GS500 + ‘01 SV650S + Extras = $2000 for ALL
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 08:32:59 PM »
Still got it all.... Looks like it is going to the local classifieds...

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
Still have all of this stuff...just taking up space...  :dunno_black:

Willing to make a crazy deal to get it all gone...  :cookoo:

Rather see someone on here benefit  :cheers:

Offline Bluesmudge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • World Superbike Racer
Are you willing to split anything up yet? I'm drooling over some of those GS500 modifications.

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
Are you willing to split anything up yet? I'm drooling over some of those GS500 modifications.
Sorry never got a notification

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
SOLD

All of my stuff is gone. It took 2 pickup trucks and 2 trailer loads to move it all. Kind of sad to see it go. But it is time. I have not worked on any of it in close to 10 years. Good times and memories!

:cheers:

Offline Bluesmudge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • World Superbike Racer
Any idea what the new owner is going to do with everything? Are they a member here?
There was some cool stuff in there from the "glory days" of GStwins. It would be cool to see what those parts become.

Offline dgyver

• Motorcycle God!
  • woof woof
They said they were going to finish the bikes and ride them. I question if that will happen. The dad funded the money for the son...the dad picked up the stuff both days. Also I have the keys to the GS, texted him and he has not come to get them. They are both riders.

Doubtful if he is on here. Maybe in the future. I agreed to help if needed.

I hope they do finish them, makes me sad if not. I tried to pass it on here but disappointing no one stepped up. They got one heck of deal.... I needed the room more than the money.