Author Topic: Free-ish. Stock seat from a 1997. Missing latch and bushings. Price is shipping.  (Read 272 times)

Offline cyclenerd7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Local Club Racer
Hi. I bought a damaged Corbin seat off fleabay for $50. I fixed it using the latch from my original seat. The original is in decent shape,  just, of course,  missing the latch. If anyone needs one, let me know. Price is the cost of shipping. Please don't fleabay it, save it for our broke-ass kindred.

Offline J_Walker

• World Superbike Racer
  • EST 01/22/1994
I have the latch I can offer up for free, its off an 05 stock seat, but it should work. that I can combo with this deal.
-Walker

Offline Kenner

• AMA Supersport Racer
I would love the seat and latch. I just picked up rebuilt/restored 04 that had a seat from some other bike mounted. It looked terrible, it was held on with pipe clamps and chain (yes I said chain!). I am also looking for a rear cowling, rear handle, and the latch piece that mounts to bike that has key and cable.

Thanks,

Ken

Online mr72

• World Superbike Racer
  • Musician, Engineer, Sci-Fi Author
    • Josh's Books
FYI that seat won't fit an '04, well not really any better than another wrong seat. The '01+ seats are much easier to find.

If the seat is still available I am game. I would like to try to make a custom seat, would like a base to cut on. But if someone else can use this seat intact, then please let them have it.

Offline Kenner

• AMA Supersport Racer
Won't fit or may fit OK with modifications? Looking at the 2 I was planning to chop the front off and try to make it follow the curve of the tank, but that's only if it will latch down. You're probably right, I'm likely better off going with a seat that will fit w/o mods.

PS do you still have those pod filters? I'd be interested in them for my latest project.

Ken

Online mr72

• World Superbike Racer
  • Musician, Engineer, Sci-Fi Author
    • Josh's Books
If you chop the front you can make it work with the tank to some extent (I have a '04 tank on my '92) but it won't mate correctly with the side/tail plastic parts. If you pull the side plastics off and let the wires etc. show then the seat itself will latch on and function. It is just the wrong seat for the bike.